Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Protein Drinks

I would like to know how many people out there have lost most of their weight without drinking Protein Drinks everyday? My scale has not moved in 2 weeks and now Im starting to think it's the Protein Drink.< /p>

i HATED Protein Drinks (ALL of them) & lost 75lbs w/out them (occasional drink after fills only)....however i just recently found one to add to my diet to add extra Protein on days i work out with my trainer. i don't use it as a meal replacement; just an added boost of protein/nutrition. my dr isn't a fan of liquid calories for your meals - but he doesn't seem to mind me adding them into the diet as of late.

i'm a slimfast drinker and get a lot of my Protein that way. i just can't get used to the whey protein taste. i eat a lot of chicken, eggs and cheese too.

A lot of those Protein drinks are extremely high in calories... the Optifast as a Meal Replacement is very low calory - when I frist had the op the dietician said to take protein drinks, low fat custard and things like that.. then I looked at the calory and carbohydrate content and decided no... so an occasional optifast.. and I enjoy soft cheese, eggs and chicken... but I really note the calorie content because I have got into that problem before the op, and it was due to high calorie count in the amount of protein I was eating... hope that helps.. Cheers, Trish

I've drank a Protein Drink almost everyday since my surgery 5 months ago. Calories are high but eating meat or cheese to attain the same amount Protein and you'll intake more calories than the protein drink. I take in less 1300 calories a day and get over 110g of protein with 60g and 400cal. coming from my protein drink. I've lost 103lbs since my surgery 5 months ago.

Slim fast has a lo carb/hi Protein shake. I've only seen chocolate and vanilla. They taste pretty good. They're called "Slim-Fast Low Carb Diet" and I've only found them in Rite Aid so far.

Protein: 20

Carbs: 6

Fiber: 4

Calories: 190

Sugar: 1

I am supposed to use a Protein Shake to supplement my diet when I am not getting 90 grams of Protein in my 3 meals, never to replace a meal with the shake. I wasn't doing that in the first two months and I started losing my hair. So now I have one protein shake (35G protein, 160 calories, .5g fat, 1g sugar) in between Breakfast and lunch every day. My weight loss has not changed by adding the shake (been doing this for a month now.)

Edited by Jodi_620

I dont drink them and never have and I dont focus on Protein either. Its just not a big thing here in Australia, none of the doctors here focus on it, and we all lose weight fine here. I also havent wasted away to a muscle-less marshmallow.

There's 1001 ways to skin a cat. At the end of the day it comes down to calories in v calories out, whether you believe that high levels of Protein are necessary or not.

If you're really into lifting weights and adding muscle, then perhaps you need higher levels of protein than the next person and shakes are a good way to get it if you like them.

At the end of the day, the fact remains, Proteins are the building blocks of the human body. It comes in many different forms which is good for bandsters. But judge for yourself based on that fact how important overall Protein intake is...