Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

why is it that peaches screw me up so bad. Incredablly RIPE, SOFT peaches? I even try to watch the skins and chew, but I think they are one of those foods I have to put on my "Can't Eat" list

Julieann, first off comgratulations on your incredible wt loss, that is awesome!!!!

Second, did you try peeling the peach? Peach and pear skins are not possible for me to digest, but if I peel them I can enjoy the fruit. And this is a great peach season!!!! Best wishes.

Mimi

Julie Ann--you are doing so wonderful!!! Sadly, I have not been able to completely figure out what foods I can and can't have. For instance, last night I ate a couple nibbles of broccoli (just the top), two spoonfulls of mac/cheese, and about 4-5 bites of grilled pork chop chewed well. I threw up...not just a PB IMO. Anyway, I'm not sure if it was the OJ I drank before dinner or the food itself?? Sigh.

Just wanted to check in to say that, after a three month "stall", I am now losing again!!! I had some major stress during that time, but the surgeon reminded me that, even though I wasn't losing, I wasn't gaining either! Amen.

I'm in a training group to run a 5k in September (may not be quite ready then...we'll see) and am LOVING it!

Keep going everyone...

~~anne

There aren't too many things I can't eat:frown: as long as I chew well and SLOW DOWN. That's the hardest thing for me. I notice that I don't get stuck as often in the a.m., but almost every lunch (and most dinners) after the first few bites I have to put my fork down and wait. And sometimes go to the bathroom & PB:eek:. Never good. But once I do that, it seems that the rest of my meal goes down easily.

My poor husband asks all the time, with a worried look on his face, "are you alright?" I try very hard to slow down in the beginning of a meal, but it's a hurdle. When we went away last week, our hostess made grilled jumbo shrimp. They were really good. But, wow! I felt funny excusing myself from the table just after the meal began and so I sat there for about 10+ minutes waiting for this stuck shrimp to go down. My hostess asked me if I was alright. I had to excuse myself finally. I'd taken 4 shrimp -- and when I got back I slipped one to my husband's plate. But I was able to eat the remaining 2. I was afraid that my hostess would think I didn't like what she had prepared.

It's funny how some of the things I think will really get stuck don't (steak for instance - as long as it's tender and medium rare) and my tuna salad does (at lunch).

Glad to see everyone progressing. Just bought a size 16 dress on line - I have 2 parties to go to -- one in August & one over Labor Day. Hope it fits!!!

I have heard some people say that it helps them open up if they take a few sips of warm liquids. I think I am tighter at night than the morning. Kind of a switch from what you usually hear about.

The band is the Queen and we must obey the queen!

Hi everyone -

Gee, it's been forever since I posted. I thought I'd check in.

I tried to go it alone, and discovered I don't really have what it takes to do that yet. So, I'm back to checking the boards and counting my calories and stepping on a scale and getting motivated to stay on track. After an off month in June, I bounced back and lost 6 in July.

I've made it into a size 14, which is pretty exciting. I seriously can't remember the last time I wore a 14 - maybe high school some time? Next week I'm taking my daughter to get some dance photos taken and I'm planning on finally getting a new photo taken of the two of us. I'll try to remember to post it when I get it back.

Hope everyone is having a happy and productive summer. Keep up the good work!

Karen

Hi Everyone

I have not posted on this thread in ages but i only have 7 pounds to goal! Damn its hard but i am getting there, i am in a uk size 10 which i think is a us size 8?

I love my band!

x

Hi Everyone

I have not posted on this thread in ages but i only have 7 pounds to goal! Damn its hard but i am getting there, i am in a uk size 10 which i think is a us size 8?

I love my band!

x

That is amazing to almost be at goal. Great job. I am jealous and proud of you!!!

LoveIslovely - Congratulations on being so close to your goal. You look great!

I'm thinking now that I set my goal wrong - I've always known I needed to lose more than 100, but was afraid to think that far ahead. Now that it looks like I'm going to make it, I'm going to treat the 100 as a first goal and make a new one when I get there.

10 pounds away from goal!! Im at 168 pounds :scared2: I am so happy!!! Here is apic of me today, heading out to work :tt1:

I am so jealous Lovely! You are doing great. I went on a plateau and then tried matenance. I am back from vacation and trying to get back to losing. Great job and keep up the great work!

Well I am going to post this here and in my blog. I want to put this out to all of you because you are in the same step in this long journey that I am.

I have really been having a hard time. June 27th was my lowest weight. I might have hit it one other time. I weigh about 3 lbs more than that. I maintained my weight for a few weeks, actually about a month before my vacation. I gain 3 lbs on vacation and lost it since I got back.

I know this is all great. I guess it is. That is what I would tell most people. My probelm is that I have lost that edge that I gained with this decision. I am still working out 3-6 days a week. Good work outs and I am really happy with how I am doing at the gym. My problem is what I am eating. I do pretty well and then I do something to really screw it up. Ice cream, Cookies, popcorn. ugh! I used to not have any problem passing it up. Now I can't see to say no. I wonder if I just need to purge my system of the carbs or be less happy with my weight.

I lost my restriction on my vacation. I ate a pretzel and homeade pizza dough. Now you all know that I shouldn't be able to eat that. So I realize that my restriction is gone. I do still have appetite supression which is SO important. I have been able to eat too much. I haven't been pushing my limits, but I don't get full very fast. Before vacation I have had to really watch what I eat and take very small bites so I was afraid that I was too tight, but now I am starting to doubt that was the fact. I think I just need to be more careful about what I eat and the bites I take.

I think I am going to call my doctor tomorrow for an appt. My doctor is 7 hours away. It sucks to go that far and I haven't been there since April. I guess that is what I need to do.

Any advice from any Smashing Pumpkins? All comments welcome!

Edited by julie.ann

you do need more restriction...I wasn't losing, and was pretty satisfied as I had LOTS of stress, was not exercising, and was not gaining. I finally decided I was done with that, got back to exercising (some), and got a fill. I CAN'T eat pizza now or I'll PB and I HATE that :-). I just got below 200, am losing slowly, but am okay with that.

Hope you get your fill and can get back to it. It's too big a blessing to give up.

Hugs!

~~anne

I'm thinking I need another fill too. Haven't had a fill since March - but I've been losing slowly. I love my band. Just got back from vacation and lost 1/2 pound. That NEVER happened before. For exercise, all I did was play golf, walk on the beach and play tennis (that was the biggy -And I beat my husband!!!!!:blink:)

Did I say, I love my band? Starting boot camp again next week.

Yeah Lovely - you rock! Congrats on being so close to goal.

Oh, and I had a NSV last week. I bought a new dress for a party (pre-band I was a size 20). First of all, when I went to try on dresses, I stood in the dressing room AFRAID to try on "regular" size clothing.:w00t: I haven't been shopping in so many years, chosing to buy from catalogs where I'm annoymous. Anyway, the sales lady brought in size 16's and I thought they would never work! But it did - they all fit easily!!:sneaky: Then, because they didn't have the dress I wanted in my size, it was ordered from another store. In the meantime, the sales person had a size 14 shipped to me (I don't know why because I needed the 16). Anway the 14 arrived and it fits! I'm constantly amazed!