Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mississippi Bandsters!

Hi Cindy, I was also banded in Mexico two years ago next month. Dr Jose Rodriguez did mine in Acuna, Mexico. I did really well. Good Luck and welcome to Mississippi banded people!

Hi Cindy, I was also banded in Mexico two years ago next month. Dr Jose Rodriguez did mine in Acuna, Mexico. I did really well. Good Luck and welcome to Mississippi banded people!
Nice to meet you Betty Lue, I was banded in Juarez by Dr. Jose Rodriguez. I really liked the staff they were so wonderful. Who did your fills? Congrats on your weight loss your ticker says you have 1 pound to go. :thumbup::thumbup:

Glad to hear more people are being banded.

My turn has finaly came. :tongue2: CMMC has recieved their "Seal of Ecellents" from Medicare. I have my orientation on Monday (09-08-08). It will take about 3-4 hours. Now it's my turn to get nervous. It's been a long time coming, but it finally is happening.

Don

Hi,

I, too, was banded in Mobile, by Dr. Hannon. How are you? How's it going? I canceled my appointment this week, till the 18th, due to vacation and Gustov. Hope things are going well for you. D'

Glad to hear more people are being banded.

My turn has finaly came. :lol: CMMC has recieved their "Seal of Ecellents" from Medicare. I have my orientation on Monday (09-08-08). It will take about 3-4 hours. Now it's my turn to get nervous. It's been a long time coming, but it finally is happening.

Don

:lol: Congrats Don!!! I am so happy for you. I have been reading about you on the thread and it is your time, being nervous is just a part of it. I am 7 days post-op and I feel great. I am so glad I had this done.

Cindy:smile2:

PS: Here's the rest of the post I forgot to add. I post mostly on the 60+ thread.

Sorry to hear so many people are or were have trouble getting Banded.

CMMC has been approved by Medicare. I have my 1st. meeting on Monday (09-08-08). It is suppose to last about 3-4 hours. They were suppose to send me a letter to let me know, but have not recieved it yet. I found out from another hospital that this hospital was "OKed". That sure was a blessing because I still would not have heard about it. As soon as the OTHER hospital told me I called CMMC as soon as I hang up the phone. They said they had one opening left next monday. (Talk about the squeky wheel).

So there you have it, it's finaly my turn. :shades_smile:

Thank you for the Happy Birthday's, This could not have been a better Birthday present.

Don

PS: I have Medicare as my primary Ins. and Federal BC/BS as my secondary Ins. I was told this would take care of 100% of the cost. Time well tell.

Thank you Cindy; You being Banded just 7 days ago and feeling well is very incouraging.

Edited by skinnydippn42

Does Dr. Jose Rodriquez have a website?

you can read about him thru beliteweight.com that is how I researched him. :thumbup:

Rebrph, I sent this as a private message but not sure if I did it right. So I am posting it here. I live in the collierville area. I am going to be a self-pay for Lap Band because insurance wants to give hassle. I have considered Mexico, but I'm a little nervous. My fiance don't want me to go to Mexico. He's worried about the quality and safety. How was your experience? It has been a week now for you so how are you doing? How long did you have to stay in Mexico? Have you found anyone in this area to do your fills? That's my other concern will I be able to find someone to do my fills in Memphis or MS. Sorry for all the questions. I'm just glad I found someone who lives near my area that has been banded in Mexico.

Rebrph, My name is Denise. Thanks for the info the private message. Can you please the name, address and telephone number for the doctor in Tupelo.

Hi I have been banded by dr avara and he is great, him and his staff are wonderful. He knows what he is doing.

cheaper is not always better. Dr. Avara is the best, very very knowledgeable. I am also a nurse and we see a good bit of patients that are also using Avara. Think it over first. He is not that much more.

Denise, I used Dr. Sanchez in Monterrey, Mexico. He has passed away since then and Dr. Zapata runs it now. Their site is Ready4Achange.com. They were so nice to me and the city is beautiful. Surgery and vacation all in one. Check it out.

I just recieved a call this morning that:

1. Oct. 14th.: Going for the Education class; finding out what's going to happen;

2. Oct. 15th.: Scope down the throat to see what there is to see;

3. Oct. 16th.: See the Diatition than see the surgeon;

THAN.........

4. Oct. 28th.: is the Date of my LapBand Surgery.

That about says it all. Getting very excited.

Don