Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

OMG my daughter started crawling, and I've suddenly lost every second of free time! We frantically baby-proofed earlier this week, but she is also pulling up on everything too. I feel like I can't leave her alone for two seconds unless she's in her exersaucer. Crazy times.

Lisa -- I worry about my snacking too. I recently had a gastroscopy, so I know for sure my esophagus isn't dilated at this time, BUT things were not pretty down there. I had some cell changes that are indicative of reflux or more likely... pouch packing. I know I eat too much most of the time, especially with having my band unfilled. It's so frustrating.

Well, I have a fill again - Yay! Now I just have to re-lose that last 10lbs.

Hi everyone. I'm still hanging in there...need to get on the scale this morning and I've not been watching what I've been eating.. last week was the first time since banding that I avoided the scale. Not going to let myself do that again this week.

I walked this morning but I'm so sporadic...I wish I could be more consistent..in all things.

Juno...funny, some times I think you just had your baby. I'm sure you don't feel that way!

What is up with the rest of you?

Juno...funny, some times I think you just had your baby. I'm sure you don't feel that way!

That is hilarious! It is hard to believe it's been 8 months though. Time flies, that's for sure.

Of course, it also reminds me that I've made hardly any progress in almost another year. :blush::blush:

I feel that there has been a lack of progress as well. But then I have to remind myself that it can't always be about weight. I have way way more physically fit. I can on any of my horses now without a ladder! I feel better. I have a more rompin sex life!! I get compliments. I like to shop for clothes.

I (WE) have to try to not get too discouraged over the numbers. I'm not happy that this 10 pounds is back and I'm not motivated to lose it. Well, not consistently anyway. But this seems to be a good week!!

I've logged 8.5 miles in two days, walking. That feels good.

Promised myself I'd check in more often and just haven't had the time! We're farmers and getting crops in has been a 15-16 hours a day thing for about 10 days now. Then in the middle of it there was a death in the family.....with everything that's been going on, not having any fill, the death, crops and ball games for my 3 boys I haven't exactly been watching anything I've eaten at all. Then, when I got home from the funeral today the surgeon had called to inform me that my insurance no longer covers bariatric anything! This is the same insurance that actually paid for the surgery to begin with!! Guess my husbands policy changed and we didn't think to check on it the bariatric part of it. So I'm guessing that the upper GI that they did to determine the esophagus was dilated wasn't covered. Oh, well, on the brighter side of things, they did cover the surgery so I shouldn't be complaining!

Have any of you figured out yet why you over ate to begin with. I'm trying to figure out how to make the most out of my band when they start putting the fills back in . I don't want to screw this up again! Are there any books you've found that relate just to lap-band surgeries that you would recommend? I found the one about Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies but it was about gastric bypass too and not sure if the two food plans are the same.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to start exercising again.....maybe that will get my head in the right direction.

Juno.....enjoy your baby and all the extra exercise you'll get chasing her (I think I read it was a girl?!?) We were looking back at videos of our boys the other day. The oldest one was almost 5 when the twins started walking.....the house was actually cleaner when they were that age! Seems like the older they get the more messes they make. But still wouldn't trade my 9 year old twins and my 13 (will be 14 years old in a couple of weeks) for nothing in the world!!!

Sula -- way to focus on the positive! It's so easy to get caught up in the numbers. Here, I've been down in the dumps lately, because I gained almost 12 lbs back when I got my unfill. During the past week, three people have asked me if I lost more weight. Strange, but I'll take the compliment!

Yesterday I was really feeling bad, really tired, and just grumpy. I even sent the baby to daycare today so I could have a day to myself. I visited an old weight loss coaching site (this guy helped with my only successful weight loss besides surgery), and I felt compelled to poke around the site, do some reading, and... go to the gym. Yep, I decided the only thing to do was go throw some weight around. I won't say it's an instant cure for my downer of a mood, but I do feel better. And at least I can't be down on myself for not exercising. For now, I have a new 5 week goal to be back to 228 by July 1. I know I can blow it out of the Water if I really want to.

Hi eveyone

I've been dealing with pretty much the same stuff. Can't get my butt to the gym, overeating, not going on the scale like I usually do every morning (I'm scared of what I'll see). I did do those 9 free sessions and then tried to move on to my own gym and that's where I got stuck. Motivation did not last for long without a personal trainer.

I'm thinking of getting a trainer to come to the house a few times because I can't no go to my house LOL, that would be really lazy LOL. I've put back some weight too.

Why is this band thing so hard. I thought this was going to be like a "miracle" and the weight would just fly opff.

Hope your doing okay with the unfil. Hang in there

Caryn

Why is this band thing so hard. I thought this was going to be like a "miracle" and the weight would just fly opff.

Caryn -- I catch myself feeling the same way. I really thought it was going to be a little easier. So far, the only time it's come off easy is when I'm too tight and only drinking liquids -- not good! What the band is really doing is making me face and work on all my food issues in my head!

June,

didn't you think it was going to be easier. I loose weight the same way as you. Not being able to eat because of too much restriction, what a life. But I do have to admit I'm lazy and don't like to cook the right things to eat. Tonight I had ice cream again. I still have a pint in the frezer and it's calling my name. I think that "if I eat it all up then I'll start over the next day" sound familiar LOL

Seriously, I never imagined I was still going to struggle this much. But, I would still do it over again in a heartbeat. My blood pressure is better, no more heartburn, etc. I am getting frustrated with my restriction levels though. It seems like I can never keep it at a good spot for long enough to make anything happen. I told my husband that if I get too tight again, I'm going to suffer through it and lose another 30lbs even if I have to live on slimfast and soup!

I think we would all do it again in a second. Even though it hasn't been as easy as we were hoping, it's still been easier than doing it by myself! Has anyone figured out why they overeat? If you have could you let me in on how you figured it out!?!?!? Now that I don't have any fill (they start putting it back on on July 6), it's hard to stay focused on eating bandster style. Beleive it or not, my stomach is growling all the time. Makes me think that I don't remember my stomach growling very often when there was a fill. So if it wasn't growling, why was I eating? My Dad says it's just a habit and my mind is telling my stomach it's hungry.......wish my mind would shut up!

Juno, How did the visit with the trainer go? Did it end up getting you motivated?? If so then I need to borrow him for a few weeks!

Hey all - just checking in, I've been out of town and just got back.

I too am struggling in the exercise department, I laid out my clothes this morning, set the alarm to get up and head to the gym, alarm went off and snooze, and off again, and I hit snooze again, needless to say, never made it to the gym this morning. grrrrrr.

I am eating good, the scale dropped down to 159 on Thursday, but it is up to 161 today.

I never imagined it was going to be this hard either. But like you said, I would do it again in a heartbeat. The one thing I love is I might gain a few pounds, even 10, however, I am not gaining the 50 - In the past, I would lose weight, then gain 50 pounds in 2 months. Anyhow, it feels good to be in control!

Why I overeat...I was on a site here about a year, maybe a year and a half ago...they were talking about "emotional" eating. I've thought and thought...well, if I have any emotion, I eat. So that didn't make sense. But then one lady mentioned entitlement-- As in I reward myself with food. And the more I thought about it, I thought that it is. That is me. I feel that I've worked so hard I deserve... My DH eats that, I should too. I walked so far, I can eat....

Then someone said, why don't we feel we deserve good health? Or time to workout? Or just reward ourselves with time...to do self care. And that really struck a cord with me. My DH will go walking when the house is a disaster..I can't. He can put aside the must do, or should do and do his fun stuff. I really struggle with that.

When I realized I have an entitlement issue (only surrounding eating) I say to myself that I deserve an hour to walk. I deserved..whatever. I've been better, NO PERFECT by any means about giving myself time to take care of myself.

So, the question is why hasn't my weight come down? Well, in reality, it has some. Just not bunches. But I still think I've been successful.

Now, other stuff...yes, I thought this would be easier..but then I remember that most lapbanders only lose 60% of their weight this way. And that is smack dab where I'm at..60%. So, I keep telling myself that last 40% is going to come off the old fashioned way...hard work and minding my eating. Which I'm marginal at!! HA

But I like the comments here and the activity. Lets keep it up! ME too.

No trainer for me... was it someone else who mentioned that? I only wish I could afford one! No matter, I've been kicking my own arse in the gym the last few days. Tomorrow is my official weigh day, and I hope to be at 233. I've set myself a 5 week goal to be at 228 -- so that's a little over 1lb per week.

Did I tell you guys I'm hoping to get pregnant again this summer? I can't remember what I typed three posts ago, LOL! Anyway, I am doing my best to build up my exercise routine, so that when I actually get pregnant, I can continue. Last time, I mostly sat on my butt for 9 months. Not this time!

Hello everyone, how the heck are you guys doing?

Juno - I know what you mean, the trainer is very expensive. I would like to get me a personal trainer, but its not in my budget right now either.

I brought my exercise clothes to work with me and I'm headed to the gym at lunch to work out.

On a good note, I dropped out of the 160's and was weighing in at 159 this morning! Yay.