Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cindi's Sucess Story, 57 pounds so far gone!

I have TriWest, and I can't get over how easy this whole process has really been. Let me first start off with letting you know my whole process.

On March 3rd, I told my family doctor that I was thinking about doing the Lap-Band... she started the ball rolling for me. Also, I guess I should mention that she is my PCM, but an "off base" doctor. Had I said I wanted this on base I would of got a total different reaction.

On 3/17, I had my nutrition class.

On 3/27, I had my psyc eval.

On 3/31, I went to a support group, met other people with the band, and made up my mind I was going to do it.

On 4/16, I met Dr. Sufficool, who will be preforming my surgery. He seems great, and everyone I met at the support group loves him.

On 4/18, I had my physical (ekg, blood work and a chest xray).

On 4/24, my request was sent to Tricare.

On 4/26, I got the insurance approval email!!!

On 5/23, I had my surgery ;-)

On 6/2, I went back to work. I worked 2 half days, and then the rest of the week I worked a normal work week.

On 6/26, I had my first and only fill. I have opted not to have any more.

And here I am now, over 57 pounds lighter than my initial weigh-in/qualification on 4/16. Since the surgery, I've lost an average of 2.7 pounds per week. Two weeks prior to the surgery, I was on a 2 week all liquid fast. It wasn't easy, but it dropped some major weight. The 2 week all liquid fast was to shrink my liver making it easier for the Dr. to move it so he could perform the surgery laparoscopically. Overall, one of the best decisions I have made in my life.

I found that I have not made my self as tight with fills like others have. I like eating popcorn, corn, rice, shimp, etc., and find that I like to use willpower and good choices rather than PBing, which I never done. I have a 10cc band with only 5ccs in it. I take small portions and avoid bad things. I exercise when I think I might go over my allowed calories for the day. I am a lot more active than I used to be.

I use food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate (or LIVESTRONG.COM - Health, Fitness, Lifestyle) everyday and I document everything I eat on this website. I feel that this website has helped me 30%, the band 30% and me 40%. I think its the combination of all three that has made it work for me so far.

My Family Dr. thinks I should loose another 26 pounds and then I would be at a good weight. I am not that far away, and it feels great!

Cindi, Congratulations on your success. You are so cute! I like your attitude. I can tell that you are using the band in the way that works best for you. You're not getting lots of fills because 'everyone else is doing it.' That's the way to do it. I am at one week banded so I will use your attitude in the coming months. It is hard for me to imagine that I will actually be able to post one day that I have lost 57 pounds. Thanks for the inspiration.

I just wanted to give an update that I am nearly 80 pounds down now, and about 3ish pounds to go to my goal weight. ;-) Thanks!

You look amazing! Congrats!

I can't believe I ran into you on here! Tell Jenn I said "Hello".

Cindy

I sent you an email. :-)

Hi,

I just got banded on 12/31/2008. I was reading your sucess story and that is what I want to do too. I just want my fill and be able to eat the foods i like but reasonably. I admire what you have accomplished, and I too want to be like you and accomplish my weight loss. Before my 2 wk Protein diet I was weighing 257, then lost 13lbs on my surgery date. I feel I have probably lost more. I want to put be very commited to this new me, and I want to someday also be able to say my success story. I know that I made the right choice in having the Lapband and WANT to make it work. Your story inspired me and saw myself like you.

God Bless you always :thumbup:

Great work! I also have Triwest. I got my referral from the doctor on base without a problem. :cursing:

TriWest in this instance was AWESOME!! I had my surgery and 6 fills approved before I was even finished with the process the Dr had me go through. It was so easy!! My PCM is off post too. On post they tried to kill me so I got approval to go off.