Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who am I --help-

I have been reading alot here and really enjoyed the questions and comments. I was wondering if anyone was having the craziness I have had lately. I have currently lost 77lbs from a size 28 or 26 now in a 20 to 18. I am even having troulbe buying clothes because I want to get baggy things like before and my friends are trying to get me to guy tighter fitting and low cut which look great but I just don't feel comfortable for some reason. Which brings me to my next question. Dating !! I have been out of the dating sceen for some time now. Again because not feeling so great about myself, but now OMG I am ready for action all the time. I have noticed the men looking at me and then I get almost embarrassed. I am ready to put myself out there but not sure just how.. I know this sounds crazy but what the heck is going on... I'm ready for action but not sure just how to get it started again HELP !!

Go and buy those tighter clothes, once you see yourself in them you will understand. I am down from a 24 to an 18 now, and my silloutte is thinner, its the freakiest thing. Get a bra that holds the boobs up too, and get a blouse that is a square neck, all of a sudden with the 18 pants, the new bra, and blouse, you don't even look like yourself and its great.

Now with guys, just be yourself. Its easier than you think.

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss, you have much to celebrate!:lol:

I would suggest going out with friends, that way there isn't so much pressure to "find someone."If you happen to see some hottness well then that is a fringe benefit! Other support will give you the boost of confidence you need, and will also love you enough to be honest about your apparel, in the meantime, perhaps you might buy a personal type of item to keep those action moments at bay till you find the real thing!lol.:cursing:

I agree, go out with friends and reaquaint yourself in a low key way. This will be easier for you to start . . . and definitely don't hide yourself behind a bunch of baggy clothing . . . show self confidence and dress well. If you can show that you take good care of yourself, people are more likely to notice.

Thanks to all. I did go shopping. I must say I feel better and more confident wearing clothes that fit. They look much better also. I even bought a new bra that fits WOW !! I'm going out with friends this weekend. First time going out on the town in years.

Perhaps you could start out slow maybe internet dating??? That way you could get to know them a bit first. Maybe you could try one of the larger sites like Match.com sometimes they offer free trials. Anyway best of luck I hope you find the perfect guy for you :rolleyes2:

KiKi XX

Thanks to all. I did go shopping. I must say I feel better and more confident wearing clothes that fit. They look much better also. I even bought a new bra that fits WOW !! I'm going out with friends this weekend. First time going out on the town in years.

so, how was the night ont he town? Hope you were dressed up and held your head high!

The night out on the town was a lot of fun. Started out with just the girls. We ended up at a club and believe it or not I was out on the dance floor for the first time in years. Still a little unsure of things but I can tell you what a confidence boost !! Thanks for all the suport .

Congrats on your weight loss. As a larger person, I often stuck to certain clothing "rules" such as wearing black, no horizontal stripes, no sleeveless shirts, etc. I know I am not alone in saying that many of us had to re-learn how to dress at our new smaller size. It's fun to try new things. In time you'll find your own unique style. When you look good, you feel good. Your newfound self confidence will serve you well as you enter the dating scene. Way to go girl! Have fun dancing the night away.

Having your head adjust to your new smaller body is a common problem. I have gone from 200 lbs to 116 and I was recently 108.8 but I still like to wear baggy, "floaty" clothes, however, even though this drives my maw-in-law nuts. She is a big chesty woman who used to be a sexpot and who still likes to wear her clothes sprayed on. I guess we like to stick with what we know, eh. I guess my biggest change is that I now wear great big wide belts around my (baggy) outfits. I still find it amazing that I can wear a belt and that, moreover, the belt looks really, really great. I guess that this is my NSV.

But back to the subject: even at an emaciated 108.8, and I looked like an insect, there was a little part of me that still felt tubby. I guess we never really lose completely that sense of being mama's little fatty. Or maybe this takes many years to lose.......

Green,

Thank you for your comment. I totally agree. I still have trouble wrapping my brain around what my eyes see in the mirror, and it's been almost 2 1/2 years. I hate this body dismorphia stuff!