Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Call Roto Rooter I'm stuck!!

Try following the three golden rules and see if that helps.

Smaller bites

chew to liquid before you swallow (even mashed potatoe's)

Don't be stressed out or anxious before you eat, this will cause your band to tighten up.

See if that helps, if not contact your surgeon until you get your fill right.

Let me know if that helps.

I know the most productive fill I had was May 29th and it was really tight. I called my doctor and he said to go back to liquid forms of Protein and really try to stick it out. He said as long as you can swallow liquids and protein in liquid form, then you will get the nutrition you need. I know what you mean by being able to eat whatever you want, because that is how I determine when I need a fill. That started with me about a month ago. Stay strong!

Maybe that is what I shold do, I feel if I get loosened again then I will again be able to eat what I want and not get restriction. I always have the toughest time with Protein, even very wet stuff has trouble for me and causes so much pain it makes me vomit, because no matter how much I chew it will never be truely liquified. I do well with vegetables though. Maybe I'll stick with Protein Shakes and salad.< /p>

coach, i had my last fill in may. i was banded in oct2007. i have lost 50 pds. ever since may i have not lost a single pound. i still exercise 4x week and my band is tight enough. do you think i have hit my plateau? if so , do you have any advice as to how i can break through. this is very frustrating. i have 55 more pounds to go.

Thanks Cher for the hints! I think the 3 rules are great to remind all of us. I have only had one fill and have to really remind myself to eat slowly and take small bites.

thanks

susan

hey all !!!

im soo glad that there is a formum up for the lap-band!

its such a lifestyle change, and sometimes not the easiest thing to live with.

i have had mine for just over 2 years and lost 52kgs, in melbourne, Australia i was one of the youngest to have it (17) .

i some how have fallen into the trap of only eating liquids and Soups for dinner, and my breaksfast and lunch includes Up and Go and coffees- i know that this is really not good for me- but will always find and ecxuse......old habits dont die hard.lol

:tt1:

thanks guys

michelina

Hi all!

I need a little advice and I am hoping you all can help. I was banded in March of 07. I lost 87 pounds by the time a year rolled around. Since then I have gained 10 pounds back and will loose 2 pounds then gain them back too.

I had another fill done in June of 08 and I did not drop weight. I feel I am stuck and doing the wrong thing. First I was riding a bike often and due to my schedule have not been able to ride as often as I use to. I have developed cravings for sweets something I have never had. Fried foods were my weakness. Sometimes all that will go down are sweets. Why now after a year. I do not want to gain it back. I am thinking of going in for another fill. I am Phoenix now and fill centers USA is near. I was doing so well and was only 30 pounds away from my goal. Now I am scared of the scale again. At one point I loved getting on it, because my weight was dropping steadily. Any ideas to help me get back on track?

Hey Laphappy,

It does sound like you have hit a plateau. Try changing up your exercise routine, our bodies get used to what we are doing and they go into stall mode. Also try up'ing your Protein to see if that gets the scale moving again. Sometimes we have to shock our systems to get things moving again.

Let me know if this helps and how your doing!!

Edited by CoachCher

EvnlyAnne,

It might the size of bite you are taking that is causing you not to chew to liquid form. Don't think you can just drink Protein drinks and eat veggies and you are good to go. We need the solid Protein it's so important for our bodies. If you are chewing and taking smaller bites and still find yourself throwing up; you could be too tight. Contact your surgeon to discuss what is going on with you.

Let me know how you're doing.

Hi Gina,

I don't know why it is but it seems when we experience a great amount of weight loss we subconsciously start reverting back to old habits. Something is blocking you from moving forward. For now try going back to the basics and doing what you did to lose the 87 pounds.

Don't be so quick to think you need another fill, you have to try the basics first then if that doesn't work try another fill. I hear this all time "If I get a fill everything will be right in the world and the scale will magicly start moving again". This is not the case, if you are eating processed foods, sweets, and other crap foods it doesn't matter how adjusted you are these foods will slide right through the band.

Try these tips first and let me know if this works.

Hi all!

I need a little advice and I am hoping you all can help. I was banded in March of 07. I lost 87 pounds by the time a year rolled around. Since then I have gained 10 pounds back and will loose 2 pounds then gain them back too.

I had another fill done in June of 08 and I did not drop weight. I feel I am stuck and doing the wrong thing. First I was riding a bike often and due to my schedule have not been able to ride as often as I use to. I have developed cravings for sweets something I have never had. Fried foods were my weakness. Sometimes all that will go down are sweets. Why now after a year. I do not want to gain it back. I am thinking of going in for another fill. I am Phoenix now and fill centers USA is near. I was doing so well and was only 30 pounds away from my goal. Now I am scared of the scale again. At one point I loved getting on it, because my weight was dropping steadily. Any ideas to help me get back on track?

We're on the same track. Had the fill the same time you did, and I'm having the same problems. I've gotten another fill and I'm struggleing, but I'm not going to get fat again!! I think it has to do with realizing that the Lapband can't do it by itself...darn it!!! Keep on trying!

Why is it that food gets stuck but junk food goes down really smooth? I am serious - if i eat junk it never gets stuck, but when I eat good food it gets stuck even when i chew to liquid form. Why, why, why!!!!!!!

Because the food is more processed. The more processed the food the easier it is to eat. That's why they are considered "Band Friendly" foods but not waist reducing friendly foods.

Try to avoid processed foods and eat foods with more density.

For me it took a month to figure out that the 'next bite' would be to much. It was almost as if I was testing myself. Can you do it? I learned that the stuck and PB'ing feeling is soooo not worth that extra bite. There is definetly a learning curve involved with restriction. Is it common that people have to 'figure it out'?