Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I fell and I can't get up...

I am soooooooooo depressed today I got on the scale and it said I gained 5lbs. I am so mad at my self. I am only 3 months out and I have not lost any weight and then I gain????? I don't even want to go to my fill this thursday scared of what the doctor will think of me. FAILURE is the only thing I can think of!!! All I do all day is think of what I am going to eat, how much is too much, and if it will make me full so I won't struggle with that hunger feeling. I'ts like I ask how do you all do it, go from eating what you want, then have the band and all of a SUDDEN YOU CAN push yourself from the table and have that WILL POWER?!?!?!??!?! I can't do it. I have ZERO restriction of course, so therefore thinking I can't do this.

To top it all off I call my hubby and I tell him I feel bloated (havent' had my cycle at all this month) and that I gained weight and he tells me well you have been eating alot like before that sent me into tears and crying and thinking what the heck do I have to do??????

Listen, it's NOT you who is failing this, right now it's your band. EVERYONE goes through this girl! You are in bandster hell. And quit knocking yourself in the head blaming yourself. You are essentially in the same position right now as before your surgery. You couldn't lose the weight alone then, and your probably won't do it right now. Your band is lose, you are hungry, you have no restriction, same as 3 months ago. Until you get to that "magic" fill level, it's hard. Many people don't lose, some gain. It sucks I know.

Schedule your appt for a fill. If you still feel the same in 2 weeks, schedule another. BE AGGRESSIVE! You paid for this, demand what you want to get the results your entitled to.

You WILL get there. When your band isn't tight, it's like not even having the surgery. Get to that ideal level, and then it will be 75% easier to do the things your suppose to. Eat Breakfast, lunch, dinner. No Snacks, no drinking 1 hour after meals, cut carbs, bread, Pasta, rice, focus on Proteins. (meat, eggs, cheese, Carbmaster yogart is great, Protein shake with a fruit mixed in for Breakfast, HUGE tossed salad with raw veggies for lunch) YOu can do this, you will do this, but get over this ridiculous feeling of failure. Welcome to BANDSTER HELL sis! I just got out of there this weekend. I had a tight fill, and now I'm back on track. You'll get there too, but learn to be demanding.

I don't even want to go to my fill this thursday scared of what the doctor will think of me. FAILURE

Silly Silly Silly, get your fill and if you get good restriction they you wont be hungry, and the tool will now be working for ya!!!

And if no this fill then maybe next, dont worry you will get there.

Thank you everyone! Lori a special thanks to you!!!!!

Any menu ideas that may fill one up even in bandster hell???

I am soooooooooo depressed today I got on the scale and it said I gained 5lbs. I am so mad at my self. I am only 3 months out and I have not lost any weight and then I gain????? I don't even want to go to my fill this thursday scared of what the doctor will think of me. FAILURE is the only thing I can think of!!! All I do all day is think of what I am going to eat, how much is too much, and if it will make me full so I won't struggle with that hunger feeling. I'ts like I ask how do you all do it, go from eating what you want, then have the band and all of a SUDDEN YOU CAN push yourself from the table and have that WILL POWER?!?!?!??!?! I can't do it. I have ZERO restriction of course, so therefore thinking I can't do this.

Don't beat yourself up over this. I was banded on July 9 and before my first fill I had lost weight. Since that first fill (which was last month) I was hungry all the time and eating way more than I should have been. I was afraid to go to the doctor as well, thinking, well, if I just lose a little of the weight I put back on (5 lbs.) then I can go in for my fill. I finally told myself, if I could have done this on my own, I wouldn't have been banded in the first place. I called the doctor on Thursday and went in for another fill today. I was afraid the doctor would be mad, but he wasn't. Everyone I spoke with today (the two nurses and the doctor) were all very understanding. This happens, especially so soon after surgery. They all explained that it can take up to a year of adjustments before you find the sweet spot and definitely call to get an appointment for a fill when you are feeling that constant hunger. Good luck!

Oh, please don't beat yourself up like this. I have learned a lot in the past 6 months. Everyone slips up and although yours is more than a slip, you can recover! I don't know when you were banded, but I know that I used to obsess over what I ate, but after time (and not eating a whole lot), I don't care about eating.

You simply need a fill, girl!!! This is why we got this band!!!... we can't diet by ourselves!!!... this is the reason we have the band! All you need is to fill 'er up!

As for your husband, if you're anythin g like me, you're sensative about your weight. You can't expect him to walk on eggshells around you (its going to make you both unhappy).

Everyone loses weight at different rates. You won't be able to do it without a fill, just like the rest of us!

Whatever the result, you know we are here for you. Please please please don't give up.

And by the way, what so you care what other people think? It's YOUR journey, not theirs. So you stepped off the path for a moment... the fill is your map back to happiness.

Hi.....I can imagine how discouraged u must be.....May I ask u a question?....Do u exercise? I am the type that no matter HOW MUCH I cut back, the weight just ain't gonna go NOWHERE unless I work my Tushy off!!LOL! The best thing I have done lately is that I purchased a bike...not a "KMART' or Walmart Bike but a Bike shop Bike...believe me there is a difference in the ride.....I had truied to bike a few miles on my WLAMART Special and it killed me...Those same miles are sooo easy and actually FUN on the bike I got....ues, it cost me money I really did not have but my life is important so i sacrificed in other things ot get it...I personally got a DAHON and I layed it away until ti was paid for....the best thing I have done...also, maybe u could invest in a gym membership...I feel soooo much better since I strted swimming and biking and I even took a Spin class yesterday! believe me, if u are just walking now, pick up a few more things and see what results u get! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Any menu ideas that may fill one up even in bandster hell???

Eat your solid Proteins first ( Tunafish salad on wasa bread, chicken salad on romaine lettuce rolled up, get a roasted chicken breast warm from the deli and pick it off of the bone while its hot and use it over a few days on a nice big salad.) Supplement all meals with alot of vegetables (salads, sliced cucumbers, frozen vegetable servings.) I have treats of rice krispy bars, sugar free puddings, skinny cows no more than 1 aday. Drink your water!!!! And don't forget exercise,exercise, exercise!!!!!

So get your fill and get busy!!!!! Log your food and exercise on Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate. You can do this!!!!