Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost my carving for carbs have you?

Just curious if any of you have lost your craving for cargs after getting banded, I used to live off carbs bread was the first real love of my life.

I was banded a month ago today and have not touched bread or rice and have not even thought of them, I will say I crave protien.

Full disclosure: I'm only a week out, but I've noticed that I'm not craving anything, and I've been three weeks on restricted foods (pre-op and post-op diets). The major change for me is what I'm drinking. I gave up my beloved diet cokes when I first started the process, and exchanged flavored waters for them. However, since being banded, I haven't touched any of my supply of flavored waters. All I've been wanting is plain ice cold Water, and lots of it.

I hope I don't crave carbs after I get banded! I to love bread and my first love is RICE yummm.:rolleyes2:

I have not really craved them either, except the other day we went to dinner to Roadhouse Grill and I use to love their bread. I did have a small craving but for the first time was able to resist and did not feel deprived at all.

The thing about carb cravings it that once you get them out of your system for a while, the cravings go away. As long as you can avoid eating them as much as possible the cravings for the most part will stay away.

I am the same as Kiz only my love was Diet Pepsi, during pre-op I drank a lot of Crystal Light but now it doesn't appeal to me...I actually enjoy plain ole' Water.

I wasn't much of a fish eater pre-banding but I crave fish now. I have been sampling all the different types of fish that I have never tried before and am learning new recipes with it.

Just curious if any of you have lost your craving for cargs after getting banded, I used to live off carbs bread was the first real love of my life.

I was banded a month ago today and have not touched bread or rice and have not even thought of them, I will say I crave protien.

I would say I don't all excited thinking about them, to be quite honest with you. My BRAIN may anticipate it at first, but then I start thinking...and I think I crave sweets more. I think it all has to do with needing more flavor and breads just don't cut it. I think about a really flavorful cup of Soup...now THAT I like. Right now, I'm thinking about a Coke....a real one, and I sure could down one of those. So, I think you may have something there about the carbs and breads. They are just fillers and that is one thing we really don't want right now. We have been conditioned to want them, but flavor is much more appealing right now, even with little restriction.

I had the same experience and also eat mostly chicken and fish. However, BEWARE, as I get closer to goal, I've gotten a little careless and recently had a Reese Blizzard and it was like waking a sleeping giant! I craved carbs so bad I nearly lost my mind. :rolleyes2: It took me two weeks to realize that I was slowly eating more and more carbs and I noticed my blood sugar was starting to act up.

I posted a plea for help on this board and after listening to the advice of my LBT friends, I started to write down and track what I was eating and discovered that I was eating too many carbs. It took me a few days of lean and green meals to get back on track, but I am feeling better again.

The moral of the story is you have to keep away from the carbs to keep the craving away.

I definetly lost mine. I am like you, bread was my downfall. I was banded on 7/01/08 and have not had bread, rice or Pasta. Three things that I love, and I really don't miss it or crave it.

Great to know we can live without all the carbs. Also, I have cut my diabetes meds by 2/3. I expect soon it will be cut even more.

I have never lost the craving for carbs, but after my third adjustment last week thursday, I have discovered that they get stuck, and I PB and slime, etc... it's not a pretty picture. I tried once with a WW bagel and the other was piece of whole grain toast. Both had the same horrible effect. So, in my head I want them because I used to be able to eat them in mass quantities, but now that I know I will get sick if I eat them, the desire fades and I'm good with that. I'm happy that I can't have that anymore... they were my downfall!!!

the less carbs that you eat, the less your body will crave them...Thats why Atkins has been so successful through the years..They keep you at a very low carb level and your body doesn't miss them after just a couple days...Good luck...

Yes, I've lost all craving for heavy carbs ... Love fresh fruit juicing .... Don't like cofffee any more .... Have cravings for tuna .... 10 days post op .... I've been buying the 4 1/2 lb cans of tuna just to drink the Water pack for Protein ... I then freeze the tuna until the day I'll be able to eat it .... It's hmm hmmm good! Bought for a good Protein source, "Beach Cliff" Fish steaks in Soybean oil with HOT green chilies. I think I'll be able to eat these slowly on 15 days post op ... looking forward to those guys!

08/24/08 - 10 days pre op .. 313LBs

09/11/08 ....................... 272Lbs

0?/0?/0? ........................ 175Lbs

Edited by uaroadtramp

Don't crave carbs much but if I have any, i make sure that it is whole wheat. Every now an then i have a grilled chees on whole wheat just 1/2 a sandwhich or whole wheat Pasta. I have a thing for grilled cheese and grapes black ones, YUM...O! I eat rice but brown rice. I eat these sparringly. I mostly eat roasted chicken and fruit. I get most veggies by juicing with some of my fruit. I cannot get enough of fresh fruit from the farmers market. 100 times better than the stuff they have in the grocery store. I will miss summer and the fruit that comes with it! :sad: