Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Video of your Lapband surgery

The nurse offered me a copy of my surgery, everything was recorded as seen through the laparoscope. I was interested what my insides looked like and took the offer. Very interesting to see things in there and what exactly what the doctor did. Some parts I couldn't figure out what they were....or if it was just fat.

Anyone else able to view their surgery? Or would you want to if given the chance?

It does come in handy when I want to clear the kids out of the room! Just put that on and they run in all directions.

Wow that's cool. I would love to have a copy of my surgery. I will have to ask during my next visit.

I specifically asked for a copy of the video - I've had other laparoscopic surgery and knew they'd have one available. It's cool. Not all those globs of fat in there, but the way the knots are tied - neat! I was amazed how much room there was in there ... until I remembered how much gas I had after surgery and how much they had blown me up in order to create all that room! :rolleyes:

Coming from someone who loves surgery shows, I'd be all over that. get one!

And it would be even better to show it to your kid's dates. Better than showing them your gun collection.

Showing the videos to my kids dates sounds like a great approach. I always just told them I couldnt show them my guns because the parole board said I couldnt have any so I kept them hidden along with the bodies!

The nurse offered me a copy of my surgery, everything was recorded as seen through the laparoscope. I was interested what my insides looked like and took the offer. Very interesting to see things in there and what exactly what the doctor did. Some parts I couldn't figure out what they were....or if it was just fat.

Anyone else able to view their surgery? Or would you want to if given the chance?

It does come in handy when I want to clear the kids out of the room! Just put that on and they run in all directions.

That would be the coolest. video. ever!! I wish I had thought to ask for a copy of mine!!

I'm glad to hear that these are generally available. I saw one online last year and it really encouraged me to go forward with it. I'm shooting for November if insurance comes through, and I'll be sure to ask for the video.

If you're interested just how it's done go to YouTube and look up Live lapband Surgery - Kansas

I told my husband that if I'm going to do this thing I need to know exactly what they do :thumbup:

Have to admit I would like to see my own surgery as I know they are going to have to repair a hyatle hernia at the same time and want to see what's going to be causing that additional discomfort.

Good luck to all.

If you're interested just how it's done go to YouTube and look up Live lapband Surgery - Kansas

I told my husband that if I'm going to do this thing I need to know exactly what they do :frown:

Have to admit I would like to see my own surgery as I know they are going to have to repair a hyatle hernia at the same time and want to see what's going to be causing that additional discomfort.

Good luck to all.

I don't know what to say...intresting.....:redface: