Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

If all goes well and testing goes ok,my surgery date is Oct. 14. Everybody keep your fingers crossed. I have already received insurance approval.

My surgery date is 10/14/08 as well. My fingers are crossed for you.:embaressed_smile:

I just thought I would pop in and say I am no longer a smashing pumkin. My surgery was just moved up to next week! OMG!

GOOD LUCK! I guess you are now a September Samurai!

:embaressed_smile:

bimbabe, thanks for the fingers crossed. we need to keep in touch since we are banding on the same day. Are you ready and excited

bimbabe, thanks for the fingers crossed. we need to keep in touch since we are banding on the same day. Are you ready and excited

I am sooooo absolutely excited!! I have not done any "shopping", you know like the Vitamins, Protein shakes, etc...I will probably do that this weekend. How about you>>>:)

I am sooooo absolutely excited!! I have not done any "shopping", you know like the Vitamins, Protein shakes, etc...I will probably do that this weekend. How about you>>>:)

Jumping in...I haven't either; we need to gets with the program, ladies!

I have not had my dietary consult yet so I really do not even know what to buy. I was going to google liquid diet to see exactly what that involves. I just wish it was here, I am ready to start this new adventure and put this weight to rest for good.

You might also want to look in LBT's "food and nutrition" thread. :)

Edited by SickNTired

I have received approval and my surgery date is 7 October. Pre-op 26 Sept and meet with the surgeon on 3 Oct. I was wondering, what is everyone doing to prepare for the surgery? I have an urge to empty my cupboards and fridge since I won't really be eating afterward. Although, I don't really know that since I won't see the nutritionist til my pre-op. I don't know what my pre or post op diet will be so I can't prepare that way - its making me very anxious. I tried to make a to do list tonight but could only think to make sure I'm stocked up on toilet paper and cat food. I've got a decent supply of Atkins shakes but they go quite quickly. Honestly, I'm not just anxious, I'm sort of on the verge of panic - its unreal to me that I am actually going to do this and having a date makes denial impossible.

pandorasmom, I am from ky also. where are you having your surgery at. I am having my surgery on oct 14, and do not know what type of preop diet I will be on for sure. Do some self talk for that panic feeling. From all my reseach it seems more people are happy to have had the surgery then not. So we need to be happy and hopeful that this is a great thing. At this point with myself even a little bit of weight loss will do a ton of good.

I had paperwork submitted Monday, determined eligibility Tuesday, sent the approval Weds and I'm on the books for surgery on Oct 21st! I might be out of all the yucky foods in time for Thanksgiving! YAHOOO! I didn't think my approval would come that fast!!

took me forever,had to go 6 month diet missed a month then another 5 months,now they say im approve because its nessiacry.tg,ive cryhed and been happy in the last month just cant wait,oct 20th,yesssssssssss my birthdays oct13 so its a great month