Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandsters where are you?

All you guys that were banded in April check in and let us know how you are doing. I had my band put in on April 5 and I lost 10 pounds in that month. In May I lost 4 pounds and I have lost and regained 2 pounds in the month of June. I don't have a lot of energy and have not been exercising so that is probably why I haven't done as well as I thought I would. I have had two fills and one unfill. For two weeks I was so tight I couldn't eat any solid food, slim fast was my best friend.

Hiya Angel,

I was banded on April 21st,05. I have lost 21 pounds since then.... I got my first fill on June 10th,and I have no restriction whatsoever. I am not sure if I should go back for anther or wait abit to see if it gets tighter in time. I can eat anythng I choose, but I just keep it to smaller portions.

I don't have much energy either.

I havent been exercising either....I kinda feel like I am in a funk...

Oh well....things can only get better....right?

I'm a fellow April 05 bandster and this has been a very exciting couple of months! I had my surgery 4/29 and received my first fill last Thursday. To date I have lost 47.5 pounds and feel so much better already! I have a long way to go but this time I know I'm gonna make it! This website is wonderful and has helped me so much! As I have read at the closing of some posts....I love my band!

Hi ....

I was banded on April 6th... I have lost 16 pounds... but most of that was from the liquids.. I have yoyo'd the past month..

I have had 3 fills... the first 1.5cc's.. 2 weeks later I went back for another and they found that I only had .5cc's in my band... 1.0 cc's disappeared... they put in another 1.5 cc's.. which should have brought me to which should have brought me to 2.0cc's... went back 2 weeks later for #3 and I only had 1.0 cc in my band... they put another 1.0 cc's in and I do actually feel a slight restriction... If the restriction doesn't get any tighter I plan on going back next week for fill #4... it is getting a bit frustrating with having to have so many fills to try to get to that "sweet spot".... but I am willing to do what I have to do...

It is great to hear from all of you. What kinds of things are you eating? I haven't lost enough that anyone has even noticed. I chose not to tell anyone except 3 close people.

Hey April BandFamily!!!! I was Banded April 28th and i am doing okay.. I have lost 20lbs and cant wait to lose more. I waiting to pass the 300's and say goodbye to them FOREVER!!! Im going on June 24th for a fill and hopefully that will kick start my weight loss. Hang in there April Bandsters! We can do it!!!! Good Luck to everyone.. ((((((hugs)))))))))

I was banded April 25th and have only lost 10lbs. My have the Van Guard band and am filled to a little over 9ccs... (I've had 4 fills already) so after my next fill, I'll be as filled as I can be. This is frustrating =(

I was banded April 15th and I have lost 9 lbs. I have had 2 fills up to 1.9.... my doc says he is going really slow with me since i am an out of towner and he is worried that if he fills me too full that i am too far away to correct it.... so its little by little... he said i am on track though...

the nurses were commenting on how my face has thinned out from my first photo.... 9 pounds isnt alot... about 10% of what i need to lose total... but it is starting to show!

so thats good.... id just like to be under 200 before summer ends.

hi

Was banded 30 April.I have lost 33 pounds to date.I still have a lot of problems with the band and will be tested for H Pylori this week.I defenately have a gastritis and have severe reflux for which I now take a Pantoloc.

I am now low carbing and only eating 100grams of Protein twice a day or sometimes 3 times a day with a scoop of low carb ice cream at night.I have cut the vegetables almost completely because I get a huge amount of gas and discomfort from most of it...

When problems are sorted out I will start exercising again....

Hi,

I was banded April 30th and have lost 21 pounds...no fill yet...don't have one scheduled either as I'm still feeling restriction MOST of the time.

Beginning to exercise some this past week - swimming in our pool now that the water's warm enough.

It's been a learning process w/ the band but I think I'm getting to where the 'old-timers' are - "Love-My-Band-Land".

Paula

Dr. Aceves

4/30/2005

215/194/155

Oh it's so good to hear from all of you!!! I was banded April 8th and have not had my first fill yet. I was pretty restricted up to about week 8-9, then started noticing that pretty much had no restriction. Sat with that for a few weeks until I was sure and scheduled my first fill.. Problem is, I have to wait until July 6th!! That's just shy of 13 weeks post-surgery!

As for weight loss, I lost 15 pounds in the first 12 days and have kept it off with no problems. So now I am stuck at 208. I will occasionally lose to as low as 206, but really I keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds and have for weeks now. I am anxious to get under 200! Can't wait for my first fill!!

Wow, remember when we were all gearing up for our surgeries and watched everyone go and come back banded? I'm SO glad you started this thread Angeleyes!

Im an april bandster!! I was banded April 29th,2005 :D My b/f propsed April 27th and we are looking at dates for next April/May--strangley enough April 29,2006 (saturday) is an option. Its either that or May 20 :) It would be kinda cool to get married on the anniversary of my surgery--i just hope i lose enouph to look all hot in my wdding dress! :-D Anyone here whos had the surgery over a year? How much did you lose? =)

Ok sorry i kinda strayed from the topic!!!OOPS!

I was banded April 8 and I have lost 33 pounds so far. I have had two fills, doing the exercising every weekday.

j.s.

Hi All... I was banded April 25th and I am down 29 pnds so far. I need to watch what I eat to make sure my food choices are healthly not just "easy" food, but I do exercise 5 out of 7 days. I did have a 3 week plataue but, I got my 2nd fill last Thursday and finally broke through. Other than that its smooth sailing. By the way, great job so far everyone.

LivinNy Please have them check for a leak. The saline should be there when they pull it out. Either that or they are missing the port. Do they do it under fluoro?

Susie