Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck / Boob Job

My question is I know that for a Tummy Tuck it’s probably better to wait until I no longer want children, but for a boob job (with implants) should I also wait until I am done having kids or will a pregnancy affect what they look like after wards. I know there is a lot of young people that have lost a large amount of weight and then had plastic surgery, do you regret getting it before children? Did it affect what you looked like afterwards?

Should I wait for a boob job also??? I have so many questions, please help!!!

I don't know if it will effect how they look afterwards after a boob job. I can tell you this. I nursed both of my children (way too long) and my breast have deflated and headed south. (lol) My breast also seems to be the first place I loose weight, so figure after I'm near goal they will have to be unrolled from my bra and somthing will ahve to be done about them.

I joke about what nursing did to my breasts, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. If you are interested in breastfeeding future babies it something I would certainly discuss with your plastic surgeon. They have come along way over the years, but it used to be it could effect your milk supply if breast tissue was cut or moved in a lift or implant.

Now with the Tummy Tuck I was advised by my plastic surgeon that it was best to wait till you were done having children. Key word best. The worst that I think would happen is that you have to have a re"tuck" after child birth though. (but this could happen with any weight gain or loss...a friend had a tummy tuck then lost more weight and needs a revision tummy tuck now.)

Melissa

I believe it will affect there looks. I know before I was pg my breast were a full c cup...both the same size...but after they were a full d (maybe bigger) and one is larger than the other by aprox 1/2 cup....After I quit bf, they went back to a C/D cup and they are still lopsided (my daughter is 4yrs old) and they were never a perky again. Also I've heard it's difficult to bf if you have work done on them. Just something to think about :)

I agree with Melissa about asking your surgeon this question. I would think that he would have the best advice on this.

On a side note. I know someone who had implants, and about 6 weeks after her surgery, someone came from behind and hugged her real tight - even picked her up from behind. Resulting in 1 implant "sinking" under the breast tissue.

Its not very noticable to others, but she says with her shirt off, its VERY noticable (one is perky, the other one is not). So I just caution you - if and when you have the implants, just be careful of really tight hugs while you are in the healing phase.

On that Dr 90210 show, they had a woman that had a boob job before kids. She wanted to have it redone afterwards. The doctor commented on her sagging. Although they blur out the nipple.......I must say they looked fine to me.

I found a good site on Boob jobs if anyone wants to check it out. I must say, the pictures are very graphic. If you don't want to see naked boobies pre and post surgery, you may not want to check it out, but, it gives a good picture of the type of scarring you might have.breast surgery

Denise, that is a great site.

Wow, makes me want to make a call today and schedule a BR. Id certainly qualify.

Part of the deal I think is what type of BR you have done. One is where they pluck the nipple off the breast and pop it in the new position. I think this will negate any future breast feeding.

I'm afraid that I won't meet the Notch to Nipple test for my BR. We shall see once I lose weight though. (I was a MM while BF my Spud.)

Notch to Nipple test

Vines, I am SO uneducated. Please tell me what this is.

I think (you should notice it in some of the pictures) its the one where there is an incision line below the nipple and around part of the nipple like a key hole. I could be wrong.