Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sexism Rules!

Guest Leslie2Lose

LOL at Glou - I'd drop the frozen TV dinner in his lap on my way out the door to get my OWN dinner... :lol:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay Ebony - is it just me or do I now need a magnifying glass to read your post...sorry honey!

Okay Ebony - is it just me or do I now need a magnifying glass to read your post...sorry honey!

That's funny because everyone's posts are looking HUGE on my computer. Must be something going on.

Leslie, scoot over, I need to share the magnifying glass----I miss the larger font! I changed my font and give it color, was all happy, then the size went down, and no one could read it----so just took it back to original!!!!

Wonder why Carrie gets it big? No Fair!!! LOL!!!

Kat

That's not called "sexism". It's called "motive".

Great retort, Glou!!! :crying: Hey Plain - give me your wife's phone number. After she kills ya, she can come hide out in my basement!

Leslie - doesn't it also matter who it is that's making the comment? Certain men can say almost anything in front of me and I couldn't care but there are just certain men that are just creepy (actually, no, not Plain). Last summer, they loosened the dress standards to let women wear sandals to work. This former co-worker who was one of those men that would look you up and down, looked at my feet and asked where my sandals were. Skeeved me out big time. Thank gawd he left. Creepy.

Edited by SickNTired

'Morning All :thumbup:

Leslie - your eyes were NOT fooling you - the font went from the one I chose in my profile to something much smaller, and then I couldn't change it back on my profile :)

Finally figured out that I have to set the font face and size when I CREATE the post instead of after, and it doesn't seem to be set in my profile any more...:frown:

Just means I have to pay a little closer attention when I get on one of my rants...:tt2:

I can't wait until I get compliments like that! Yay for the band! You go girl!

Posts are normal default size for me. =/ But black...:|

Certain men can say almost anything in front of me and I couldn't care but there are just certain men that are just creepy

Wow, so a handsome dude gets away with saying more? Shocking! Heehee...

Actually no, it's a vibe.

For example, there are 2 black guys at work that, b/c they both shave their heads and are more muscular, get confused for the other.

When the better looking one opens his mouth and you immediately get the "do I need to call HR" creepy vibe whereas the one that's less attractive (tho not fugly) opens his mouth and he is very funny and not creepy which makes him more attractive. Make sense??

Actually no, it's a vibe.

For example, there are 2 black guys at work that, b/c they both shave their heads and are more muscular, get confused for the other.

When the better looking one opens his mouth and you immediately get the "do I need to call HR" creepy vibe whereas the one that's less attractive (tho not fugly) opens his mouth and he is very funny and not creepy which makes him more attractive. Make sense??

Ah, quit being such a chick...... (what'd you expect? This is a thread on sexism)

Great story Leslie!

A similar thing happened to me Friday last week. At my work on Fridays we have "casual day" which means we can wear jeans and less dressing stuff if we are staying in the office and don't have to met with clients. I was wearing a pair of tight black skinny jeans, a black tank top with a floaty sort of top over it and really high black stilettos. I felt pretty hot if I do say so myself..... by the way it was only the end of my 4th week working there.

Later in the afternoon a few of us were talking about what we were doing on the weekend etc etc and a man who reminds me A LOT of my Dad (in his mannerisms not looks) said in general conversation to me "Oh and I really like your outfit today". I thought it was sweet, not creepy at all and said thank you. Hey, even men close to 60 have a heart beat and eyes, they're allowed to look right? I was flattered!!

Whats the point of being all PC and stuffy I say? We should all live a little and loosen up! Life'll be a lot more enjoyable that way! Good on you Leslie for letting it be something positive!!

Hey, even men close to 60 have a heart beat and eyes, they're allowed to look right?

Whats the point of being all PC and stuffy I say? We should all live a little and loosen up! Life'll be a lot more enjoyable that way! Good on you Leslie for letting it be something positive!!

Oh She, I got such a chuckle out of this! DH is in his 60's, and yes, he has a beating heart, and a healthy libido! Good thing, 'cause I'm in my 50's and still rarin' to go!

Wow, so a handsome dude gets away with saying more? Shocking! Heehee...

And Plain, as with food, presentation is everything! It isn't the words, it is how the words are said.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh Sick...LOL Fugly...I was rolling laughing at your phrasing.

I haven't heard that word in a long time. Plain - shut up, no comments from you :-)...I was never fugly (love ya babe!).

She - I know what you mean - LOL Although to be honest, if I weren't married, I'd definatley jump Sean Connery - that is one sexy man...he is older than dirt...but sexy as hell. Oh and the other guy - you know Sam (I can't remember his last name). He's in a lot of westerns (Tombstone) and also in Roadhouse.

Edited by Leslie2Lose