Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Hey!:lol:

I am doing great since my surgery on Oct. 6. No complications at all. I had my follow-up appointment with the surgeon yesterday and he's scheduling my first fill that he wants to do at the hospital instead of at his office.

As of today, I'm down 24 lbs!:tongue2:

YAY!

Hope everyone is well!

Congrats to everyone on their recent successes!

KarenK--I'm shocked too that I am enjoying going to the gym! I've been doing some hiking too which is "fun". lol

Question: I am not able to eat much without becoming full or feeling like it is starting to come up (same thing I guess). Anyway, my doc scheduled me for a fill a week from Monday (before Thanksgiving). Do you think I should keep that appointment??? The trainer at the gym said some people have restriction just from the swelling of the surgery and it sounds like I do. I don't want to be SO restricted I worry about eating even a very small amount at t-day dinner.< /p>

What would you do?

~~anne

Edited by annecolorgreen

Wow!

You are all getting down with the exercising... this is so very encouraging to me & I need it. I have been doing extra walking and this is helping; will get back on that treadmill soon.:cool:

Anne, I was thinking about your post and wondered if you actually 'need' a fill yet? I don't know much about it - so, I'm hanging in and awaiting on answers to your post. I am holding out, because I don't want to waste my money if I don't need it yet. I too get this feeling of full quite easily (I'm happy about that); I never knew when I was full pre-band... I just ate till I was sick on the stomach sometimes!;). But now, I can feel it in my throat when I'm getting full and I still feel that to this day. Can't wait to read your responses to this.

Take care

Hi Anne - I gave you my opinion in the fills thread, but will put it here too. I would definitely keep the appt and tell them what you told us. When I went for the fill we spent a good 15 min talking about how I was doing and feeling before the decision was made to do the fill. Make them listen to you! Good luck.

Hello all well may i say that i have had my first fill today and it was not bad at all and i am down 17 lbs total from 10/22/08. I have a question how that i have had a fill will i lose more weight now just wondering.

Hi everyone! Miss you all :( I am doing really great. My weight loss has slow down a bit but I am still losing 2 to 3 pounds a week which is great. In addition, the inches are def going down :tongue: Today I went joggin for an hour and felt good. I am so thankful for my band and for you all :) tomorrow is my 4th week post up! So ill see what the doc wants me to do lol.

Wow, you are all losing so good. I guess I am going to be a slow loser. But as long as it goes down and not up, I'm happy. Congratulations to you all on your great loses.

Maggie:shades_smile:

...Today I went joggin for an hour and felt good...

Love - that is so great! I'm not exercising at all yet. :rolleyes2:

Hello all well may i say that i have had my first fill today and it was not bad at all and i am down 17 lbs total from 10/22/08. I have a question how that i have had a fill will i lose more weight now just wondering.

BootyBee,

My understanding is that the goal is to lose 1-2 lbs per week without battling hunger. I'm starting to worry that I won't get a fill next week like scheduled. I am losing although it is really slowing down but I think I'll still hit the 1-2 per week.

I get hungry about 3 hours after eating instead of 4 like I've heard it should be. That might get me my fill. :confused:I can eat more than 1/2 - 1 cup of food, but not 2 cups. I am ready to start on regular food and I need to stay away from soft stuff now. I've been keeping the cottage cheese industry alive single-handedly for the past 3 weeks. :blushing:I need to start following my Protein with veggies. I have some great veggies from green giant that microwave in their little pouch at work.

I just started to the gym. My goal is 3 times a week for 30min of cardio. I hope to make it more, but to begin with I will allow myself no guilt if I get there at least 3 times a week. I will start some weight training after my fill next week. That will put me at 4 weeks out. I have my Wii too.

You know what. That Wii is a danger to my health. My hip isn't the same since I found hula-hooping. And I haven't done that in a week. It is still sore. Just to clarify I am not 75 years old. It's not like I've worn out the poor hip.....I'm only 34 for crying out loud! :rolleyes2:

I figure if I'm still afraid that I won't get the fill on Tuesday I'll call on Monday. I don't want to drive 7 hours for a "sorry not today" speech.

Its great to hear how everyone is going. Keep posting!!!

You all are doing great!

I guess I am going to be a slow loser. But as long as it goes down and not up, I'm happy.

Maggies--Amen to that!

On a personal note, I may find out what "kind" of grandmother I'm going to be in April tomorrow--my DIL is having an ultrasound (she has to have them regularly as she has a bicornate uterus). It's so exciting to be becoming a grandma...but so weird too! (I'm 40)

~~anne

Anne your going to be one hot young grandma!!!!

SnT: I am now addicted to the gym/jogging which is why I think I am having dramatic results as far as shedding the pounds goes. I struggle while jogging because of my anemia but I am pushing myself to success.

went to my one month post up(although am almost 6 weeks post up lol), my dietician and doctor say I am doing great and advice me to stick to Water and diet snapples. I thought it was ok to drink 100 percent juice (about 4 oz) well she said since I am drinking 3 liters of water its ok but try not to do it. Good bye oj :) At least she approves my ice coffee with skim milk :unsure: thats all I care for!

hey all i saw something cool on another wls,we could take the oct people in this group and get a secret oerson and send them cards exc.. they wouldnt know who had who for like 3/5 months,u could send a small gift here and there,i just thought this be a cool thing to do.i dont know who could be in charge and all passing out the secret names but thought if everyone got a card or small gift here and ther each month this would make us all feel specail,lmk what everyone thinks maybe whos in charge of the oct banders could set it up,or we dont have to do it at all just thought it be a cool thing for our month to do.when someones feeling down and all,besides all that ive done great so far walking 45 mins each nite,hope alls is well

I was banded on Halloween so I guess that makes me a smashing pumpkin also. I have lost 22 lbs. I go for my first fill on December 9th. I am exercising 5 days a week for 30 to 35 minutes by treadmill 2.5 mph. I am glad I found the October 2008 bandsters!