Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down 51 lbs., took new photo...disappointed!

Although I realize that 51 lbs. in 5 3/4 months is decent weight loss, and despite the fact that I feel thinner, I finally took a "during" photo -- and can now see why my weight loss isn't apparent to others...because it actually isn't all that apparent. Yes, the spare tire is reduced substantially, but the rest of me doesn't seem to have caught up! I've dropped three sizes, but I guess when you're still fat, you're still fat, lol.

I've never posted any photos of myself before, but here are my "before" and "during" photos.

Very disappointing.

photostream

photostream

I cant see your pics.

But dont be disappointed, the less weight you have to lose, the more difference it makes appearance wise. I changed more in the last 30lb than in the first 70. Including losing anything resembling a bustline, lol.

I copied them to my Flickr account and inserted the url, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Is there any way for me to load them directly from my computer file?

CherylAnn....put your GLASSES on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I definitely can see a huge difference. You have developed a very nice shape. Keep at it, girl. You are on your way. Congrats!

Put on an outfit that fits, take a new pic and I bet you will see a diff. that shirt is wayy too big.

Cheryl, you look fabulous! I hope you've been taking measurements. You've lost in the middle, but your weight loss really shows up in your face. Your arms are more slender too, and I bet you've lost in your hiney. :-) Congratulations, and keep up the good work!!!

That's a HUGE difference!

We do need to be realistic though. I keep waiting for this supermodel body to emerge, but really, I'm just a smaller version of what I was before, with less lumps. Our basic shape/build doesnt change, but that's OK.

I bet you'll really notice it from hereon in becuase it doesnt look like you have heaps to lose anymore. So every little pound is very visible.

I notice a big difference in the pictures. Your stomach looks flat in the current pic and you face is slender. You look younger also. I guess we are our own worse critic because to me you look great! It gives me encouragement because my stomach is where I need to lose the most weight.

I guess what I find disappointing is not that I don;t look as if I've lost weight -- I do -- but that it sure doesn't look like 51 lbs.

But you guys are great; you really helped put this in perspective for me.

My shirts are still the old ones, which doesn't help. And yes, the idea that the next 51 lbs. will be the ones that really show makes a lot of sense to me now, because the last time I experienced substantial weight loss was after the birth of my second child, when I went from 223 lbs. at his birth, down to 195 lbs. afterward...and then dropped down to 147/148 or so in the next year -- and the difference was staggering.

Again, thanks so much -- and I hope that in a few months from now, I'll be posting a photo that shows just that.

Yep, I can absolutely see it!! I was told years ago that when we lose weight we lose it evenly, as in 1% of everything, so the shape shrinks but its still the same shape, if you get what I mean. That's why often, we can't see our own weight loss when others can.

Time to get some new clothes. Get your hair done, some make up and go out! Then all those people will notice you've lost weight.

Love your TARDIS btw.

OH PLEASE!!! It is obvious! No, you don't look like Twiggy but there is a big difference. And --- I agree, go buy some clothes that FIT! :-) Just a few cause you're still losing :-) Congratulations and sometimes others can see what you can't ...:wub:

I don't know WHY you don't see 51lbs gone, but I SURE DO!!!

YOU LOOK FAB:w00t:!!!! Seriously!!! Keep up the fantastic work!!! I can't wait until I can't see MY 51lb loss:wink_smile:

I think your weight loss is obvious. Your shirt just hangs on you in your during picture. I think everyone is right, you look great! 51 pounds is nothing to sneeze at (even if you can't see it yourself). Keep up the good work!