Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Do you DO!?!?!

Its Friday night you just had a really rough week and now your friends have summoned you to the bar and they aren’t exactly taking no for an answer. You arrive at the bar and you are definitely feelin yourself due to the fact that you just weighed yourself before stepping out... so What do you during at the bar? and Furthermore how much do you drink?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>:blush: :biggrin:</o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> :w00t:</o:p>

<o:p>:tt2: :thumbup:</o:p>

I go and enjoy a drink or two and relax!

This is lifestyle, not a life sentence. The trick is to learn to go to a bar, have a good night but not drink 10 drinks. Same with going out for dinner. By all means, go out, have a great meal, probably food that's more fattening than you usually eat but in moderation. It really doesnt affect weight loss in the long run, its what you do 80% of the time that matters.

But part of what I like to do when getting ready to go out is go for a run (either outside or on the treadmill). Gets the blood pumping, my skin looking good and makes up for a few calorie indiscretions in advance!

I think living life forever on a strict diet with a million rules and counting every single calorie for ever after is every bit as disordered as overeating.

Edited by Jachut

I'm glad my hard drinking days are behind me. They were fun, but WHEW! Glad they are over. I agree with the other posters; what I'd do (what worked for me when I was a younger, wilder woman) was I'd have a drink and then 2 "rounds" of Water. So I always had a "drink" (no empty glasses for this chickie) but it paced me. All the water also helps prevent a hangover.

Good luck! :biggrin:

No reason not to enjoy it. I would definitely go . . . only use a little moderation on your intake. You can still have a great time.

hmmmm.... maybe i wasint clear enough ... i more wanted to know ... Beer or the hard stuff. i love beer and i havent experimented yet... im not apposed to ordering some yac (cognac) every time i go or a any of the plethora of drinks that i enjoy... but i always liked those drinks beer brings be back to being the clueless kid freshman year.... the memories... anyway. so yea beer wine hard or other?

I'm a wine drinker personally.

Beer's OK, I might have one occasionally if its hot and we've been working in garden etc. Or if there's no wine in the fridge lol.

I dont ever touch spirits really. Maybe a drambui now and again but that's it.

Just watch out for the fizz.

My understanding that beer was a no no, just like pop because of the carbonation, which made me unhappy as I love a cold beer on a hot night. But if I can get along without pop, I can get along without beer.

its what you do 80% of the time that matters.

Well said! I've had a few OFF moments. I've still done great.

I don't like beer so I'm not tempted to drink it anyway, but I'd be scared of the bubbles in it. On the occasion that I drink, I drink vodka on the rocks without any mixers--it's the lowest calorie way to drink! Another good choice is a dry white wine. But be careful--for some reason it doesn't take much before you feel it!

Beer would be bad if you gulped, but sipped over an extended period of time probably won't hurt. I've had my second fill and I still drink (very slowly) carbonated beverages. I'll do a 12 oz can in a half hour. Sip, burp-burp-burp. Sip, burp-burp-burp.

Regardless of what you choose, it's up to you to moderate. Alcohol is emtpy calories and it goes down quickly. The more you drink, the more poor decisions you're apt to make. And since you're probably not going to be eating during this time (right?), the alcohol is going to affect you quickly.

Do you have a fried at the bar to help you stop or moderate?

Maybe try a beer at home first so you know if you can handle the fizz, if you can, then enjoy a couple out with your friends but drink them slowly just in case.

I try to always stick to no carbination since this is against the bandster rules. Vodka cranberry is good but if you can handle liquor straight, go for it. It's less calories than mixing it with surgery juices.

On Friday when I went to the bar, first thing I did was order coffee! I was pooped! I can hardly stay awake on Friday when I go out!

After my coffee I have a drink- this time a real one!

Vodka cranberry or a sweet martini like a cosmo or an appletini would be my choice now since I can't drink carbonation! I had a very delicious lemon drop last weekend!