Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some advice, please...

I had my surgery on the 25th of June and my first fill on about August 7th. He put 4cc's in a 10cc band. I definitely notice a big difference in what I can eat now compared to before the fill. I went in 2 weeks ago for a 2nd fill and I was down like 10 lbs from my post op, about a month before. Well, he told me that was great and that's where he'd like me to be - losing 2-3 lbs a week. FINE. I get it. Slow and steady and all that stuff. So he didn't fill me. Well, I've lost about 4 bls since then (about 2 weeks ago) but still feel like I can eat way more than I should be able to. I called and made an appt for this Tuesday to see if he'll give me a fill. But I'm just wondering if I'm doing the right thing......Maybe I really don't need this fill. But being able to eat more than I should makes it easy to eat stuff I shouldn't. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.....Thank you in advance :wink_smile::teeth_smile:

I had the exact same situation. I went in for my first fill and the Dr. wouldn't do it because I was losing without it. I went to my next appointment and explained that I needed the fill and that I had no restriction and he gave it to me. Just explain it to your doctor and I'm sure it will be ok. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is. :teeth_smile:

Thanks for that.....I'm just feeling like, I don't know. I'm sure 2-3 lbs a week is best, healthiest and will help with excess skin in the long run, but like I said before, I just feel like I can eat more than I should be able to. I joined Curves, but I am looking for time to go. I work from 9am-2pm. Perfect when it comes to dropping off and picking up my 4 kids from school, but doesn't leave much time. I think they're open on Saturdays. I should start going then or before they close. I think I'm going to have to literally put it in my calendar and make tie to go. Still hoping I get this fill, though.

I understand. I can eat anything in small portions. I am losing 1-2 a week so I wonder if I should even get another fill. I can't help thinking though that if I had good restriction just think how much I would be losing! I too have a hard time fitting in exercise with a full time job and 3 kids. I bought a bike and have been doing that plus aerobics tapes. Good luck to you, I know how hard it is, but we can get through it! :teeth_smile:

My doctor also guages fills by how hungry you are between meals. Once he found out I was snacking, I got my next fill, no problem.

I had my surgery on the 25th of June and my first fill on about August 7th. He put 4cc's in a 10cc band. I definitely notice a big difference in what I can eat now compared to before the fill. I went in 2 weeks ago for a 2nd fill and I was down like 10 lbs from my post op, about a month before. Well, he told me that was great and that's where he'd like me to be - losing 2-3 lbs a week. FINE. I get it. Slow and steady and all that stuff. So he didn't fill me. Well, I've lost about 4 bls since then (about 2 weeks ago) but still feel like I can eat way more than I should be able to. I called and made an appt for this Tuesday to see if he'll give me a fill. But I'm just wondering if I'm doing the right thing......Maybe I really don't need this fill. But being able to eat more than I should makes it easy to eat stuff I shouldn't. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.....Thank you in advance :wink_smile::teeth_smile:

I was he same way until I got onto the treadmill and things are moving a lot faster. I am losing 3-4lbs. a week. on the treadmill for 45-60 minutes each day taking Sundays off.

I understand. I can eat anything in small portions. I am losing 1-2 a week so I wonder if I should even get another fill. I can't help thinking though that if I had good restriction just think how much I would be losing! I too have a hard time fitting in exercise with a full time job and 3 kids. I bought a bike and have been doing that plus aerobics tapes. Good luck to you, I know how hard it is, but we can get through it! :teeth_smile:

I can relate. I have two kids, and I run my own advertising firm. I fit in the exercise because I have to. So i can totally relate.

We really are all different! Honestly if I were losing 2-3 pounds a week and eating like you describe, then as long as I wasn't ravenous between meals (and you don't say you are) that sounds like heaven to me....a perfect mix of restraint and indulgence! I hope to be able to eat anything, just smaller portions than before. I plan to make healthy choices, but if I can eat more than 2 green Beans and 1 bite of baked chicken, well, GO me! :teeth_smile:

Only you know what works best for you, though, not your doc or we other bandsters. You've gotten some good tips so if you want a fill, you should be able to convince your surgeon to do it for you. He just doesn't want you to be so restricted the only things you can eat are "slider" foods (I guess...actually don't have a clue what he wants but that sounds logical LOL)

Good luck. You're doing great already, to my thinking, so I'm sure whatever you decide will be the right thing for you!

Wow, Restless Monkey, you are absolutely right! I am definitely consistently losing at least 2 lbs a week. Some weeks it's been 3. I'm sure once I get started on Curves, that will really get my metabolism going. I think I was getting in to that "quick fix" mode. I truly appreciate what you had to say. I'm not gaining OR standing still. I need to hear (in this case SEE :teeth_smile: ) those exact words, cuz I think I knew that all along. Like I said QUICK FIX mentality getting the better of me.

I have a regular appointment on the 21st of October. I think I will just hold out until then and see how it goes.

Thank you, EVERYONE, for your kind words and responses. I knew there was a reason I love this board!

God Bless!

Andrea

Andrea, be sure and let me know how it goes, ok? People like you are my role models (not to make you nervous or anything LOL just being honest) so I'll be interested to see how you handle it. I think you are really working the band and it is working for you! :teeth_smile: