Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October 2008 thread

Good morning all!

Hope you don't mind I started off in this beautiful new month. Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary. 9 years. Wow! Unfortunately dh is in Iraq, so I probably will not be in the greatest of moods.

Guess what? I lost a pound!!! I know it is not alot, and it might be more but I have AF, but it is a pound!!! So 16 down, 101 to go!

Hope you all have a good day!:cursing:

Michaele, Happy Anniversary, sorry DH is not there to enjoy it with you.

Kat, hopefully October is much nicer to you than September was! I hope you have all the bad things out of your system, what a month! You can bet your sweet a$$ I won't be using a charge card at Chili's. If I'm not using a business card, I pay cash, I don't use my personal CC's for restaurants.

A few of us were talking about these "phishing" sites, that look like, or mirror your bank's website and send you emails. Someone said the key is if they address you in your email by name or something like dear valued customer, that they don't have your name, but they're "phishing" for it with the email, so everyone be careful answering bank emails.

One of my houses is financed through Washington Mutual, I was was hoping I wouldn't have to make any more payments, LOL.

I'm on a mission to get in more Protein, I started mentally reviewing my diet of late and it's salads, salads, and more salads. Here and there chicken might be on it, not much Protein either way. I guess I'll start with the "shakes" again :cursing:. I bought one of those super high protein vials, but haven't tried it yet, I'm such a chicken when it comes to that.

OK, enough bla bla bla from me.

Later

Thanks for starting a new thread, Pat. Our house is financed through Washington Mutual as well. We have it automatically deducted the first of the month. I'm going to check at the end of the day and see if they took it out! Maybe they'll call it even. LOL

Michaele- Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry your DH is not here to share it with you. When is he expected home? My nephew is in Baghdad now a year and won't get home until sometime in January. The army is not family friendly. My next door neighbor is in Iraq, too, with five kids and his wife here. We help her out all we can, but I know it has to be so hard for her.

Kat - you just can't get a break! Thanks for warning us about the credit card scam in restaurants. Although we don't eat out much, when we do we almost always use our debit. I'm steering clear of places with crayons.

With this economy we may have to go back to using cash anyway! :mellow:

As far as the scale, I weigh myself once a week before jumping into the shower. I used to do it every day, but the variations drove me crazy. When I do it once a week, I will usually see a lb or so gone... worse case is I stay the same. I go today and have to get weighed with clothes on, so I hope I'm not disappointed.

Well ladies, have a great day. I'll let you know how my fill goes.

:cursing: Donna

Donna, good luck with the fill.

Diane, have a great time on your trip, don't sunburn your arse, haha.

Sherry, Betty, get outta the kitchen and give us a shout.

Darcy, get outta Pogo, u can get that badge later, LOL.

Later gals, gotta go finish the left overs from Outback, ahhh, so love their kitchen instead of mine, we ate early with the old ppls.

Thanks for starting a new thread, Pat. Our house is financed through Washington Mutual as well. We have it automatically deducted the first of the month. I'm going to check at the end of the day and see if they took it out! Maybe they'll call it even. LOL

Michaele- Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry your DH is not here to share it with you. When is he expected home? My nephew is in Baghdad now a year and won't get home until sometime in January. The army is not family friendly. My next door neighbor is in Iraq, too, with five kids and his wife here. We help her out all we can, but I know it has to be so hard for her.

:cool2: Donna

Donna!

Thank you so much for the anniversary wishes! I heard from dh at 5 am today for about 2 seconds and than he had to go, I hope he can call me again! So of course I cried myself to sleep. He just started his tour so he wont be home until next summer. This is his 2nd tour, he was there 2004 - 2005.

So how is everyone today? I am good. It is nice and chilly here in the 60's I love the fall.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to have gone missing for awhile. Drama at my household (so what else is new?) Been a rollercoaster ride with my Mom's health. Last week I was away on a business trip (thankfully not too far away) when my son called. My Mom had a horrific fall down the stairs. It was really complicated by the fact that she had been on blood thinners for her heart, so she ended up having brain bleeding and then fractures & disk displacement in her lower spine. She was transported to a trauma center. Is now home. I was very proud of my sons and how they handled the emergency (calling 911, keeping my Dad calm and Mom still until paramedics arrived).

So, I've been here lurking when possible. I can't get a break. :w00t:

And, I wonder why I break out in fat all these years! Honestly, not to whine, it is impossible to focus on ME through all this. I just hope the scale is kind.

Okay, sorry for my personal pity party.

Take care all. I'll be more upbeat next post! Promise!

Dang....I again was wondering why I haven't received any updates from NJ Chat. Now I know why lol. Typical me. Can someone send me the link when you start a new thread or post it to the old one. I know we've lost others this way so maybe that last email update will warn me to move my ars to the new thread lol. I posted the link to this one on our last chat so anyone else who misses it will know :w00t:

SSDD for me. Always busy...not in the kitchen though, in front of a computer is all yuck!

who the heck let it be October already!?!?!?!

michaele - Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you get to hear from your husband again soon!! love and prayers to all of our troops no matter where they are

Trish - I hope your mom is getting better and my finger are crossed for the scale to be nice to you

Donna - how did your fill go? was the scale kind to you?

Pat - I eat salad all the time - I LOVE salad always have - but I do make sure there is chicken in there and sometimes a hard boiled egg so that I can get the Protein in. I still do a Slim Fast shake every day. I really like them and its 20 grams of Protein so you cant beat that.

Kat - have you gotten anything else sorted out with your card?

have a great night ladies...the gym kicked my butt this week so im off to bed early tonight or at least that is my plan.

Nothing new here---posting tonight to keep the link and subscribe---but for now I am heading off to bed. See the Dr. tomorrow at 19---will post when I get back.

Thanks so much for all the kind words and support---y'all are the best!

Kat

Unfortunately I have my mortgage with Countrywide and employee there got caught selling personal information...nice letter in the mail from Countrywide a few weeks ago. It's just nuts! I'm praying my information wasn't one of the ones sold. They said it included SS#, DOB, Full name, addresses....oh yea nice! Scarey stuff it really is.

I use my debit card everywhere too including restaurants....guess I'll use a credit card instead of my debit card so at least they can't get to my checking/savings accounts huh? Damn theifs!

Anywho....I've decided to volunteer for Hospice...you know in my spare time *gulp*. I was at a natural living expo and they had a stand there. It's something I've been thinking about for a long time and ended up talking to a nice woman there. I told her I've always wanted to help out and wasn't sure if patient's wanted Reiki. She said some definately do so I'm suppose to go for training next week.

So with this unfill I had (now only about .50cc in my band) it's as if I don't have a band at all :tongue: It's not a good thing ladies....because my head needs a band. I'm scared to death with the holidays coming starting with freaking Halloween all the way to New Years. Hell I've put on about 21 pounds since New Years already with all the reflux issue and now the unfill that I'm so scared I'll be right back to where I started in no time. Just as I was thinking...ok I'm going to call and try a fill again....my freaking heart burn is starting up again. I'm beside myself with this. I wish I had the money to do the sleeve, I really do. I think the band is putting too much pressure on my stomach/esphogus and it's causing me these issues :tongue: At least with the sleeve you don't have to go for fills etc but, man any operation scares me.

I have to get to work....can't do personals but, I'm thinking of ya.

bye for now and have a wonderful Friday. TGIF!

Hey Y'all!

I found you! I was pouting that nobody was posting! lol

Kat - I have been worried about you! I kept checking everyday, but nothing and then I realized I was still in Sept. Feel better soon!

Jessica - I just love your picture! You are a hot mama in that picture!

Michaele - Happy Anniversary! I hope you get a call and can talk for a while!

Pat - I wish they would loose my mortgage! I am not that lucky!

Trish - Sorry to hear about your mom, I'll keep her in my prayers.

Darcy - Hope you get to check back in soon! We miss you!

Dang, I just got a call and I am getting some company! I don't want company tonight! I just get home from work and I want to relax for a night!

Catch you all later!

Yep 19 o clock found me at the Dr. See I told you I was tired last night!!! 19???? I went at 10---he says it looks like the rash is clearing as it is scabbing in spots I scratched it raw. Hope so. He thinks it was a combo of the adhesive, and stress. He wants me to take the Zyrtec for 2 weeks, faithfully, and he also gave me Xanax so if I feel especially stressed such as the day I found out about the bank issue, I can take it----and see if the rash does not clear up. So I might be itchy, but I'll be such a Zombie from the meds, I won't know it!!!

I am off to fix some fish for supper----trying to eat good---so far so good today, and I watched my granddaughter eat a mini ice cream sandwich at the Tollhouse Cookie place in the mall----good thing I love her or I might have mauled her for it!!!

Check in later!!!

Kat

Oh Kat, be so careful with the Xanax, I had some personal issues last year around Thanksgiving and Christmas, I was taking 1/2 at noon and another at bed time, I slept good, but started reading Xanax can be very addicting, be careful. ( I might ad, it was goooood, LOL), but I do hate taking pills, so I stopped in January.

We're at our beach house and it is so beautiful, the weather is perfect.

Did I mention our Diane is in the Bahamas! I'll take the Bahamas anyday over Nags Head, LOL. Have a Bahama Mama for me!

Hugs

Edited by HarleyNana

Yeah he said the same thing, and he only gave me 15 with no refills!!! Can't stay addicted too long I guess!! LOL, thanks for the heads up though!!!

Kat

Happy Saturday Chickies,

Finally the sun came out, sheesh I was starting to think the weather guys could be wrong *faint* lol

Things are nuts here, pups are bigger, poop is bigger, yadda yadda yadda. Two pups are leaving to their new homes in 2 weeks, and we are keeping 1.

MIL is in the hospital, they thought they would have to amputate her only leg, but they were able to save it by doing a lower bypass. Thank GOD!!

DD and myself are sick, colds/bronchitis/sinus infections, happy happy joy joy... but really I'm not complaining b/c I know things could be worse.

I'm going to disney oct 31 - nov 8 (or somethng like that) and I promise myself I'm going for a fill right after... Its getting to the point where I'm going to break (hit bottom), so I'm ready to give up eating the portions I love to eat.

Its so good to see you all.... and I agree.. how did october get here so fast?