Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's everybody doing this morning? I was up last night with gas. It was the first time I've had bad gas so far... it was jabbing me in my ribcage.. ugh! I walked around the house for about 20 min, took 2 gas-x strips and it finally subsided enough for me to go to sleep. But I guess for me to make it that long without any real gas pain, I did well. LOL

I think I'm going to actually talk DH into going for a walk around the neighborhood today. I don't want to overdo it, but I'm going stir crazy in the house. Have a great day everybody! :cool2:)

By the way I forgot to report on myself. I have done extremely well. I have very little soreness now (day 5) . I haven't had any gas pains. I had the same experience that CMT had. I laughed when she said she "wasted" the yogurt. That's me. Always cleaned my plate, always "got my money's worth" at a buffet.

"All you can eat" is not supposed to be a challange!

I have not had any doubts that I have done the right thing. I am down 23 from my highest (265) I was 255 when I started my pre-op diet and today I am down 13 (242). My husband tells me "Thats 13 lbs you'll never have to lose again"

In some of my pre-op posts I told of my fear that I would be the one person in this world that this would not work for. But now that it's done I am determined that I will make this work for me.

I am doing great. The only painful area I have now is the port area and that is only upon straining those muscles. I am thinking about using my DH's support thing he had for broken ribs and see if that takes some of the "strain" off that area. It has been making me sit up straighter since it is uncomfortable to slouch in a chair. LOL Losing weight and getting better posture....who knew? I am going for a long walk today too. I totally understand the stir crazy thought. And Altoonasoup - I knew someone would understand the "wasting" of food. I grew up on a farm in rural KS and we were not allowed to leave the table without cleaning our plates and if you complained about something on your plate you might have to eat extra. Plus we ate all those filling foods so you could go out and work in the fields or get all the farm chores done. That worked fine as long as I was doing all that activity and was young. It was even ok through school since I was still doing farm work and playing sports. But boy once I got older and not as active my body just packed on the pounds. I have never been a small person and know I won't get down to single digit sizes even now but, I know I can get to a healthy weight and maintain it with my new tool.

When my DH and I were out driving the other day, we passed my favorite Chinese buffet restaurant and I flipped it off. My Dh laughed. He says don't you wanna go there and eat again? LOL I said maybe some day because now I know I won't be able to fill three plates and I know it just wouldn't be worth it to make the "wrong choices" and get the "bad foods" that I used to get. They do have some good food choices that are pretty healthy (they also have "soul food" and american food). I read on another thread when I first got on this site that one person referred to the Shwann's guy as "the drug dealer on wheels". LOL I get it now! There was one point in line at the grocery store the other day where I kinda got to "jonesing" for a chocolate bar. I mean bad. Like thinking ok if I buy the 2 for a $1 I can sneek em in and eat em both. Then I moved a little getting things out of the cart and felt that pull in my port area and thought "what the hell are you thinking?" Just wait til you get home and you can have a chocolate Protein Shake and be soooo much better off. I know I have a lot more battles to come but so far I am WINNING!!!

Hope you all are doing good and starting to feel better. You can do it! Start moving and eating how you are supposed to and we will all get through it.

Sounds like everybody is doing good. I am still pretty swollen from the gas, about the rest of you. And of course have the port pain but I still think it was the right thing to do. I'm so excited to weigh my self on Wednesday. Hopefully there is a loss. Maggie:shades_smile:

I haven't had any "port" pain. What kind of band did everyone gets? Maybe that makes a difference? I got the realize band.

I am slowly starting to get hungry. I am also really shaky, probably from lack of food. I have been lucky to get 40-50 grams of Protein a day. I am really struggling with the protein.

Hey all !!! I glad to see everyone is doing good. I also am having problems getting the protien down.and have some really bad gas it feels like i have so much air in there if i was ever to burp or toot i would blow the house down (hahaha).

Is everyone still on liquids for another week i'm so tired of broth if anyone has new recipes please share.

Debbie I am on liquids for 2 more weeks although mine include Protein Shakes. For bast I have a chake in a 8 oz cup 4 oz of broth and a cup of Water I eat about half of everything and then for lunch and dinner I repeat . Yeah I would say I am sick of it and not getting anywhere near the Protein I am supposed to in.

OK HAS EVERYONE ELSE has a bm yet???? I asked my dr friday and he said its best to let nature take its course however nature seems to be slow. I am trying to avoid the pain pills and hope that helps. I am thinking it is time or am I just not eating enough hummm.

Okay, I had the most horrific BM this morning! I swear I gave BIRTH to a huge hard poo. It took me hours to recouperate. I HIGHLY SUGGEST stool softeners for anyone who hasn't had a BM yet. The rest of my BMs today have been fine. I think those who are waiting longer for nature to take it's course are in for the bigger surprises. I had a major log jam. I wished I would have started taking stool softeners!!!

I haven't had any bowel problems but my doctor let's us eat "full liquids" that includes watered down oatmeal and very soft scrambled eggs. So I think the bulky food helps. I am down about 7.5lbs from what I weighed on my scale at home last Wednesday. I decided to take another day off work. We have election day off so I am going to go back on Wednesday. I am just not feeling myself yet and am really sore. I just think I need a little more time. I went to Target yesterday and got tired from that, so I don't want to push it.

Hi everyone i'm being to feel alot better today.the big bad wolf (air in my tummy) finally started moving in the middle of the night and i blow the house down so i feel beeter .as far as the Constipation i had to take so milk of mag in order to get mine to move on out.i still on liquids only for one more week i hope i think i'm ready for soft"s but will ask my dr tomorrow.

Hi Everyone, I also had alot of problems with gas but after taking the Gas-X strips I feel alot better. I am on full fluids for 3 weeks. Yesterday I tried to eat some thin cream of wheat and some cream Soup. I can only eat about 2.5 oz. Then I became very nauseated for the rest of the day. I also now have very bad heart burn. I have some suppositories for the nausea and am taking Tums for the heart burn. My doctor says it is due to the tightness of the band and the swelling. I am going to go back to Clear Liquids for a few days. Any body else have problems with nausea and heart burn? I was planning on returning to work tomorrow but that is not going to happen. Recovery seems longer than I had anticipated. I can't even stay up all day at home yet.

I am on Clear Liquids thru this Friday, with the exception of Protein Drinks. And then I go onto full liquids. By Thanksgiving I will be able to have a small piece of Turkey and mashed potatoes and veg. Looking forward to that, but I sure don't want that to be my first getting sick from eating. How about the rest of you, will you be able to eat on Thanksgiving?

Have a good day. Maggies:shades_smile:

They brought me an ounce of cream of chicken in the hospital. So I guess I am on Full Liquids for one more week, then the mushy stage for two weeks. I am guessing I will be able to have a little turkey and some potato. That's about it though. It sounds like I am eating more than everyone else.

I'm sure hoping that i will be able to eat thanksgiving dinner with my family any some of my mom's potatoe salad mum mum good. I hope by then the cut on my tongue from surgery is all healed it hurts pretty bad and it is hard to eat right now and talk too because of it still being swollen.

So far so good! I had a BM last night and it didn't hurt so much as the smell!! OMG!! DH came home about an hour afterwards and I was so happy to have had my first bm, but he was like, "dayum it's ripe in there!"... I knew it was bad! LOL

I've been walking at least 30 min consecutively since Thurs and doing pretty well. When I was walking today, I had a brainstorm. I have a timer that I set for 1 hour. At 10 min before the hour is up, it beeps, then again at 5 min before. So... I set it for an hour and when the 10 min beep goes off, I do my 5 "deep breaths" and cough, then start walking laps around the house. Carrying the timer with me (resistance training, LOL) I stop when there's one more minute left and do more deep breaths and cough. That way, I'm making sure I'm breathing and getting 8 min of walking in per hour. If I can do that consistently, I'll be really adding in some activity. It doesn't have to be consecutive to count and it'll help further prevent the gas.

Now, how long are we supposed to be breathing into our spirometers and coughing? Just curious.... I sneezed today and was terrified, but it didn't hurt. Thank God!!