Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Dietrick's Friends - Tampa

Hello all fellow Tampa people,

I have created this thread for all of those that have Dr. Dietrick as their surgeon out of Tampa. There are a couple of us out there and I thought this would be a good way to keep in contact and let us know how each other are doing.

I know one person has completed there surgery, while 2 or 3 of us are on our pre-op diet. I myself am on my 2nd day of pre-op diet and am scheduled for the 29th for surgery.

I had one slight set back as my lungs sounded funny so I am waiting on the results of a 2nd chest xray to make sure there is no issues. Please feel free to post here as you wish.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

There is another one of us as well who is being banded 2 days after me. I am going in on the 29th (monday). Then there was someone else that I believe has already been banded.

You'll have to post how you did when you get home to let us know how you did. How is your pre-op diet going?

Hey Patty.. TBLightningFan is my Hubby... he is so nervous.. Give him good thoughts..

I will be there with him of course.. I know he is going to do super duper...

How have you been feeling... I know I am looking forward to surgery date.. I am 8 days away....

How is the liquid going.. you feeling better??

Hey there,

Yeah I kind of figured after I looked at his profile he was. haha

I know he goes in tomorrow and I am sure he is very anxious and will do wonderful. You will have to let me know how he does tomorrow once ya'll get settled.

I am doing well on my pre-op diet. I have really only had one day that was really bad and that was day 3. I did not cheat in any fashion but I was so hungry. At this point I am taking it just one day at a time and listening to my stomach when I need to eat again.

I already have my time approved off from work so I will be able to relax comfortably. I will return to work the following monday but I am always off on tue and wed so I would only need to get thru the one 10 hour day and then have another 2 to rest again.

How is your pre-op going?

pre op is going good.. Although the past two days I have been very achey in my back.. and my upper abdomen.. my sister who has the surgery back in may said she experienced the same thing... So I guess maybe just something to do with new diet and muscles and junk like that.. other then feeling a smidge icky I am doing good. I am looking forward to surgery day.. it is getting closer and closer I know you must be excited... :smile: when I have mine done i am off on 10/01 and will go back to work on 10/06/08 so I hope i feel up to it.... Your work could not give you off on 10/02?

maybe i wasnt clear i have the surgery on the 29th and i retrn on the 6th of oct. but then i have my normal days off on tue and wed so i will only work that one day of the 6th and be off the following 2 days as apart of my regular scedule

i get ya Patty.. Sorry I was reading when I should have been working ha ha it is called multitasking .. I am constantly doing that :) Well I am glad you have a lot of time off to heal that is awesome.. :confused:

and Hubby.. U need to stop being nervous.. you will have me there by your side to support you like you have always and will always support me :) :tt1:

P.S. Don't for get to remind boo that his daddy is going to have surgery tomorrow so that he can give you some "super" boo hugs to take care of you and make you feel comfortable tomorrow :):wub:

well it sounds like you are all ready to go. just long enough for one to heal before the other one goes through. have either one of you called the dr to ask any other questions during this process?

I know that i have as i was supposed to get an allergy shot tomorrow but i didnt wanna get it without their approval and they said no. I am still tryin to get the stuffies out of my note. I am feeling 10x's better and sound better.

Patty.... There have been a few questions.. I have called them once or twice but it was prior to pre op.. I am sure they are glad to be getting a break from me ha ha.. Anyways.. yes we are all set.. I am trying to avoid the stuffies as well.. I have been having allergies to a cat that we are cat sitting, but I am hoping once it leaves I clear up..

Let me know what kind of questions you ask them.. Maybe they are ones I am forgetting :confused: always share good info and I will do the same..

I found this site and thread by accident. Dr. Dietrick did my LB approx 14 months ago.

He's pretty straight forward about things, that's for sure.

hey RPF.. how are you doing since surgery?? welcome to the thread.. Dr. Dietrick has been a wonderful surgeon.. we were all lucky to have such an honest person performing our surgery.. He is one you know truly puts your health ahead of everything else and that is awsome.

Edited by meschultz

Yes, I have to say that I like his straightforwardness. I know not everyone is comfortable with that but I prefer someone that puts it out there. At this point in my life I do not wanna be coddled. I told myself I would be honest about my eating habits and I do not expect to not make mistakes but I plan on being honest with myself about them.

meschultz I'm doing just fine. Only now beginning to adjust to the fact that I'm losing the weight I've held onto most of my adult life. I got him by accident and it turns out that it was a better choice for me all around.