Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st Fill Last Week

Hi Guys,

I was banded on 12/08/08 and I had my first fill the other day of 4ml in a 10ml band.

Before the fill, I was just eating normal meals as it didnt even feel like I had surgery, I was taking it easy of course, but I had a feeling of no restriction what so ever.

I had the fill done and it's pretty much the same. The only time I have a feeling of restriction, or more of a stuck feeling was once when I didnt chew properly. Then I realised and chewed more and more and I didn't have that feeling again. Im not feeling full? Is it just that I need another fill?

Very confused?

You will likely need a few to hit the sweet spot. Trying to do it all at once is impossible since everyone is differnent and each fill causes irritation to the pouch.

Didn't your doc explain this?

I felt restriction after my second fill. I had 3.6 then on the next one added 2.4. I do feel restriction and I have found that I must eat slower and smaller bites or else. I can go longer without being hungry. That's not to say I don't see something and want to eat it, but I ask myself am I really hungry or just mindless eating. Rarely am I actually hungry.

HI,

I had band surgery (10cc's)on 8/29/08 and I had my first fill this week on 9/23/08. I only received 2cc's and I feel nothing as well. I called back because I didn't want to wait for another 4-6 weeks going like this so I was told that I can come back on Monday 9/29 and they will give me a additional fill to get me through to the next one. So I am hoping that when I go in I will receive at least another 2cc's to see if that makes a difference. I know this will done in more than one appointment but I still want to be able to fill some type of restriction. :tongue2:

Banded: August 29, 2008

Doctor: Paul Guske - Kane Center

You just need another fill or maybe more to get to a decent restriction level. Schedule another appointment to get in as soon as you can. Having decent restriction makes all of the difference in the world. Good luck.

Hi Guys,

I was banded on 12/08/08 and I had my first fill the other day of 4ml in a 10ml band.

Before the fill, I was just eating normal meals as it didnt even feel like I had surgery, I was taking it easy of course, but I had a feeling of no restriction what so ever.

I had the fill done and it's pretty much the same. The only time I have a feeling of restriction, or more of a stuck feeling was once when I didnt chew properly. Then I realised and chewed more and more and I didn't have that feeling again. Im not feeling full? Is it just that I need another fill?

Very confused?

Ange when were you banded?

Ange when were you banded?

I was banded on the 12th August and had a fill last week.

I have already booked another appointment to see my doctor, but unfortunately I cant see him for another 4 weeks because he is away on a conference in Argentina.

You will likely need a few to hit the sweet spot. Trying to do it all at once is impossible since everyone is differnent and each fill causes irritation to the pouch.

Didn't your doc explain this?

Yeah he did explain everything. I was just a little worried that 4ml made absoultely no difference.

Good Luck Ange, and hang in there. I was banded on Sept.8th and I have my first fill on Oct. 8th and I am just reading information on this message board to be sure I know what to expect. I have taken the classes that my doc required on Nutrition but I don't know much info about fills and cc's so thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Good Luck!

Hi, I was banded on May 13th also by Dr. Guske. I didn't feel restriction until the 4th fill. Unfornatively, I got overfilled and couldn't even swollow my own saliva. Not Good, I got 3 cc removed the next day and had to start over again. After that they have only filled 1cc at a time. I am now at 5cc. and feel pretty good restriction for now. Dr. Guske told me that the sweet spot is about 6 cc on average with the standard 10cc lap band. I am real close. I have had a very slow start because I did wait the 6-8 week between fills. I now call for a fill if I am able to eat too much. Pre opt I lost 28 pounds. Since being banded I am down an addition 20. Good Luck, Diane