Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Hey Dr. Kirshenbaum samurais

Hi Dr. K samurais!

I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. I am wondering what did he give you for pain meds. How much does he give you? Will I have a problem getting them on the plane in my purse? Where did you find liquid advil or tylenol or do you take children's?

Thanks!!

Thats a great question... and something I have been wondering too... you may want to check into the thread for Dr. Kirshenbaum under Doctors and Hospitals.

Allyson

I have tried asking questions on the Dr. K thread but there are too many people and I can never see if anyone answers my questions. Plus, I always feel like I am interrupting their conversation by asking questions.

I know there are a few Dr. K Samurais so I was hoping they could help us out.

mdargen, myself and uptownmami287 will be doing our pre-op and surgeries on the same day as you. Woudl you like to join us for dinner on the 23rd?:thumbup:

I have tried asking questions on the Dr. K thread but there are too many people and I can never see if anyone answers my questions. Plus, I always feel like I am interrupting their conversation by asking questions.

mdargen, myself and uptownmami287 will be doing our pre-op and surgeries on the same day as you. Woudl you like to join us for dinner on the 23rd?:thumbup:

Yay! More Dr. K girls on here. What time is your pre-op next Tuesday? Mine is at 2:30.

Thanks for the dinner invite but I am not sure if I will be able to make it. I think my mom has a family get together planned. It will be the second time I have been home since I moved so I think she is getting a little excited. LOL

Where are you going for dinner and what time? If I can escape I may come see you!!

:frown::thumbup:

Yay! More Dr. K girls on here. What time is your pre-op next Tuesday? Mine is at 2:30.

Thanks for the dinner invite but I am not sure if I will be able to make it. I think my mom has a family get together planned. It will be the second time I have been home since I moved so I think she is getting a little excited. LOL

Where are you going for dinner and what time? If I can escape I may come see you!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

My appointment is at 3pm, so if nothing else then I'll definitely see you there. What time is your surgery appt. I'm curious to know if they have us all coming in at once or staggered throughout the day. I woudl think he would prep everyone and then go room to room but who knows.

We haven't decided on dinner because I just had the braniac idea this morning and I'm checking one last time to make sure we include everyone that I can find on the site.

Are you from Denver? that's cool that you will be close to home or at least family. We decided to stay through the week so I wouldn't have to travel feeling like crap...

My preop is this Friday so I will find out and let you know about the medication.:thumbup:

My preop is this Friday so I will find out and let you know about the medication.:thumbup:

Oh my gosh that would be so great. I always hate asking doctors about pain medication. I don't want them to think I am a junkie. LOL

he gave me liquid viccoden, you pick up everything at the pharmacy thats in the same building down stairs [make sure you take the elevator down tot he bottom floor.. that threw me for a loop the 1st time].. You also get your rectal suppository there too..tons of fun!! I have a funny story with that ha ha..

He is a great guy, very understanding. I didnt take my pain meds on to the actual airplane.. i took one before hand... I also kept my ice pack with me and asked the airplane to let me preboard.. it was nicer that way.

Any more questions just ask away.. I would love to meet anyone that i can that's been banded. Ill be in denver on october 16th-17th

Regina

Hi Girls! Dr.K's banding me on 9/29. I live in Colorado Springs. I feel the same way about the other Dr. K thread. Mind if I join in with you all? How's everyone feeling>? Nervous, excited? Yikes! Me too!

I was banded on 6/3.. I was really super nervous, but everything turned out great! My friend went with me and she told me she would do everything i had to do [besides the surgery] while we were there.. Meaning she eats what I eat, she goes where I go.. HAHA you'll see the funiess about that when you get told you need to empty your tank..She did it too! It was a great bonding experience.. Maybe thats a little too much info though. =)

I went back 7/18 for my first fill and it was the strangest experience ive ever had.

I go back on 10/17 for my next fill.. Good luck to all of you

I can relate to what you said about the other Dr. k thread... It is exciting that you all are getting so close to banding. i have 2 months. But i know the time will fly by. As soon as you have your surgery, you have to come back and tell me everything so I can be ready... I am so nervous!

My appointment is at 3pm, so if nothing else then I'll definitely see you there. What time is your surgery appt. I'm curious to know if they have us all coming in at once or staggered throughout the day. I woudl think he would prep everyone and then go room to room but who knows.

We haven't decided on dinner because I just had the braniac idea this morning and I'm checking one last time to make sure we include everyone that I can find on the site.

Are you from Denver? that's cool that you will be close to home or at least family. We decided to stay through the week so I wouldn't have to travel feeling like crap...

I am originally from Denver. We moved to the Portland area in December. It will be nice to see my family and have my mom take care of me. lol Let me know about the 23rd. For all I know we may not be able to eat at all the night before surgery.

What have you been eating on your pre-op? Are you sticking with plain chicken and greens or are you doing the full on Atkins diet. I am somewhere in between.

he gave me liquid viccoden, you pick up everything at the pharmacy thats in the same building down stairs [make sure you take the elevator down tot he bottom floor.. that threw me for a loop the 1st time].. You also get your rectal suppository there too..tons of fun!! I have a funny story with that ha ha..

He is a great guy, very understanding. I didnt take my pain meds on to the actual airplane.. i took one before hand... I also kept my ice pack with me and asked the airplane to let me preboard.. it was nicer that way.

Any more questions just ask away.. I would love to meet anyone that i can that's been banded. Ill be in denver on october 16th-17th

Regina

Why do we have a rectal suppository?!?! What the ?*!*

Hi Girls! Dr.K's banding me on 9/29. I live in Colorado Springs. I feel the same way about the other Dr. K thread. Mind if I join in with you all? How's everyone feeling>? Nervous, excited? Yikes! Me too!

Welcome aboard! Everyone is really nice over there but I can never keep track of any of my posts so I never know if anyone answers me. LOL

I can relate to what you said about the other Dr. k thread... It is exciting that you all are getting so close to banding. i have 2 months. But i know the time will fly by. As soon as you have your surgery, you have to come back and tell me everything so I can be ready... I am so nervous!

I promise I will tell you everything! I am the type of person who needs to know every little detail. I don't want any surprises at all.

So, my pre-op diet is going well. I am wondering what else you Dr. K girls are eating. I have been doing a very strict Atkins diet. I haven't had flour or sugar in 3 weeks (I started early). My problem with Atkins is that how can eating any kind of meat, cheese, dairy, and some veggies be good for us? I know this is only 10 days but I am considering do the last 7 days just grilled chicken or something.

I have been doing an Atkins type diet. I have slipped a little, but I have been doing ok I guess. I seem hungry though so I eat more than what I know I should. I have been losing so I guess it hasn't hurt. I thought my preop was Friday but it is actually tomorrow. Really excited to see what happends during that visit. My surgery is on Moday so I have the weekend to gather all the necessary items I need.:)