Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

As I said neither yay or nay. However, a number have posted that Wednesday is not convenient. Anytime would be convenient for me as I do not work.

Meeting at restaurants is risky because of reservations, no shows, costs etc. The Richmond group that met at a pizza place no longer meets.

I would continue to vote on the hospital.

Hello Dodie63 and Canadagirl33,

Thank you both for your well-wishes for today. I could not ask for better results, so I am very pleased. Iexpect that day two and three may be worse than today due to the pain meds I was given, but I am feeling really great! Or maybe it was due to all of your well-wishes :-)

I totally understand that it is hard to please everyone, so you don't need to make any changes on my behalf. If you are considering a poll, I can make it any evening EXCEPT Tuesdays and Wednesday. If daytime is better, I can make it then too, but I understand that most folks work 9-5.

Thanks again for all of your support thus far. You are both very inspirational!

Cindy (mamaj)

Hey Shauna...I'm a False Creeker (Creekie?) and will be at the Lions Gate meeting tonight. Hope to see you & everyone else there!

Lyn

hi all,

haven't been here for a long time... it's been a tough year, family deaths, medication changes that made me put on over 20lbs, financial probs, and a car accident. i'm recovered enough physically to be ready to go back to the gym, and I realize that part of that means re-examining my eating in relation to the band. Before all this, I was a super slow loser, but I want to to find a way to make the band work for me. i figure coming here is a good start!

babe

I haven't been here forever either, just like you Babe. I was banded exactly 3 years ago and struggled. Lost 50 pounds right after the band. Now I am back losing weight, and am very happy. I started using this website called www.fitday.com where you enter all the calories you eat, etc. it is fantastic and in the last month I have lost 12.5 pounds without feeling deprived at all. I do believe that the band helps with this and it is really good. I have been on a plateau for so long, but now I am very happy that the weight comes off easy like this, about 2 pounds average a week which is the most healthy way.

The band does help as I think without it I would be very hungry. I wanted to come to meetings again and hopefully I will make it one of these days but this is a busy time of year but I will try.

Cheers,

Gerdi

I haven't been here forever either, just like you Babe. I was banded exactly 3 years ago and struggled. Lost 50 pounds right after the band. Now I am back losing weight, and am very happy. I started using this website called www.fitday.com where you enter all the calories you eat, etc. it is fantastic and in the last month I have lost 12.5 pounds without feeling deprived at all. I do believe that the band helps with this and it is really good. I have been on a plateau for so long, but now I am very happy that the weight comes off easy like this, about 2 pounds average a week which is the most healthy way.

The band does help as I think without it I would be very hungry. I wanted to come to meetings again and hopefully I will make it one of these days but this is a busy time of year but I will try.

Cheers,

Gerdi

Hi Gerdi, nice to see a familiar name!

I've been using fitday since my surgery - admittedly, i've been rather lax the last few months... trying to get back into the habit again. I went to see Dr. Arseneau last week, and he thinks my car accident might have affected the band. For the past few week my band has been super tight, to the point where i can hardly drink Water in the morning, to really loose where i can easily eat 2 or 3 cups of Pasta without thinking. I've got to go in for a barium swallow to check it out. He says I'll probably need to go on liquids for a couple weeks and get a complete unfill to let the band rest.

I'm so happy for you that fitday has helped you so much, way to go!!! I'm going to try and make it to this month's meeting too... time permitting : )

Babe

A short time ago, someone in Surrey contacted me about a support group. I have lost the contacts name and e mail and I have someone interested in attending your sessions. Anyone that attends the Surrey meetings please contact me.

no harm in taking a poll. I am not in a position to yay or nay, as I live just up the hill from Lions Gate.

Good luck.

Thursdays are even better for me! Dena

Just bringing this topic to top of page to renew it. New bandsters in Vancouver may be looking for our meetings.

Lions Gate Hospital - everyone welcome.

Way back in July last year I poked my head out on this board to say that I was thinking about lap band surgery. Nine months later I'm back. Since then I've forged ahead, and right now I'm on a four-week pre-op diet. I'm scheduled for surgery at the Maples Surgical Centre in Winnipeg on April 26, and then I'll get all my aftercare at False Creek.

So right now I'm in pre-op diet hell. The weekends are the toughest, but I'm hanging in there. My biggest challenges are weekends and when I'm on the road, and I've had a few successes in both areas, so I'm encouraged.

I'll poke my head back to see what's going on, and I was wondering what day the meeting at Lions Gate is now. I saw that there was some discussion about changing the date.

Bye for now, and have a good week, everyone!

JoanneD

We meet every 3rd Wednesday at the Lions Gate Hospital anytime after 6:30 pm. We did not change the date or time or place.

Contact canadagirl33@hotmail.com and ask to be put on her reminder list. Congratulations on your decision.

Hi Everyone :)

Bumping this topic up to the top because this week is our monthly meeting in North Vancouver. Everyone is welcome to attend whether you have a band or are just beginning to look into it. Talking to those of us already banded can be a great source of info. Our meetings are informal and generally a lot of fun.

We will meet at Lion's Gate hospital on Wednesday evening, any time after 6.30, conference room C.

If anyone has questions or needs more info please email me at canadagirl33@hotmail.com

Patricia

Hey Everyone,

It was great seeing so many people at last night's meeting! Anyways, as promised, here's the info at the Protein Powder I've been using:

Interactive Nutrition - Iso whey Protein (I get mine in Velvety vanilla, yummy and not gloopy, they have lots of flavours, but I haven't tried them)

1 Scoop has 130 Calories, O Fat, 1g Carbs, 31g Protein

I buy mine at a nutrition/supplement store on Davie St. right by the Fitness World between Howe and Granville. A small container is 20$ and the larger one is around 50$.

I usually have mine for breaky with frozen fruit, a scoop or two of benefiber and a bit of juice and Water all blended up.

Hope it helps you Barb (and hope you've managed to find us here!)

Babe

Yes, it was great having so much fun. I wish even more would come out. We may not have a formal meeting, but the face to face chat is so uplifting. I got some great advice about my coughing, etc. Have received word from my clinic to take a defill after the Easter break if I have not improved. The group helped me a lot.

I could not remember the name of my Protein Drink last night - LOL dementia at my age but I am using the same Protein drink. I use vanilla as I am able to add whatever flavor I like. Buying a flavored protein mix limits me.

Hope to see Canadagirl at the next meeting.

Congratulations Babe on your uplifting story. Your journey is special and I know that you are now on the right track. Keep on truckin'

Hi Babe,

I just read here that you are loosing weight again, what did you do to get it going again as I am on a plateau right now.

Any ideas would be great. I have lost 22 pounds with fitday since November, but need to keep going.

So any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Gerdi

Hey Everyone,

It was great seeing so many people at last night's meeting! Anyways, as promised, here's the info at the Protein Powder I've been using:

Interactive Nutrition - Iso whey Protein (I get mine in Velvety Vanilla, yummy and not gloopy, they have lots of flavours, but I haven't tried them)

1 Scoop has 130 Calories, O Fat, 1g Carbs, 31g Protein

I buy mine at a nutrition/supplement store on Davie St. right by the Fitness World between Howe and Granville. A small container is 20$ and the larger one is around 50$.

I usually have mine for breaky with frozen fruit, a scoop or two of benefiber and a bit of juice and Water all blended up.

Hope it helps you Barb (and hope you've managed to find us here!)

Babe