Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October 2008 thread

I'mmmmm baaack and it's cold !

Had to switch the thermostat from ac to heat, it was 82 when we left to go to Fl now it's 59, brrrr.

Sherry, how's your "condition", are you still having the same problems?

Will ck back later gals.

Good Morning Y'all!

It's cold here too. We had a cold front move in and we are in for some cool weather. It won't be too bad during the day, but really cold at night. I hate cold weather!

Pat glad you are back, we missed you! I know you had a great time so I won't even say anything about that. lol

Sherry - Hope you can get some answers soon. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I don't have much time this morning. I am going with the new boss to take some people from another company out for lunch today, so I want to spend a little extra time fixing myself up for it. lol I want to make a good impression. Or, at least try!

Has anyone got their voting done yet? I think we will go on Saturday. We are still in early voting here and I don't want to have to stand in long lines when it gets further along. I am not much on standing around waiting.

Good morning to the rest of you gals, I'll catch up with y'all later!

Early voting? We can't do that here.

I don't know what's going to happen with this band of mine....I have to call next Tuesday to see if I can get in there. Unfortunately no appointments can be booked earlier than I have so I have to try calling every week and hope someone cancels. THEN I'm going to test another fill...if that fill brings reflux again...I think I'm done :smile: Keeping my fingers crossed that's not the case. This really stinks and I'm nervous about it but, what can I do really. Just keep my chin up and TRY to keep more weight from coming back. I was thinking about the sleeve procedure but, not sure if that will happen. I don't think insurance will pay for another bariatric surgery and I just don't have the cash to pay for it myself. Things are pretty tight here now.....so much so that it's pretty scarey and I"m sure that stress isn't helping but again...one day at a time :thumbup:

Betty it will be nice to see pics :cool2: I bet you look awesome.

Did I tell ya'll I went on a Witch Ride sunday? Charity ride for MDA and man oh man I was frozen like a popsicle! My thighs were so freaking red that they tingled for hours, were still cold after a hot shower and it took 2 days to get the chill out of my bones. burrrrrrrrrrrrrr It's only 34 degrees here right now (8:20pm) and it's suppose to go down to 20 tonight!!!! burrrrrr I already have my winter jammies on, with a winter bathrobe and winter sock. Thats N.E. for ya :w00t: Beautiful colors up here right now though :lol:

Well, gotta go get my laundry out of the dryer. Hope you're all doing well and shrinking! Hugs!

and the emails are weird. Its sending me to the beginning of the thread. I know Alex was working on the chats today and was still doing so just an hour or so ago. I'll try to get in there though.

Chat rooms???? there are chat rooms here??? wow you learn something new every day. I will have to search and check those out tomorrow when I am avoiding doing work :-)

Edited by jetti
I wasnt finished typing yet

Jess, Just peek over to the left of your screen under Members Section you'll see a link for LBT's chat :wink_smile:

I go in there once in a while to make sure things are going ok. Yesterday Alex had to work on it and I believe why this website/forum was reallllllllly slllloooowwwww.

Just peeking in now and it seems to be running at the right speed. Whew! Thank goodness because it's aggrevating lol

Good morning ladies!

First, Sherry, thank you so much for what you do for MDA. I have Muscular Dystrophy, along with alot of family members, and we always love it when people get involved. Thank you again!

So I am so excited, I am officially down 20 pounds!!! I am so happy I got this fill.

I will tell you, just from the fill, it is so different than before.

So how is everyone else? Any plans for the weekend?

post-243779-13813137789785_thumb.jpg

Edited by NJSoldierwife

Michaele you look great!!!! Having met you before you had the surgery I can see the difference not only in your body but in the smile that is coming off your face! WAY TO GO!! :-)

Michaele - The witch ride was actually the 2nd charity ride we did this year. They had one during the summer too from another location. Its amazing when you see so many bikes out all together and there are bikes for miles and miles during the rides. I'm not brave enough to ride my own during one yet so I just hop on my hubby's.

Jess - Did you find the chat room?

Plans for the weekend....I don't have any specific plans which is cool for me. If DH goes on a ride I'll probably up in a few hours or work. Too dang cold to go for a ride for me especially after freezin on the bike last weekend. I did order chaps through ebay...damn things are kinda snug. Stupid "made in china" sizing regardless of what the measurements say. That part drives me nuts. They weren't expensive thank goodness but, I'm going to have to order another pair but I think this time I'll go to a shop and pay the regular price. At least I'll know they freaking fit. Maybe someday I'll fit into these others...if I ever get this band working right again that is :thumbup:

Good morning, ladies! You all look and sound wonderful! Betty, I sure wish we could see pics of that fabulous new body! I just know you look beautiful.

Sherry- I'm intrigued with the witch ride... what exactly is it? It sounds like fun and cold as a witches' tit!

Jessica, I love your beach picture... you must be getting so close to goal. That is wonderful and you look great!

Kat- are you feeling back to normal yet? You've been through so much I know it must take awhile.

Diane - I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I've been to Nassau and wasn't so impressed either. Did you stay at the Atlantis? I noticed you're about a year from your surgery. Any regrets or observations?

Pat- were the pics from Ft. Lauderdale from your condo? It looks beautiful. There is so much to do in that area of Florida. I hope you'll invite me when you and Diane have your next cocktail hour. I usually get home from work between 5:30 and 6, except for Thursday nights when I have class.

I'm envious of all of you that get to check your e mail and the site at work. I am totally blocked! I can only check my work e mail and approved sites from the school district. :thumbup:

Have a great weekend!

Donna

Hi Donna, The witch ride is a motorcycle charity ride that went approximately 30 miles or more. We ended up in Salem Massachusetts Hence calling it the witch ride plus it's always in October. Cold isn't the word for it!!! Freeeeezing is more like it haha. Each rider pays $30 including the passengers. So they say there were approximately 3-4thousand bikes. So figure 3500 x $30 = $105K raised to go towards MDA. Amazing! I have to say I think bikers are the biggest charity folks around...most of them anyway. There are so many charity runs and we usually do at least 4-5 a year. We love the Ronald McDonald house run, 2 MDA runs, a Cancer Run and Toys for tots. Sometimes we do even more than that...just depends on the weather and if we have plans or not. It's alot of fun really. :thumbup:

How is everyone doing? Man it sure is getting cold. Might do some baking tonight myself. Pillsbury had a new lower sugar cake mix and frosting made with splenda I might try. I usually bake for friends at work during the holidays so it will be nice if the calories can be cut back with this. We'll see how it tastes and I'll let you know. I'm also searching around my many internet recipe websites for something different...although the taco Soup is really calling my name and my cold bones hahaha. Made Fish Chowder last weekend...it was yummy and lots of good Protein. SO EASY PEASY to make too!!!