Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts: Arms, Butt & Thighs, Oh My!

Well, I'm ready for round two! (I had a Tummy Tuck, Lipo and breast lift 6 months ago). I just had my two week pre-op appointment with my plastic surgeon today. My journey is almost complete. I wanted to have lost my last 10 pounds but other than that, I'm almost done with this wieght loss adventure that started a little over two years ago. I'm going to have my arms done, lipo of the thighs, a thigh and butt lift and an anchor revision to my tummy tuck. My doc is estimating about 6 hours for the surgery. I'm very nervous, but excited too. I will post some before pictures soon. So, come along and share my experience. Hopefully, we'll learn from one another!

I am so happy for you Karey - congratulations on this last step! I just had my pre-op appointment as well. Hopefully we'll see one another at Dr. Saltz!

~Lori

Karey,

I am so excited for you. I have been keeping up with your journey, all I can say is " You Rock". I know you have had your up's and down's, but I know in the end you will be happy with the out come. Wishing you all of the luck in the world. Hope to be joining you in "Flatland" some time soon.

Take care,

Laura

Good luck Karey! am very excited for your fast approaching day. The butt is kind of annoying but probably less painful than the tummy. Maybe get some egg crate foam to put on your chairs - that helps out a lot.

Go Karey! As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Here's hoping for completely smooth sailing this time 'round.

Karey...just want to wish you luck on your second time around. I know you had a tough decision to make on what you wanted to get done. Hope your recovery is a quick one. Take care

Thanks for all the well wishes! It is truly appreciated! Karen, thanks for the egg crate suggestion, I'll try and make that happen! I'm actually feeling calmer since my pre-op appointment. I wish I could have talked my ps into doing the inner thighs at the same time, I tried my hardest, showing him before weight loss pictures, etc., but he said it was just too much with everything else. Don't know that I'll ever get them done, because these surgeries are such a disruption of one's life. Maybe in a year, I'll feel differently, but I don't think so! I'm hoping that I'll make friends with my scars and all will be well. Rigt now, I'm trying to nip a cold. I'm using Zicam and Emergen-C and my doc gave me a Z pack. Keep me in your thoughts that this cold will be through soon and not disrupt my surgery date! Right now, we're getting ready to go up to our cabin and have an old fashioned "barn raising." There will be about 40 men, family and friends to help us and I will be cooking my little heart out all weekend. Not what you want to be doing when you're not feeling well, but so thankful that so many want to help us! I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the support!

Karey, nothing like a good ol barn raising to keep your mind occupied, can I come too,hehehe

I am trying to fight off a cold also, I think I may call my Dr and ask about a Z Pack.

I give you great big high five for getting the arms, thighs, tummy and butt all done at once!! You are superwoman!!

Have a great weekend.

Edited by Shalee04
spelling

can't wait to see your awesome results. Do you ever wonder what you will think about/do with yourself when this is all done. Weight loss and PS is so mind consuming for me!!

The barn raising and fellowship sounds like a blast Karey.... and it will be so nice to have friends and family and laughter to focus on. Have a great time and rest easy knowing your PS is coming soon and you WILL be healthy and rested and ready to heal once it takes place. Bless you!

The barn raising went well. It was wonderful to reconnect with so much family! I cooked my heart out and I'm afraid to weigh myself. I'm going to have to work out extra hard tomorrow! Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Well, I almost decided to call and cancel my surgery yesterday. My brother is having major, MAJOR financial problems and I feel very selfish spending all this money on myself. It just feels so extravagant, especially with all the financial upheaval going on in the stock market, etc. I wish I had a crystal ball and could see into the future. We have "lost" a ton of money in the last week on our 40l k's, etc. I'm also feeling extemely anxious about all the procedures I'm having. People close to me, keep telling me that I look fine and shouldn't be doing this to myself. My weight trainer is really expressing this strongly, which is nice that he cares, but part of me thinks he's going to miss the income. I'm getting a little cynical about things like this. My husband is getting anxious about my surgery and that is also rubbing off on me. It's hard to stay strong when everyone around you is so negative. I need to take my own before pictures and remind myself why I am doing all this. Maybe I should help my brother instead, I don't know. We have helped him a lot in the past and it seems that every bad thing that can affect the economy happens to him. Now he and his wife are both unemployed and his son's school loan program was cancelled (a failed bank) so now he has to leave college. He doesn't have his house payment this month, etc. His problems are so serious and here I am spending mega bucks to get rid of a little skin (okay a lot of skin)! Am I being mega selfish? Just not sure!

Edited by kareyquilts
typo

Karey, I don't think your being selfish at all. You say you have helped your brother alot in the past, sometimes we have to step back and hand out toughlove to our relatives who "depend" on us always helping them.

I'm sure your hubby is just worried for you and this surgery, because he loves you.

I too have been having these feelings of "should I really be spending this kind of money on this surgery?" it's not a neccesity of life. This is money we could use on the house, or put into our retirement. Then my husband reminds me that this isn't selfish of me to want this. I have never ever asked anyone for anything before. I got married young, divorced and raised my 3 girls on my own. We didn't have alot back then, but we had what we needed and didn't do without the basics. Now fast forward years later, life with new hubby is great, he's always been great to my kids When my college student needs $$$ he is always 1st to send it to her, no questions asked. And now there is one thing I really want for myself, this TT. And he wants to give me this, But he loves me as I am with all my extra wobbly parts. I know this will make me happier, and he will get to see me happier. So in light of everything going on in the world, if this makes me selfish then so be it. BUT I don't think it does make us selfsih, Sometimes we have to take a look at ourselves first and formost and do what we need for us. Nope I don't think your selfish.