Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September exercise challenge?

2 mile brisk walk with arm exercises with 2 lb weights. 30 minutes total.

I've been having probs with exercise lately...no matter how much I do low impact high impact, 1 mile...2 miles I end up weezing, coughing, short of breath, and chest tightness. I had an asthma test last week...and they told me I was definetly having asthma symptoms during the test but I wouldn't know for sure until my clearance appt with my pulmonologist. So I guess I have to wait for September 25th to see if I need an inhaler etc. I think I do.

2 mile brisk walk with arm exercises with 2 lb weights. 30 minutes total.

I've been having probs with exercise lately...no matter how much I do low impact high impact, 1 mile...2 miles I end up weezing, coughing, short of breath, and chest tightness. I had an asthma test last week...and they told me I was definetly having asthma symptoms during the test but I wouldn't know for sure until my clearance appt with my pulmonologist. So I guess I have to wait for September 25th to see if I need an inhaler etc. I think I do.

froggi - have you tried stationary bike or elliptical?

not sure if you belong to a Y or gym - but if your "walking" outside, and have symptoms of asthma....maybe taking your exercising inside would be of help. if not a gym member - there are some DVD's that are "walking ones".

not going to let you slide on the exercise - you got a leg up w/your banding very soon......trial/error - have to find what works best. here for you.....cheers,

lulu

I am exercising indoors. Still too hot outside for exercising lol. The only equipment I have is a cardioglide. I dunno if you know exactly what that is. You use your arms and legs and pull all your weight. Sort of. Works all the muscles. Even when I do that I have the coughing fits and such. I always thought it was just normal for it to happen...but since my test I feel like maybe the whole time it was asthma.

Monday night: 35 minute/3.6 mile run on treadmill

Tuesday morning: leg workout

50 minutes on elliptical

15 min./1.6 mile run on treadmill

This morning: 55 minutes on elliptical

today -

had intentions of running, but just wasn't up for it when i got to the gym. took a yoga class instead, must be the rain.:biggrin:

Tuesday night:

5 minute warm up walk

20 minutes of week #2 again (I wussed out at the 3 minutes of running in week #3, so I am re-doing week #2.) :biggrin:

5 minute warm down (?)

Then, 10 minutes of stretches.

I get really hot and red-faced when I exercise, so it takes a long time to warm down. We have gym at work, but I can't use it because I'd be all icky at my desk for hours. A mini-goal is be able to exercise and not get all red and sweaty.

Does that come with losing weight?

A mini-goal is be able to exercise and not get all red and sweaty.

Does that come with losing weight?

not really - i get very red/purple faced when doing a hard workout, and i sweat...i sweat a LOT, especially running outside (TX heat). it would be hard to go back to work w/out proper shower & such on hard workout days..

Yeah...I take all the newbies on the tour here and everytime I go into the gym (open 24 hours) it's full of hard-core people. I ride the van pool, so I can go before/after work, and I hate not taking advantage of it. It's just not practical for me.

Oh, well...I have a neighborhood and a treadmill - so no excuses!

Getting sweaty and red/purple-faced means you are doing good and burning calories! :biggrin:

Getting sweaty and red/purple-faced means you are doing good and burning calories! :biggrin:

I read somewhere a while ago that the better shape you are in cardio-wise, the more you tend to sweat. I know for me, by the time I get done with an hour of cardio, my shirt, shorts and socks feel like I've been in a pool rather than running.

Good to know...I guess. Actually, I have noticed that I've been sweating more since starting exercising. I guess there's something to that.

Tonight: week #2 of c25k...I'm also going to try to push a little harder to do something else. I feel like collapsing after the running, but it feels so good!

Maybe weights. I have 5lb weights that I bought, but don't use. I'll tell myself I will and report back in tomorrow.

Yeah I didn't used to sweat very much when exercising now It pours off my forehead! It's ew but I feel so wonderful after exercising...besides the part where I am wheezing and junk like i posted before.

I DID IT! Okay, tonight, I came home and went swimming at my mother's. I did laps until I was sweaty, and then we played around. It's weird sweating in the Water. :omg_smile:

Then, on the way home, I was thinking, "Ahhh...I'm tired...I don't want to run tonight...I'll run tomorrow..." But, then I came home and just changed into my workout clothes - without even thinking about it.

And DH asked, "are you getting on the treadmill?" I said, "YEP! I guess I am."

And, I beat my record. My fastest run time (don't laugh) before was 17.42 minutes for one mile. Tonight it was 16.39. I am on cloud nine!!! I can't believe it!!!! I beat my record, after not even wanting to do it!!!

that is awesome glouc!!!

i said the other day - add a bit more each time & you'd be surprised what your able to do. i am so happy for you!!!

did 2 mile brisk walk with arm exercises the whole time with 2 lb weights. 45 minutes total. coughed and wheezed the whole time. fun fun lol