Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really need some encouragement...

My doctor's office called today. They are moving my surgery up to next week. (yay for me!) I know that this is a good thing, but they just snatched my last few days of free eating away from me. I am freaking out! I wasn't supposed to start my pre-op diet until Thursday. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been having a free-for-all, but I really liked being able to work my way to that. Now I have to start today! I don't know why I am freaking out, but I am. Help me out! Can somebody please give this sista a swift kick in the tail?!?!

Girl Friend - this is the 1st day of the rest of your life... You will be able to eat again - I promise you that - it's not like the food is going to be gone forever...

You know what the difference will be - all the crap you are eating now isn't gooding to tempt you like it does now. Once you wean yourself off of our drug of choice (food) and the weight starts coming off - you aren't really going to want to eat those fattening foods anymore - cuz if you do - they will just make you fat again..

I still have treats occaissionally - but instead of eating a whole bag of reese pb cups I have one or two..

And you know what - when I have had something that I just dreamnt about eating again - it really didn't taste as good as I remembered it.

Remember this isn't a diet but a lifetime lifestyle change - You can do it!!!

Prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery...

Thank you. You said exactly what I needed to hear. This is a lifestyle change. Thanks so much.

Hey slim, hang in there girl. I had a few last suppers myself and now being on the other side, I can't remember what they tasted like (could be that this bland post op diet has caused taste bud amnesia.)

I even think that I mourned food a little today-it was sad like a double funeral. But I am just asking God to give me strength. It will get better...

I even think that I mourned food a little today-it was sad like a double funeral. But I am just asking God to give me strength. It will get better...

What had you mourning today? How are you feeling since your surgery?

First of all, congratulations for making it to the surgery, think of what all you have been through to this this far...yoyo dieting, tons of get slim quick schemes, wasted money, heartbreaking failures, all for the purpose of getting YOUR life back. I know it seems like you are waving bye to eating, you really aren't, you are beginning to get yourself back, to let go of the web that has tangled your life like so many of us on here. Once you see some progress, you will NEVER want to go back to binge eating again. You just have to make a few adjustments till you get the surgery, you don't want them having to close you up and not have the band because your liver was obstructing the surgeons view right?Keep your chin up, you are SO VERY CLOSE NOW!:tt1:

slim: I think I was just weary of drinking my meals the last six days. I also ventured out today and passed so many fast food places but could not stop. I'm smart enough to know what's best for me I guess its just natural. I am undoing years of bad habits almost instantly( I didn't have a preop diet) so I think that my lil moment was normal. I am actually not caring about food as I am typing this. I will just take that part of it day by day.

I am feeling so much better. Tomorrow I am back at work where I will hear all of the fake " I missed you" my secretary txt me today and said that when they asked she told them that I had a baby and that I didn't even know that I was pregnant. Now that was hella funny! No one knows I had wls. I told my boss that it was my hernia- a half truth. Not his beeswax

my secretary txt me today and said that when they asked she told them that I had a baby and that I didn't even know that I was pregnant. Now that was hella funny!

That is too funny! You need to have something prepared for when at least one of them asks to see a picture of the "baby."

That is too funny! You need to have something prepared for when at least one of them asks to see a picture of the "baby."

Maybe I'll keep my office door closed and tell the secretary that if anyone asks to tell them that I am "pumping"- Gotta feed the baby lol

Hey Slim,

I'm envious! :wink2: I wish my surgery were scheduled, let alone moved up!

Just think, girlfriend - you are starting your new healthier, stronger, slimmer life! No longer will food be calling you in the way that it used to...you will have your band to reinforce your willpower.

Have you 'named' your band yet? I think I'm going to call mine the DivaTool, because it's going to help me become my most Dynamic, Intriguing, Vivacious and Audacious self...

I made up that definition when I was working as an Image Consultant :crying: Now I can't wait until it really does describe me - head to toe and forever more!

Congrats on your upcoming operation, and I pray you have a very easy surgery and a pain-free recovery!:tongue:

Hey Slim,

I'm envious! :thumbup: I wish my surgery were scheduled, let alone moved up!

Just think, girlfriend - you are starting your new healthier, stronger, slimmer life! No longer will food be calling you in the way that it used to...you will have your band to reinforce your willpower.

Have you 'named' your band yet? I think I'm going to call mine the DivaTool, because it's going to help me become my most Dynamic, Intriguing, Vivacious and Audacious self...

I made up that definition when I was working as an Image Consultant :biggrin: Now I can't wait until it really does describe me - head to toe and forever more!

Congrats on your upcoming operation, and I pray you have a very easy surgery and a pain-free recovery!:wub:

Thank you so much. I haven't named it yet. I have been thinking about it though. I am not very creative, so I am having a hard time coming up with something.

I had my upper GI this morning. I have to admit, that barium was almost a deal breaker for me. I almost gagged drinking that stuff. :puke:I know, so gross. They gave me a barf bag and moved back. I almost laughed at that.

Anyway, you will be there soon. We will be on this site next year and we won't even be able to remember what it was like before the surgery.

Good luck to you, and I will keep you in my prayers also.

Edited by *slim*
correct spelling

Hey slim,

Don't feel bad, I was going to have my last big meal on Labor Day. However, when I went to my pre-op class on 8/28 they decided to change my date to 9/8/08. My original surgery date was - get this, SEPT. 29, so I was really p.o'd because I had to start the Optifast diet immediately, that day! But in the end, it was well worth it, just be thankful that your date was moved up because it could have been postponed. All in all, I will keep you in my prayers.:girl_hug: