Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost six weeks post op and just this past week something unusual has started happening. I have never thrown up until this past week and it is not food.........it's sudggy type spit and mucus. No food!! What is that? I am keeping all of my food down. I have these griggling type noises in my throat as well like the spit is just sitting there building up and then towards the end of the day.........i vomit it all up and it's just foamy type spit! Has anyone ever experienced this? Please help!!:smile:

I am almost six weeks post op and just this past week something unusual has started happening. I have never thrown up until this past week and it is not food.........it's sudggy type spit and mucus. No food!! What is that? I am keeping all of my food down. I have these griggling type noises in my throat as well like the spit is just sitting there building up and then towards the end of the day.........i vomit it all up and it's just foamy type spit! Has anyone ever experienced this? Please help!!:smile:

Have you had a fill yet?

It seems to me what we banders call "sliming" nice huh? Perhaps you are a bit swollen from the surgery still and everything is extra tight. Try to take it easy with Soups and brothy type eats until the swelling goes down. I stress calling the doctor also. Be extra careful as to not irritate your band by eating foods you are not ready for,forcing the band or vomiting could cause slippage. I hope that you are better soon, and keep us updated.:smile:

Exactly what the other post said... Why this happens.. i am not exactly sure.... for me when i eat something and it get sort of stuck going down then i will feel that coming on but i try to shake it off because i hate throwing up.... try to take note of when it happens after certin things u eat cause whatever may cause it prob. wont be something u can continue to eat....

this just happened to me after being filled for about 4 weeks. even Water i drank was just sitting in my throat. now i am not sure why it happened 4 weeks after the fill I may have eaten to quickly, may not have taken enough bites not sure. l ran to my doctors office that same day that i could not take it any more. I had the same symptoms you had he removed all the liquid from my band and I had immediate relief.

I say all of this to say sometimes doctors give you a little fill after surgery you should check with yours and see if he did. If you have no liquid in your band now and you are sliming maybe you should think about NOT getting your first fill yet

Edited by slimm2be

chew that first bite extra carefully...I often don't do this and end up sliming...also my doctor said that if there is any stress to the esophogus to go back on liquids for at least 24 hours so the swelling can go down.

THANKS so much for the quick responses.............I have gone on Clear Liquids now for 32 hours with no luck yet.......let me give you the scoop......this started on Thursday and I had no idea what was going on and I should have just asked at that time but I was hoping it would past over. So I continued to eat over the weekend as well (Boyfriend came into town so we had a great time this weekend eating) Sushi, Tex-Mex, BBQ ...LOL!! So now I am wondering how long do I have to wait for it to digest before I feel any better........I tried making myself throw up but no food would come up just slim.........and spit! I really don't know what to do at this point. I did start taking the papaya enzymes hoping that will help me digest whatever it is that is blocking me...................Do anyone know what else is there to do besides what I am doing? I am going to the doctor tomorrow for my first fill but If i don't feel any better by then I am going to request for a Upper GI cause what in the world can be there since Thursday????:tt1:

This only happened to me once after my first fill. The fill was fine, but I ate too fast and a cracker kind of got stuck. After it went down, I kind of had some slime come up. Now, I eat very, very slow and it hasn't happened since. Hope you feel better soon.

I have had that happen to me. The doc told me to start out in the morning with something warm. Herbal tea of some kind It has helped but I have the feeling of something stuck in my throat. I am almost 4 wks out and this usually happens in the morning. Try drinking something warm and 1/2 hr before you eat . Hope it works for you..

Why would you eat all that stuff anyway? Werent you afraid this would happen? Maybe your boyfriend should be more helpful as you go through this journey. I dont mean to judge, but we all know what we are supposed to do.

Hi:

Once you are back to normal take more care in eating slowly and only tiny bites. You should also consider sticking with bland foods for a while too. Good luck with the doctor tomorrow. Please be honest with him about what you were eating because that could be part of the problem. He may want to review the "bandster" rules for eating with you so that you can have success early in your banding.

Best wishes to you.

Sue