Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shahram Salimitari M.D.

Hi, Ive lost about 20 lbs since banded. Doing better after new DR filled band more once they figured out i have a large 14 cc band. After I posted that i didnt know what band i had they called from bev hills with info immedately after so they read these posts!

Hi everyone,

I, too, am getting banded by Dr. Salimitari in, deep breath, TWO DAYS!!! Yes, I am a bit excited but nervous also. Can anyone who has used Top Surgeons and Dr. Sal tell me if they gave you prescriptions to be filled after surgery? I am self pay and was wondering if they would just give me the meds I need or if I actually have to go to a pharmacy. Also, did they give you anit-nausea meds? Pain meds make me sick:wink2: and I want to cover my bases.

I can't wait to be a fellow bandster!

Edited by alliecat

Hi everyone,

I, too, am getting banded by Dr. Salimitari in, deep breath, TWO DAYS!!! Yes, I am a bit excited but nervous also. Can anyone who has used Top Surgeons and Dr. Sal tell me if they gave you prescriptions to be filled after surgery? I am self pay and was wondering if they would just give me the meds I need or if I actually have to go to a pharmacy. Also, did they give you anit-nausea meds? Pain meds make me sick:wink2: and I want to cover my bases.

I can't wait to be a fellow bandster!

Good luck on your surgery. I have used top surgerons in fact I was banded 7-2 and so far everything is going well. I was given a perscription to fill after surfery for pain. So yopu will need to frop it off at a pharmacy to get it filled. Sean

Sean,

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that your surgery went well and you're doing good! Just curious, how long did the procedure take from arrival to end?

Sean,

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that your surgery went well and you're doing good! Just curious, how long did the procedure take from arrival to end?

Hi Allicat. My wife and I got to the Hodpital at 5:15 am and was secedeuled to start the proces at 530 and got taken back to the room at 630am and the surgery started at 8am I was out of the Hospital at 1pm.. I had by surgery done at Tri city Hospital in Hawaina Gardens, which was only 12 miles fraom where I lived so that was nice. Really didn't want to drive to Beverly Hilss if I didn't have to.

Hi everyone, to the person who asked about meds, they gave prescriptions after & yes I had to pay. I didn't take the liquid vicodin they prescribed me I didn't like it, so i went to Walmart & got Liquid Tylenol which was much better. Also the antibiotics they give you need to smash up & put in liquid, no one told me that & capsules were getting stuck a little. As far as the liquid diet, I had Clear Liquids for 5 days then moves to chocolate soy Protein Shakes from walmart and shortly after had mushies like refried Beans I added a little Water & put in little food processor and made thinner also boiled brocoli & creamy Soups. I had surgery in Feb and am down 20 lbs now & feel alot better. Good luck.

Does any1 know what happened to Dr. Salimitari. I went to the office the other day for my adjustment and he was not there, instead this other person wanted to do my adjustment. It is ridicules, im not comfortable having some1 else do the adjustment for me, who does not even treat me with respect. I don’t even take my car to a new mechanic Please if you know where Dr. Salimitari is please please let me know

I looked at the add for the weight loss center and he is no lonjger listed as one of the Dr's So I think he is not associated with this company anymore. Does anyone have information about him or where he may be? Sean

I just had my surgery on July 29th with Top Surgeons. I know that Dr Sal is who I originally saw for my orientation but he is not the Dr that did my Lapband. My surgeon was Dr Tashjian. Dr T (as he refers to himself) was very nice and spent a good amount of time with me before the surgery making sure I was aware of what was being done and I understood what was expected of me. He also will give out his cell number if you request it. Just don't call him at 3:00am to tell him how cute he is (he says it's happened! :))

I have my first follow up appt this Tues with Dr T. I will let you all know a little more then. I'll even ask him what happened to Dr Sal... heck I'm not shy!

What I was told was that Dr. Sal was working out of another office. They have 11 of them I think. They told me I could see Dr. T or go to one of the offices that Dr. Sal is at. The offices that Dr. Sal is working out of were far so I figured I would try Dr. T and he is great. He is a nice guy.

Now this is what they told me a few months ago the week before the change of doctors was going to happen in Antelope Valley and Valencia. Also, at my appointment this week there was a patient that was one of Dr. Sal's and Dr. T told her that Dr. Sal had talked to him about her situation. She was there for a slight unfill.

Anyway, he is around. I think. Having him not listed makes me wonder.

Guine: Let us know if anything happened to him.

I just had my surgery on July 29th with Top Surgeons. I know that Dr Sal is who I originally saw for my orientation but he is not the Dr that did my Lapband. My surgeon was Dr Tashjian. Dr T (as he refers to himself) was very nice and spent a good amount of time with me before the surgery making sure I was aware of what was being done and I understood what was expected of me. He also will give out his cell number if you request it. Just don't call him at 3:00am to tell him how cute he is (he says it's happened! :biggrin:)

I have my first follow up appt this Tues with Dr T. I will let you all know a little more then. I'll even ask him what happened to Dr Sal... heck I'm not shy!

Dr. Tashjian is my new doctor and I love him!! Dr. Jackson at Top Surgeons did my surgery back on 6/18/09 (Dr. Jackson left Top Surgeons right after I had my surgery). I went for my first fill on 7/15/09 and was told by another Doctor (Dr. Powell) that my port was flipped and that I needed another surgery to fix the problem. He tried for about 20 minutes, stuck me 3-4 times with the needle and with each poke moved the needle around inside of me for several minutes. I was soo sore after that.

Anyways, after almost 2 weeks of waiting for my insurance company to approve another surgery...one of the girls in the office told me that Dr. Tashjian was pretty confident that he would be able to find my port. I just went to see him on Saturday (8/1/09) and he got it on the first try!!! No poking and no prodding around. 1 stick and that was it!!

Thank you Dr. T!!!

DR.S did my surgery back in Feb. He has left Top Surgeons and has his own office. I was SO happy to find him again! He's in Beverly Hills. His number is 310-275-5150

I looked at the add for the weight loss center and he is no lonjger listed as one of the Dr's So I think he is not associated with this company anymore. Does anyone have information about him or where he may be? Sean

I have seen Dr. Salimitari in Bev. Hills, Apple Valley and West Hills. This surgeon is awesome, I'm so glad I had him, he is very caring, he's always available to his patients. He has left top surgeons and now has his own offices. His new number is 310-275-5150. I drive 2 1/2 hours just so I can follow up with him. I no longer see the drs. at top surgeons.

Hello, I have a question for you. I really like Dr. S. when you went to see him in his new office, did you have to pay for your fills (now that he is not part of the other office)?