Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mississippi Bandsters!

CONGRATS Don!!!! I know you have been waiting a long time. I am so happy for you!!!:wub:

Cindy

Hello everyone, I just got my banding date of 5 Nov 08. I live in Gulfport and having it done at Oschners. Hope to meet up with alot of you soon. Any advice?

Just started my Pre-op diet today. It's not as bad as I exspected.

Morning: Protein Drink

Lunch: Lite normal lunch. Low fat; low calores, etc.

Supper: Protein Drink.

I should be able to handle that. The last week before my surgury date (Oct. 28th.) I'll become a "little" more strick.

I go to my Pre-op Education class tomarrow (Oct. 14th) and right after that go to the hospital to pre-register for something, maybe for the EGD on Weds. Tuesday night I'm going to the Support group meeting. It's going to be a very long day.

Weds (Oct. 15th) have my EGD, throut scope to make sure everything is ok down the pipes.

Thursday (Oct. 16th) go to Pre-op Nutrition counseling; after that have a meeting with the Surgeon (Dr. Cleveland).

No stopping me now,

Don

Hey YA'LL!!! I was banded 12/18/08, so I'm a newbie. Still having tons of discomfort, but I know "this too shall pass." Glad to see so many Mississippians here!

Banded 12/18/08 Dr. Avara Ocean Springs, MS

Hi Luckyjyn,

Glad to hear from you. It's been almost 2 months sence I have been Banded and I'm doing very good. Just had my 1st. fill on Dec 18th and can tell the differents. I'm having trouble with what they call "Head Hunger" but I'm working on overcoming that. It's not easy when I can eat just about anything now,but a lot less, and in the past could do that but in any amount, that's what got me this way being about 100 lbs over weight.

It's very easy to over come the band by eating alittle at a time longer that I should. With the fill I can over come that because it realy seems to make me feel full after eating just a little bit.

So far so good.

Don

Hi Don - CONGRATULATIONS!! Sounds like you are doing very good. I'm still at the freshly banded stage (4 days post-op) so I'm still on nothing but fluids. It sounds like you are aware of real hunger vs head hunger so you should do fine. I must say I woke up today without that softball stuck between my ribs feeling - THANK GOD:thumbup:! Now if I could just get rid of the shoulder pain I'd feel like a new woman!

Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Jayne

Banded 12/18/2008 - Dr. Avara Ocean Springs, MS

pre-surg - 262

surgery - 253

today - 248

Happy Holidays All.. May the day be memorable to all of you. Also, Happy New Year. May it bring us all, LESS WEIGHT.. :biggrin:

Howdy Ya'll,

I just had my 1st. fill on 12-18-08. After a couple of days I could realy tell that it's helping. Now I'm learning even more how to work "with" the band. My portians of food are getting smaller all the time. Even my plates are getting smaller. Sure is strange how little I'm eating now.

Down two more pounds. That made me feel good.

Good luck to every one in "2009".

Don

I'm still holding at 26 lbs down. I gain a couple lbs than lose it. Can't drop below 242 lbs. I have my next Doc's appt. Jan. 18th, I hope to lose a couple more lbs before than. I'm picking up on my excercizing more carful on what & how much I eat. I think I'm still eating too much.

I might need a 2nd fill.

I'll get there yet.

Don

PS: Has anyone asked for a DVD of thier operation?? I might do that my next appt.

Hang in there Don - this is a new way of life for all of us and we have to learn new habits. We will all cave at times, but then have to get up, dust ourselves off and get back with the program. Also I heard that it takes a few fills before you get to optimal restriction, so dont be so hard on yourself!

Well, I'm starting to get the hang of it; that is, how much to eat, when to eat and what to eat. It's amazing how much changing your live style it take. No matter how much you are told, you have to expereince it yourself to have it sink in.

One more pound down.:cool:

Don

Hello Mississippi bandsters!! I was banded 12/19/08 and have my first post-op appt 1/26 and hope to get my first fill then. I can't imagine what that will feel like, but I am ready for some restriction!! Once my swelling went down after surgery I have not had any restriction and I am not losing much weight. I have to learn to be more patient with this entire process!!