Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricare Denial..REVERSED!!

JWRN, Wow, 25lbs. That is fantastic. Congratulations. I'm glad your feeling better after everything you have been thru. What size band did they use for you?

Restless, Thanks for the info on the bands. I guess if I ever get approved I will know what size they use when I wake up. I'm going to Maui the first part of next June and would love to look decent in a bathing suit.

HeloPenny, I thought for sure I would be approved but they did not include my sleep study in the paperwork that was submitted to Tricare. I hope that makes a difference in the appeal. Good luck on your surgery.

Maggie:shades_smile:

HeloPenny, I thought for sure I would be approved but they did not include my sleep study in the paperwork that was submitted to Tricare. I hope that makes a difference in the appeal. Good luck on your surgery.

Thank you. I hope your appeal goes well for you too.

They did say 100+ lbs and a co-morbidity. My Doctor said that Sleep Apnea was one. Which I have and Tricare dishes out $$$ every month for my CPAP and supplies.

Hi All, I just called Triwest because my referral was not showing on line today. I talked to a woman named Carla and she told me that I have been APPROVED for the lapband surgery. I won't believe it until I see it in writing. She said it must of been approved today, because the letter has not been sent out yet. I also asked her why the referral is not showing on line today. She said it could be because it is in the process of being updated. Wow, is it to good to be true??????????????Maggie:shades_smile::smile::shades_smile::frown::shades_smile::cool2::shades_smile:

I did what you said and I called Triwest again and talked to a different person and YES, she said I was APPROVED today. So maybe it is true.....

Maggie:tt1:

CONGRATS MAGGIES! That is wonderful! When will you possibly be banded?

Today has been a good day for 2 TriCare patients, let's hope for 3! :smile:

Hi All, I just called Triwest because my referral was not showing on line today. I talked to a woman named Carla and she told me that I have been APPROVED for the lapband surgery. I won't believe it until I see it in writing. She said it must of been approved today, because the letter has not been sent out yet. I also asked her why the referral is not showing on line today. She said it could be because it is in the process of being updated. Wow, is it to good to be true??????????????Maggie:shades_smile::frown::shades_smile::cool2::shades_smile::w00t::shades_smile:

I HOPE it's true I'm really tired of crossing my eyes! :smile:

LOL in my heart you're a bandster, it is going to be nice for reality to catch up! :tt2:

Yeah!!! See, and you wanted to give up (I did too when I first got denied). Now to get Karina's approval!! :smile::frown: I missed it..who was the other approval today?

Edited by JWRN

Thanks everyone for the encourgement to keep trying, I just hope it is really true. Ok, Restless, you can uncross your eyes, I think It WORKED.:smile: I'm just having a hard time believeing it. My surgeons office closes at 12 on Fridays, and that was what time I called Triwest, so I won't know anything until Monday after nine. It seems like I am always waiting on something. You won't believe what I just did, don't tell anybody. I just went and had pizza, and now am eating vanilla wafers. I'm calling it my last supper, I hope... Maggie:shades_smile:

Have something carbonated for me, ok? I'm so happy! :smile:

I did the same thing when I found out! I celebrated by eating fillet mignon and then pizza the next day...then I got on the preop diet. They (my surgeon's office) told me about my approval about a day or 2 before it showed up on the website.

Restless, Hows Rootbeer sound? I hope it ends here with the pizza. I don't want to gain anymore just to have to lose it. Why does these things always come about on Fridays? I hope they can get me in for banding quickly. Wow, please let it be true. Maggies:shades_smile:

You need to change your little tricare status.

Hi All, I just called Triwest because my referral was not showing on line today. I talked to a woman named Carla and she told me that I have been APPROVED for the lapband surgery. I won't believe it until I see it in writing. She said it must of been approved today, because the letter has not been sent out yet. I also asked her why the referral is not showing on line today. She said it could be because it is in the process of being updated. Wow, is it to good to be true??????????????Maggie:shades_smile::smile::shades_smile::frown::shades_smile::cool2::shades_smile:

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! :tt2:

I called Triwest yesterday and I got a very nice lady on the phone and she felt sorry for me and told me she was going to have someone calling me to give me a better update. This morning I got a phone call from Triwest and I was so happy thanking the person on the phone for getting back to me. Well, this lady felt really bad because she was calling me to tell me about my options about depression(she is from menthal health). Of course I told her ALL my depression is TRIWEST's fault and unless I get approved there is NOTHING they can do for my. She felt REALLY bad and so far NOBODY called me. They tell me I will get an answer by Nov 8th.

:w00t:

Nov 8th? I know I was worried they would think I was a crazy person when I called 2 times daily!!:smile: