Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October 2008 thread

No NO No---no monkeys!!!! LOL

All is well here, or at least the same, still messing around trying to get my bank account dealt with. But they are being decent so far, so, so am I.

We had our last softball game, I just didn't play following my surgery---figured better safe than sorry! Looking forward to next year! Thinking I might play Volleyball come spring, the problem is, my body and my bones are seriously almost 50 years old, and I cannot fathom that! My mind says I am 20 something and can do these things......getting old sucks!

You know that Arby's commercial about having Arby's on the brain, and they walk around with a little Arby's hat over their head???? My 3 year old granddaughter come in at 6 AM wanting roast beef and curly fries.....her way of saying Arby's--------now here we are 6 hours later and she still wants it, I have offered everything in exchange-----stubborn little gal, wonder where she gets that????

Will try to get back and do some personals----going to make something for lunch, even if it isn't Arby's quality!!! If it was close, I would concede--but it is the next town over......so not worth the gas and time and $$$ to go get a kids meal!! LOL

See y'all later!! NO monkeys!!!

Kat

Hey everyone....hope everything is going well. Just popping in. My nutrionist emailed me at work today to see if I still wanted to participate in the Bari-Buddy program. What that is is they give out my name, number and email to other people ready for surgery or who had it so they can have a buddy to call, email or chat with. So far only one person has called but, then again they had my wrong email addy haha. I just gave them the right one today. So when I called her to let her know I'll help where I can, she made the mistake of asking how I was doing UGH. Well if you consider putting on 22-23 pounds since 1/1/08 doing ok then I'm fine. dang nabbit. Soooo she's been there through my reflux crap and has been a big help and again she was today. I ended up making an appointment for the day before Thanksgiving to get a fill. WTF was I thinking? haha. I'll be on liquids for thanksgiving? My appointment was Dec 10 but, luckily I did talk to them because they were going to cancel it as my doc won't be around. Nov 26th was the soonest I could get. So now I have to call them every Tuesday to see if someone cancelled for Wed. Wed is the only day he sees patients for fills. It's to the point I wish we had a fill center here with all the fancy gadgets to watch the fill go in, flouro whatever it is. I want Pats doc :wink2: So anywho I'm going to try a fill again and if the reflux starts up again I'm demanding a flouro or something to check on this thing! Right now it's as if I don't have a band that's how quick food slips right through. NUTS!

I ordered the 10 minute trainer DVDs from BeachBody...hoping I'll push myself to do at least 10 freaking minutes of something and stick to it. Yeap.....we'll see. I may have just lost weight in my wallet lol.

There is a new gym going up that's on my way home from work....$10 a month. Thinking about it...thinking if I go right after work without stopping home first I have a shot of doing it. Because once I'm home that's it I'm done for the night. This lazy ars doesn't wanna move.

This weekend Betty my only plans are to buy a pair of chaps (God I hate those things when ya got a nice hanging belly to go in that gap!!!!) but, we're going on a charity ride to Salem MA. They call it the witch run. We have to leave at 6:15am and we'll freeze if I don't get something. Hmmm might invest in long johns but...then I won't be able to button my jeans. Oh the dilemma.

oh well....I have to get going already. Worked late today and now I've thrown things all off! Got house stuff to get done! Hugs to all!

Good Morning Y'all!

It's been busy here! DH old van is on it's last legs so we went shopping for a new vehicle for him. we were gone all day long, finally found him one. then we came home and had all the neighbors over until 11:30 which was fun but not fun this morning the way my head/body feels. lol

Betty- I can go braless too. I just tuck em in the waistband of my pants!:)

Donna

Good morning y'all!

Well today is my pampering day. I didn't even tell dh I took the day off to go, I am going to see if he notices anything when I get home. lol Heck maybe there won't be enough of a difference to notice at all. We'll see.

Donna - You are crazy! I use to be able to tuck mine in too, or throw them over my shoulders. lol

Pat - Missy where are you? Is this the week you are on vacation sunning yourself in that skimpy suit?

Kat - Glad you are doing so much better. I was worried about you!

Sherri - Join the club, seems like since surgery and not moving much and not lifting etc. the weight just poured on. Now I don't fell like doing anything either. I need to do something, cold weather is moving in and all the holidays and there goes more on the old butt!

Darcy - I am so glad to see you posting. See you aren't the only one struggling right now. How did the court thing go? I am keeping my fingers and everything else crossed I have for you! Big hugs and good wishes are headed your way!

Michaele - You are doing great with your weight loss!

I have a brain fart right now, can't remember any names or anything. Forgive me my friends, I haven't finished my first cup of coffee and I guess I am still asleep.

We are going to go shopping tomorrow for seat covers/floor mats for the new truck. That is a must as dh will have the tan rugs/seats dirty quick.

then we have a big thing going on at Harley, free beer and bbq with two bands and all kinds of stuff going on. I guess that will take care of Saturday. Sunday will be heal up and clean up day along with laundry. Ugh, i wish I could afford a maid! Wouldn't that be nice to have a maid and a cook to just take care of us? Well, I can dream can't I? I just wish I could have a cleaning crew come once a month! lol

Everyone have a great day! I'll let you know if I am crying or happy after the hair is done!

OMG, you girls are in rare form today!

Sherry, you and your DVD's and work out programs, I had to laugh, I bought the Wii "fit" almost a month ago, it's still in the box, sitting next to my desk, lol.

Betty, I'm in sunny Ft Lauderdale, we stood on the balcony this am and watched the sun come up over the horizon, beautiful! I think you should go for a total new doo to go with the new girls. I ran into a friend at the seafood fest we went to Wed evening and she'd had a lift and TT and she got the implants, they looked like what I wanted, so I've pretty much decided I'm going back in for the implants and more reduction, I hate wearing a bra.

Kat, I just can't keep up with you girl, you're always doing something. I can just vision the little one, I'd say she's got gma where she wants her.

Darcy, I'm thinking of you, sending you good vibes...

Sherry, chaps, LOL, I'll think of you wearing those things while I'm sitting out with my NOT skimpy swimsuit on, LOL.

OK, I'm gonna be back with some pic's, but I was afraid I'd lose this post.

Well, I am back home, been gone all day long.

I got my hair cut pretty short, I just love it. I don't know if DH will like it, but I just love it. I wish my puter would co-operate, I would post a picture. It is short, layered and really bouncy. I just hope I can style it like this when I do it myself. I had my manicure, and my pedicure and my eyebrows done. I just pampered myself for 3 hours. Oh yeah and a color job done too!

I am anxious to see what hubby thinks. Just 4 weeks ago my hair was down to my waist, then I cut it to the middle of my back, now it is above my shoulders. Welll, at least I did it a little at a time. lol

The gal gave me a coupon for 10 bucks off a massage, so I guess I will just have to go back and have that done now.

Pat - waiting to see your pictures! You just have too much fun! lol

Later!

Hey Girls

Donna... Hope you have recovered from the late night!

Betty... Pictures girl!!! I wanna see the new you!

Pat... Dang girlfriend... mail that Wii thang to me! Great... now I have a mental pic of you in a swimsuit and chaps...lol.

Sherry... I'm glad you made that appointment and I know all of the peeps that come to you for info are going to find all the help they could possibly need! I'll keep my fingers crossed for this new fill. :smile2: Your hubby will luv ya in your new chaps!

Jessica.... LMAO in regards to your hee hawing co-workers!

Kat... You don't look a day over 30 and I hope the financial deal is worked out soon. :thumbup:

Eileen.. how's every little thing?

Well... the court phone conference was a joy... lol. I hope that all of this mess is finished with now. It's been a tough road to hoe. Have to go pick her up in a few but wanted to jump in an say hi first!

I've been researching other WLS options ... it's scary to think of going though surgery again but since I can't use my band... I need to have something or else I would have never been banded in the first place. I would have to go to Mexico if I had anything done and that freaks me out even more!

Anyhoooo... sorry if I missed anyone... Oh...Pat... once you unpack that Wii...let me know how you like it.

TTFN

Now....Darc...if you and I could make a vacation out of sleeve surgery in Mexico...that might be something to consider :smile2: How to pay for it hmmm gotta think of that one. One step at a time lol

Sherry, if I can get this email to work, the sending part, I'll forward you the pictures so you can downsize for me :smile2:.

That's the only problem with this wifi stuff, it works one way. I've got a Verizon stick and it receives very well, but I can't get my email to go, boohoo.

Hey as for Mexico, we're going the 13th of next month to Celebrate the big 40, now that I'm looking forward to. I have to admit the weather is awesome here.

We spent the afternoon looking at condo's and OMG, freakin fortune. We went into this one ocean front and it had an European kitchen, fancy dangled espresso machine, installed in the wall, just like a microwave. They had instant hot Water at the sink and a hot Water spout over the huge stove. Well as you all know that would have been one heck of a waste for me...haha.

Diane, where are you?

Darcy, don't look for me to open that box too fast, I bought a new printer last November, wireless, yep, it's still sitting in the box.

Betty, I'm so excited you got your hair cut, I'll bet it is awesome, can't wait to see it.

My bags are packed Sherry.... as soon as we win the lottery we are outta here!

I already have a season lottery ticket my friend :tongue_smilie: Pack...hell we win we're off and running and buy clothes while we are there hahaha

That should work well since none of my clothes fit anymore! :tongue_smilie: You know I'm getting desperate when I calmly consider getting on an airplane!!!!

Seriously though... have you researched the sleeve quite a bit????

I've read quite a bit about it and had it been around when I had my surgery and was as well known at it is now...I would have opted for that instead of the band. Only because trying to get this thing adjusted is very difficult and I have to rely on the surgeon versus a visit to my pcp if I have an issue. As it is now anytime I'm sick I have to contemplate if it's a bariatric issue or PCP issue...makes it hard sometimes. Have you researched it? There is a sleeve section in here now too. I should poke around there myself.

Problem is I don't think insurance covers the sleeve right now. It's too new. I asked my surgeon about it and he said he's done 4-5 so far and hasn't been paid yet for it by insurance. That's not a good thing as not sure I could afford to do this on my own :tongue_smilie:

ARE YOU SITTING DOWN.............. Yes it is me!

Just thought I would check in. You all look absoultely fab! HOT MAMAS....

I am going for full hysterectomy and pannilectomy on Monday. I am not at goal, but figured since they were cutting me open... what the heck!

DH: wonderful!

Sunny South Florida: great!

DC: all five living their lives and what more could you ask for! Son in air force got married in May .. the same week the youngest graduated from college in Boston.

DGC: All five doing great!

The Band: it is still there. I have learned like a good student to eat around it! I am still going to gym and working out. I keep off the 60lbs I lost. I have not had a fill in almost two years. If I try to eat fast or to much... it still sends me to the bathroom real quick so I would say... it is doing its job when I let it....

So, that is all from me. I have to go since I have nesting all weekend before surgery! LOL I am grateful for small things today. I can bend over and tie my shoes and happiness is an inside job!

Love you guys..... Donna

:tongue_smilie:

Edited by migbt