Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best One-Year Anniversary NSV

OK, so I go in to donate blood, riyhh?

As I'm answering all the questions (what the hell IS babesiosis, anyway?), I see a big poster on the wall for O+ donors to consider "2x" red cell donations--so I asked.

It's apheresis (30 minute procedure instead of 10-minute procedure), and you get credit for two donations instead of one, so maybe I get my 10-gallon pin in this lifetime.

So I say, "Sign me up!"

Nurse doesn't move, doesn't even shift in her seat. She mmm-hmmm's me, as only Southern women can, and says,

"You have to be at least 5'5", (which I am),

"and you must weigh at least 150 lbs" (pauses here to look over her glasses at me, as only Southern women can),

"
and we WILL weigh you first
".

So: not only am I TOO LITTLE to donate, I'm OBVIOUSLY too little to donate. :smile:

Happy dance! Happy dance!

:wink2: :tt1:

lessnless,

It sure is a good feeling isn't it....................

I do give platelets monthly and I got my 4 gallon pin the last time that I was there. Because of my weight and my height it takes me 96 mins. to donate a single but that is okay because I am there to donate my time and of course there to help save a life.

We are healthier now so we have a long time of living to do.

Josephine

WOW Lessnless,

What an NSV that was!! You must feel fabulous!! Congrats!:):biggrin:

:cry_smile:Ok... best One-Year Anniversary ....

Not Quite.

I woke up 1 week ago Saturday with absolutely no restriction.. I actually was at a county fair and could eat fried dough.. I knew immediately something was way wrong.

After seeing my Surgeons' associate.. he said I had 2cc instead of the orginal 6.75.. No wonder I could eat a Big Mac if I wanted.

Well, I will call and speak to my surgeon on Tuesday when he is back from his vacation..

They think I have a SLOW leak near the post site..

SLOW, my ass.. the next morning I could eat everything again..

I need to try and keep this monster at bay till I get this fixed or I could gain ALL my weight back.

Cookies are the devil.. Ice Cream is the devil... Junk food is the devil...

wish me luck all, I will keep you posted.

Maggie:mad:

:cry_smile:Ok... best One-Year Anniversary ....

Not Quite.

I woke up 1 week ago Saturday with absolutely no restriction.. I actually was at a county fair and could eat fried dough.. I knew immediately something was way wrong.

After seeing my Surgeons' associate.. he said I had 2cc instead of the orginal 6.75.. No wonder I could eat a Big Mac if I wanted.

Well, I will call and speak to my surgeon on Tuesday when he is back from his vacation..

They think I have a SLOW leak near the post site..

SLOW, my ass.. the next morning I could eat everything again..

I need to try and keep this monster at bay till I get this fixed or I could gain ALL my weight back.

Cookies are the devil.. Ice Cream is the devil... Junk food is the devil...

wish me luck all, I will keep you posted.

Maggie:mad:

Maggie -

I am sorry to hear about the leak. When can they fix it? Try to stay to the Proteins and you will stay full longer. I should practice what I preach but it's the truth. Good luck and keep us posted.

lessnless....that's a GREAT NSV. Thanks for sharing.

I'm O+ and have NEVER 'yet' been able to donate blood!! Seems like every time I try to I'm either post-op (or back in the day was breastfeeding!) or on meds that prevented it. The one time I DID get close enough to even get pricked my blood FLOATED and they turned me away. (They did give me a tee-shirt anyhow because I was crying I wanted to donate so bad!)

I'm thinking about trying again...

...before I get too thin.

:)

That's great lessnless!

I can't wait until I'm even 150lbs. It's been really slow going for me. However, I do have a NSV too.

My work does an Employee Appreciation Day for us at Lake Compounce Amusement Park. I went last month with one of my co-workers who had the gastric bypass 2 weeks after I had my lapband just over a year ago. Anyway, when we went before our surgeries last year to the park we couldn't fit on any of the rides except for the Ferris Wheel. In which we were afraid of exceeding the weight limit with the two of us plus 3 girls under the age of 12.

Well, this year we were sooooo excited like a couple of kids because we were in fact smaller than last year. The true test was the flying swings. We got in line and waited to get on. The gate opens and we go running in (yes, I said running) with the rest of them and picked out our seats. WE FIT!!!!!! :thumbup:Not loosely, mind you but we weren't stuffed sausages if you know what I mean.

So I guess even if the scale isn't moving the inches still are. It would just be nice to see the scale move too.

WE FIT!!!!!! :thumbup:Not loosely, mind you but we weren't stuffed sausages if you know what I mean.

So I guess even if the scale isn't moving the inches still are. It would just be nice to see the scale move too.

Yay!!! I love that feeling! I ask for a BOOTH every time we eat out now -- just cause I can. Some places I couldn't get in them at all, some were just super tight. Now I can fit in them all. And I've still got a lot to lose!

And -- I'm flying next month -- I won't have to ask for a seatbelt extender!!!! WHOO-HOO!!!

That is an awesome NSV!!!

When we're out in public I'm constantly asking my boyfriend "Am I bigger than that girl?" "Is that girl skinnier than me?"

It's hard sometimes to see ourselves in our new bodies and getting some outside validation is always nice!!

____

Maggie - Make sure your doctor does every test in the book. To *me* a SLOW leak is not restriction one day and nothing the next.

Port replacement seems like a pretty minor procedure. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Hey guys...

back to my old banded self... YEAH!!!

the replacement of the port was super easy. I didn't even need general anesthesia.. just lots of local...

Had my first fill last week and I am on the way to watching the scale go down again.

Yes, I did gain back 10 lbs during my 4 week "off" time...

Wow,

I ate everything I could, and you know a few bites were usually enough.

I could of really gone crazy but tried to control myself.

still have about 25 lbs to go..

maggie

Hey guys...

back to my old banded self... YEAH!!!

the replacement of the port was super easy. I didn't even need general anesthesia.. just lots of local...

Had my first fill last week and I am on the way to watching the scale go down again.

Yes, I did gain back 10 lbs during my 4 week "off" time...

Wow,

I ate everything I could, and you know a few bites were usually enough.

I could of really gone crazy but tried to control myself.

still have about 25 lbs to go..

maggie

Congratulations Maggie!! I am really glad to hear it. Now join me in a holiday weight loss challenge, will ya?? I would love to get everyone to post more.

Way to go, lessNless! Congratulations on being too little! Looking forward to getting there myself.