Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help im on a 10 day clear liquid diet and im struggling..ive found myself eating a small meal at dinner because i cant function im hungry and weak...i hope this doesnt make them postpone my surgery ill be crushed ive made it this far and ill be so upset if this is my downfall....please help me!!!:)

I need help im on a 10 day clear liquid diet and im struggling..ive found myself eating a small meal at dinner because i cant function im hungry and weak...i hope this doesnt make them postpone my surgery ill be crushed ive made it this far and ill be so upset if this is my downfall....please help me!!!:)

I wish you the best. I haven't started my 2 week diet, but I am sure I will feel the same way. Try to be strong, it will be worth it in the long run.

It messed mine up. My doc had me on a preop diet to shrink my liver and I was hungry and lost 15 but ate things he didn't tell me I could....and I came to postop on 8/11 to find out he couldn't place the band because my liver was too fatty.

I know I'm in the minority but I sure learned the hard way to do what my doc said to do! I suggest calling your doc tomorrow, fessing up, and seeing if he thinks it will hurt you or not. It's better to be safe and it's totally possible he'll tell you "ok". Hang in there...

ckelly, I'm so sorry you've been put on such a restrictive diet. Ten days on a clear liquid diet sounds extreme. I would definitely call your doctor tomorrow and ask about adding some Protein (ie lean turkey breast) and/or non-starchy green vegetables. If the answer is a resounding "no", then I think the best bet would be to follow the diet as closely as you can.

You have to follow what your doctor says. If you are having problems speak to him. You are definitely not allow anything but clear liquids 48 hours before surgery. You can do this.

Good luck

ckelley: what are you doing for Protein? make sure you're getting at least 60 grams -- it really, really keeps the hunger at bay.

clear liquid suggestins: IDS Protein bullets, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury or Optifast protein Soups (in chicken Soup flavor), nectar Protein powder.

do not cheat on your diet. it will cause y our surgery to be a. riskier or b. not possible.

before you eat something other than what's on your diet, call your surgeon's office and ask for help. talk to the nutritionist. they can make suggestions to help you combat your hunger.

also, are you sure you are supposed to be on CLEAR liquids and not just liquids?

Be strong you can do it. I did 2 weeks liq then three more weeks liq and now post op 4 more weeks of liq- its hard but this is part of the process for healing and you can do it.

You are definitely not allow anything but clear liquids 48 hours before surgery.

This has no bearing on ckelly's issue, but there's such a range of pre-op diets from no diet required to the very restrictive, which sounds like what the ckelly has been prescribed. I have no clear liquid requirement prior to surgery. I just can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight prior to surgery.

10 DAY OF CLEAR LIQUIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ouch!!! I was only on 2 days of clear liquids and it was bad enough. Honestly, the crap you have to drink the day before surgery will clean out ANYTHING you have eaten.

Good luck, it WILL be worth it. I will pray for you.

The liquid diet is not easy . . . but keep your eye on goal (your surgery date). I found the first three days of the liquid diet the hardest :thumbup: so I drank a lot of Water and/or crystal light inbetween the Protein Shakes I was allowed to have. sleep and good book also helped to take my mind off eating. Sip liquids and read something really good and exciting. You know the kind of book that you just can't put down :party:

After the first few days . . . it got easier . . . hang in there . . . you can do it!

weight.png

Thank u all for ur suggestions and support...im doing a little better today the slimfast is going down easier and im drinkin crystal light and eating Jello to stop the hunger...im also exercising to help the process..5 more days and it will be over the band will be placed!! To comment on Re: Struggling

if you cant do this how are you going to make through clear liquids after banding

summer fall goal70582.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

sigpic25436_3.gif

:party: I feel that when the band is placed ur stomach is smaller and liquids will be easier to handle..im sure im not the only who has struggled with there pre liquid diet. But thanx for ur vote of confidence on thinking i wont make it i appreciate it!! to everyone else thanx for the support

user_online.gifreport.gif

if you cant do this how are you going to make through Clear Liquids after banding

This seemed very harsh to me :party: If we were perfect we wouldn't be in this situation now would we... he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that.... but seriously... WE beat ourselves up enough and get verbally abused by thinnies we don't need to come on here and get it from fatties too!

Hey I'm sorry guys I've got pms and my band has gotten so tight I'm starved..anyways I should have been more tactful and what I meant to say is try to get your head right before banding because it might take several fills before u get enough restriction to curb your hunger..and the time right after banding is so important because your band has to heal in place...so work on nuturing yourself in diff ways such as get your hair done and nails done do anything to keep your spirits up and away from the fridge...

Good luck you'll be fine I kno u can do it...sorry again for my pms crazy post