Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

I have no idea about liquid vitamins. I have a hard time remembering to take the others... they're nasty. That's probably not helping me take them any.

Can I just say? I'm really hungry!! I go for my post-op on Thursday to be moved to mushies... but I am so ready for them!!! I'm dreaming of food, LOL. So, here I sit.. trying to not think about food.... and I'm really sick of Protein shakes... sorry, it's my grumpy day, I guess....

LoneStarLoser--Happy belated birthday!!!! Sounds like you did a great job! :D

What is the B-1 for? I am taking a Multi-Vitamin with 100% daily requirement of B6 and B12.< /p>

My first fill is the Monday before Thanksgiving. I really hope it gives me some restriction! We have TWO Thanksgiving dinners...one Thursday and one Saturday. :unsure:

~~anne

Guest BikiniBeachy

HEY stopping by to say hi

Got my first fill today!! yay!!!!!!!!!!! It went well. I was scared, and there was no reason to be can't wait to be back to 4oz, i was definitely feeling the difference. I could tell the swelling was down cause I was eating 8-10 oz.

I could eat a freaking house right now. I'm seriously freaked out that nothing makes me feel full.

The Protein shake however does work. It does make me feel full.

Anyway.

I take liquid Vitamins. I take a liquid multi and a liquid CoQ-10. They don't taste terrible. They aren't my favorite thing to swallow in the morning however. The smell gets me more than the taste. But, like I said it's not too bad. And, it's a quick swallow. Now... it may be different once I have restriction. but, I think I should be able to throw back one ounce.

I did have a liquid Omega3 but my coocoo doctor made me stop it. Forgot to ask him why. I am going to start taking it again though. It's so important for your body.

I have to take a prescription Iron pill because I am anemic. It goes down just fine... right now. I can always split it inhalf.

I take chewable Calcium + Vitamin D. They are these little malted milk balls. They don't taste too bad either.

I am a supplement freak. But, this is way less than I use to take when I could swallow horse pills.

I would like to take my cinnamon supplement still, but I am scared that the cinnamon will repeat on me, and I am not sure how that will react with my band.

I keep wondering about all of the Smashing Pumkins that we don't see here. I hope they are all doing well. I love lapbandtalk. I don't know where I would get all my support withou all of you!

I hope they are all getting the support they need.

LoneStarLoser--Happy belated birthday!!!! Sounds like you did a great job! :thumbup:

What is the B-1 for? I am taking a Multi-Vitamin with 100% daily requirement of B6 and B12.< /p>

My first fill is the Monday before Thanksgiving. I really hope it gives me some restriction! We have TWO Thanksgiving dinners...one Thursday and one Saturday. :thumbup:

~~anne

B-1 or Thiamine helps with Protein and carbohydrate metabolism, it also has properties which help in decreasing appetite (sp?):thumbup:

Congrats on October bandsters for getting their first fill.. I hope I will get my first fill Tues during my second follow up appt with surgeon. I have been craving more lately. I do eat honey roasted peanuts when I feel hungry and surprisingly it helped me to lose weight! Protein is the reason I'll eat some of it..Just chew until it's soft and moist..hehehe

Well, I hope the October bandsters are doing well and getting the support they need. And hopefully not giving it up.

I take Vitamin b-12 and b-6, multi-vita, and Calcium 600-D Plus.

I went in for my post op today.... woohoo! I'm on mushies! :thumbdown:

Congrats Bridgette!! Take your time getting to solid food. When I started to eat real food, my mind started to crave for more food. One reason why I am still drinking Protein drinks for Breakfast and lunch. I can eat anything, but I won't allow myself to touch sweets at all..I know I will be sorry..Look at food does not bother me at all.. I try to drink more Water...It's hard..

Hi everyone! I just thought I would check in with everyone. It looks like eveyone is doing well. Thats great!

I'm down 29 lbs. The scale doesn't like me, but my clothes are fitting better and I've had several people comment on my weight loss. That is a great side effect. At this point, I am on solids. I can eat just about anything but soft breads or Gummy Pasta. I found out when I made my son's birthday cupcakes for school. I decided to have one bite. wow...it didn't even make it down. My mouth felt like it had something that expanded in it. So wild! Needless to say, I won't be trying that again. The Pasta thing will probably go away with a smaller pasta. I'm going to try that one again. later. :thumbdown:

I'm eating around 1200-1300 calories per day and getting in at least 80 grams of protien. I also do a chewable Multi-Vitamin once per day just in case I miss something. I'm pretty much off the protien shakes except for putting some in my coffee every few days. I've started walking a bit and even did a deep cleaning this week on my home. I swear...I think I pulled something and probably over did it a bit. I've got my first fill on Dec. 2nd. I need one. I'm starving. I don't get full because I'm terrified that I'll throw up. So, I do find that I'm snacking late at night because I just need something to make it though the night. It's something I've got to work on. So far, I'm eating between 1-1.5 cups of food in the evening and about 1 cup of food for Breakfast and lunch.

I did have one weird thought this week. I can't eat an entire lean cuisine. WOW. Isn't that bizare? So anyway, take care all. I'm thinking of you guys!!!!!

I started mushies yesterday and have found that I'm scared to eat too much, as I'm scared I'll get sick. I also have to make myself go slow after not eating for weeks. We went out for mexican last night and I got a side order of Beans and couldn't eat half of them. I also put a little guacamole on there for some green :tongue2: Boy was it yummy!!!

It's been a while since I dropped in, so I thought I'd stop by and say Hi! to all the October bandsters.

I'm doing pretty well. I've adjusted to my first fill with no problem, but it's pretty apparent I'll need another one at my appointment after Thanksgiving. I'm still food seeking, and getting hungry between meals.

I took a big step for me and joined a gym. I just wasn't getting the results just walking my dogs - of course they have to stop and sniff stuff every 100 feet or so. Anyway, the local Gold's Gym had a special for University people, so I signed up and am surprised I enjoy it as much as I do! I had expected it to be full of body-building meatheads and chickies in spandex. It's actually a good mix of people - I don't feel terribly out of place.

I'm also keeping track of my calories on SparkPeople. I don't use it for much else, but it has helped to keep track of my nutrition. Who'd ever have guessed I would be reading labels and tracking calories - not me.

I'm off to read back through the pages now and catch up on everyone. Take care all of you wonderful people!