Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manatee's turn for plastics

I feel special now. :)

Dare I ask what you are doing with an A-Bomb?

p.s. You are looking good. Would never have guessed you were ever overweight a day in your life.

Well........I think there's something wrong with me. Seriously. If I had cash or insurance I'd probably talk to a counselor.

Even though I now fall well into "normal" and I don't look bad at all, I'm still not very happy with this body. I'm just so -pissed- that I wasted all the years in the past getting all blobby and distorted. Even after the surgeries, it won't be close to what I really want.

Back to the gym next week, gotta start building the pecs and arms next.

I dont think people give enough thought to the media images foist upon guys, just like for women.

I know exactly how you feel. Some days I can stand before the mirror, look objectively and feel glad that I look healthy and a lot better than I used to. I look great clothed, I can wear pretty much anything I want to, I blend into the crowd, I have less of a mummy tummy than many women I know. I feel that plastic surgery would be an expensive and unecessary step for me.

Other days I want to rant and rave and SCREAM. It is so NOT FAIR, I put in so much work, why do I still have to be loose and jiggly. I almost envy women who have the apron, those former apples shapes - because I feel its not JUST my stomach, not JUST my thighs, not JUST my butt, its all three and I need a total body lift. My boobs are wrecked. Other days I feel like I should just buy myself a great pair of tits and spend the rest of my life focussing on them and not worry about any of it.

This is a head journey as well. There is a LOT of work to be done on coming to accept that your body is just your body, same as anyone elses, has good bits, bad bits, etc. But its sure not easy.

Shalee and Manatee, I've see on many of the plastic surgery threads here that many people get a revision. When you get a revision, is it an additional charge or did the original charge cover any future revisions?

Normally my PS charges for any revisions. But because of the wound issues I had, My Dr I guess feels bad for me and told me no charge. Now because we have both opted to do this in a surgery center instead of his office, I will be paying $827.00 for that.

Manatee: I totally understand how you're feeling and it's not good! We need to tell ourselves that are bodies are wonderful and forget the past! Our subconcious get's the wrong messages when we put out all these bad vibes out into the universe. I have had all the same regrets and I keep getting more things done and nothing changes. I'm never going to be perfect and I'm trying to be happy with that. I do think I need some counseling. I wish you the best with your healing and wish you happiness with your new and improved body!

Just a couple of post-revision pics. Still got a bit of swelling, but overall not bad for a guy who was almost 300 lbs on a 5'9 frame less than 2 years ago.

Still want the hardbody look, but -that- is up to me and my eating/workout habits. That's a year 3 goal :biggrin:

post-240658-13813138211571_thumb.jpg

post-240658-13813138211942_thumb.jpg

Dude, you're getting there. And, as I'm not gay, I'm not blowing any undue smoke where the sun may or may not shine....

Had yet another followup with the Doc today. He's declared me fit and 'normal'. Personally I'm still disappointed. I look so good right after surgery, and then, without gaining a pound, things get saggy and bloated looking again.

Doc and his assistant warned me about unrealistic expectations, and that "people who have cosmetic surgery are the type to be the toughest on themselves." I've never thought of myself as a perfectionist, but maybe in this aspect I am becoming one. I must think on that.

There is one slight issue. The Doc didn't want to do much Lipo around the port itself, because he was rightfully afraid of damaging it or the tubing. That's left me with an imbalance right to left, where the left side is slightly blobby and convex vs the right which is not.

For other reasons, I am going to have to get the band revised yet again. I am going to ask the band doc to put in a low profile port when he goes back in, and place it on the right hand side. That will clear up the space to allow for just a touch of liposuction.< /p>

Getting there...anyone know anything about pectoral implants? :mad2: