Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have never heard of this before......

Ok, FREAKING out here,

I am 5 months post op. Everything going smoothly. Not really losing, but its my fault I have been eating fast food etc. I know how to get back on track, that is not what this post is about. This is hard to explain but, I am having a twitching either at the top of my stomach muscle or bottom of my chest?????? Its like when your eye twitches involuntary. There's no time or situation that it happens, empty or full, morning or nite, just a lot lately. At first it scared me like maybe a heart murmur or something, but I dont think that is it. Theres no pain involved. Anyone EVER heard of such a thing?????

suggestions????

Gas, it's moving through your band, or back up from your stomach. It makes twitching, bubbling, gurgling feelings. Does that sound like a possibility?

I'm not banded yet, but that sounds just like when I am having acid reflux issues. I thought I was having heart issues when I first started having these symptoms (and it is a bit disarming!) but found out thats all it was. Have you contacted your PCP or surgeon to get it checked out?

It all just started today, but its definately a muscle twitching. I dont think its gas and I am going to call dr. tomorrow. Its the same exact feeling as when your eye or leg or arm starts twitching involuntary. but its right between my breasts about 1-1.5 inches down.

I think is it the french fries waving at your band as they go by...fast food....just kidding but you admitted it so I had to tease you about it. It took me 6 months to quit trying to go through a drive thru...my 3rd fill did the trick. It is air/gas...possibly...but another thing that sometimes happens after banding is a esophigeal spasms...not usually until a person has been banded for quite a while and not dangerous...just feels funny...sometimes you can see it under fluoro...if it doesn't stop then ask your surgeon and get a swallow under fluoro that should tell for sure...

Hi,

i was going to say esophageal spasms as well. I had those the first two wks post op. Felt like astrong twitching mid chest area. Went away on its own.

I think is it the french fries waving at your band as they go by...fast food....just kidding but you admitted it so I had to tease you about it. It took me 6 months to quit trying to go through a drive thru...my 3rd fill did the trick.

That was cute, true but cute I mean yes you could have just laid into that person but you didn't for that I am proud of you Bj. I haven't had any fast food but I have not been good lately.

I was going to say spasm too. Good luck I would suggest you ask your doctor. And don't give that french fry the time of day ok!!!! Get back on track, you can do it!!!!!