Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 Month Stats  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 9 Month Stats

• 1-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-89
    • 90-109
    • 110-119
    • 120-129
    • Over 130

everyone is doing so great and dont worry about how fast or slow you lose just remember its a roadway to becoming healthy!!! great job all:thumbup:

Wow, Shelly, 99 pounds?! That's amazing! Congratulations!!!

I want to start out by saying I LOVE MY BAND. Yes, it is hard work but I get so many high's from losing that I am still willing to continue working hard. I just returned from a 16 cruise on Crystal and I pretty much ate what I wanted (but band kept portions quite small) and I lost 2.8 pounds while on the trip.

The biggest thing that has happened so far is that today I made it to Onderland which I had originally set a goal of August 1 to get there. I plateaued along the way and did not get discouraged. I am disappointed that I cannot get my tickers to update to the correct numbers today. I am down 70 pounds now since surgery and 137 pounds total since I started this weight loss journey.

I am still in shock - 198 pounds. I haven't been there in many years.

Alsobrook. . . you are at a plateau? You couldn't prove it by ME! Yea! I'm hoping for my third fill on Thursday . . . I'm on a plateau of a couple months!

I'm scheduled for a "fill" on Tuesday, but haven't had a fill since May. I had a small un-fill in the end of July, and now that I've really been thinking about it...maybe I don't need a fill to get me to lose weight again. I think I actually need more taken out. I've been reflecting on what I've been eating and realized that I'm eating the semi-solids on a regular basis, rather than eating good foods. I think that maybe I'll have more potential to lose weight if I get myself back on track and eating a square meal than getting a fill.

Is anyone else struggling with whether or not to get a fill? I'm just so baffled by this whole band thing. I don't know anyone who can truly tell me what the proper fill should feel like--my surgeon tries, but he's never really felt it. He's just giving me 2nd hand info. I've been pushing the same 5 pounds up and back for about a month despite working out and--I thought--eating well. I'm getting enough Protein and enough calories....but I'm hungry about an hour or 2 after I'm finished eating. I think it may be because I haven't had the ability to eat the volume I need to truly keep me satiated. Help!! Does this sound likely? (Incidentally, it's now my TOM and I can't keep anything down. I'm definitely now down those 5 I've been struggling with....) Suggestions, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I have my appointment on Tuesday morning but haven't been in since end of July.

Thanks in advance! :girl_hug:

I am confused I see my Dr on the 25th and I dont know If I should get a fill or an unfill. I dont always make the best food choices...which make me PB and slime. I know what is causeing it. So I think I should not get a fill untill I get it under control myself. But their are days I can eat like a pig and days I cant eat much at all. My fickle band.I am still losing...just super slow.

I'm headed to the doctor now--actually, am in the waiting room! I haven't been able to eat most raw veggies or more than a one inch square piece of meat in a long time. I try, but it comes right back at me. So it's not just that I make bad food choices, I'm pushed to eat whatever goes down---usually high in sodium Soup, mashed potatoes, etc. Nothing of any nutritional value.

Cerrin, I'll let you know what my surgeon says today! :smile:

Nine months today...where does the time go. I'm down 63lbs. Had a little drama yesterday. For the second time in a month I needed a slight unfill. I don't know whats happening, but 2 weeks after a small, small fill ( .2cc's ) I get sooo tight that even Water gets stuck. Nighttime was the worst with heartburn and reflux.

They wanted to see exactly what was going on so I did a swallow study. You know, thick, chalky stuff and watched it get stuck in the band. They couldn't even finish the test because after 2 sips I was FULL up to the top. The band was perfectly placed. Whewwww!!

The PA took out .4 of the 1.4 I had in and I felt immediate relief. No more gurgling and burping. This happened last month around the same time. Just before we evacuated for hurricane Gustav. All the fill was removed then and since I couldn't get back in town for my appt....I waited 2 weeks and gained 6 lbs. Yikes! Eating meals at gas stations and fast food joints along the evacuation route is not band friendly eating. Lucky for me that 6lbs came off quick and took 3 of its friends with it.

I can't wait for our 1 year Bandversary. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of all the Merry Losers before and after.

I was hoping to make 70lb on the 9mth anniversary, which would have been exactly half of the 140lb I had to lose in exactly half of the 18mth plan that I am trying to follow. Didn't quite get there, but who's going to quibble over a pound or two eh? I'll get there in the end!

Ok, didn't make it by the anniversary, but made it by my birthday last week and it's still September so it counts! :bolt:

Today is my nine months & I'm down 107 lbs. The weight is still coming off, but only 1-3 lbs every 1-2 weeks. I also haven't started working out yet, only a little jogging here & there. But yeah, I hope everyone is doing well!