Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jacole's story...

Ok, here we go! My story is the typical story I suppose. I was born fat, stayed fat all through childhood, and then into adulthood. When I was a freshman in high school, I was just shy of 300 lbs! I always just used the excuse that I was "big boned"! Thats how my family and I explained it away. My weight held me back from a lot. I was very shy and hated to be "in the spotlight" everywhere I went. One of my worst childhood memories was being at an amusement park and being denied entry into a ride because I exceeded the weight limit! I was crushed, and I will never forget that day. Well, about a year ago, my mom mentioned the lap band procedure to me. At first, I said "no way" but then it got me thinking. My mom explained her concerns for my health, and that each passing year, I just got bigger and bigger. I looked into it, and then a year later, I was approved! I am right smack in the middle of my journey right now....half way done! I have lost 77 lbs so far, and I have about 50 or 60 more to go. I love the band and I feel better knowing that I have this "tool" for life. It makes me feel empowered. I don't consider myself a success story just yet, but felt I needed to share my personal story. =)

You are definately a success story! Congratulations. You may not be where you want to be YET, but the important part is you are no longer where you were before.

Hi Jacole

Wow your weight loss has been absolutely fantastic in such a short time. I am just starting out on my journey was banded on 16th September and have lost 16lbs so far (although was told to throw my scales out). I am not going to weigh myself again until I get my band fill on 30th October.

Keep up the good work - I hope I'm as successful as you are.:tongue2:

Well, let me just tell you something ms. lady! You are a success story! You have done great! Dont ever think that you aren't a success yet. Give yourself some credit.

Hi, i was banded on October 1st, and has lost 16 lbs. I went to the dr today expecting my first fill. Not!!! He told me that i was doing really well and that i didnt need a fill! I was hot! I really think that i am eating too much but he says only if i didnt make the 5lb a month mark or gained a pound or two, then he would fill me. He also said that i didnt want to use all of my fill up on each visit, cause eventually i will run out and i wouldnt know where my accomplishments as far as eating were. So, dont be surprised if you dont get a fill. My dr. goes by the numbers not because i think i want a fill. lolol

Weigh to go Jacole! You are a beautiful lady even though you're still on your way to goal. Your eyes just sparkle! Keep up the good work!!!!

Hi Jacole, why not post some "after" pics? Way to go!

Congrats... Your story sounds the same as mine. We are the same height and started at the same weight. I was bandded on 9/2/08, so that puts me about 6 months behind you. I'm down 45lbs ao far, so I know I am on the right track. Your after pic is amazing. Keep up the great work and good luck with the goal.

Hi Jacole my name is Jacole too I had the surgery also about 4 years ago my pre opt weight was 292 and now I 148 and have ben this weight for the past 3 years just wanted to share that with you. by the way love your name lol

Jacole