Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

I drink EAS EDGE or Atkins Advantage shakes for Breakfast and either lunch or dinner, sometimes both. I get my main Protein this way. I also will fix one scrambled egg when I get hungry, at least it's protein. I try to consume 50 Grams of Protein which is my minimum. I was told not to worry about calories, just be sure you eat the recommended amount of protein your surgeon tells you to. It's very important along with Vitamins for lifetime. I feel better on shakes then pureed food, because I tend to have less cravings, unless I keep myself busy.

Congrats to banders of October!!! Love the name October Odyssey, better than smaching pumpkins, because it reminds me of a band in USA...

I'm doing great and have not had a fill yet. I go back for another follow up in 2 weeks. Today, for the first time I felt dizzy..Never felt that way.. Anyone have any idea what this may mean? I had my shake at breakfast and lunch yesterday, then I felt dizzy later on. Strange..

My port site is healing slowly, but looking good. It's normal for it to be sore for a while longer than other incisions. I am down 4" at waist already!!

By the time I go to bed tonite I should have had 60 grams of Protein for the day, which is much better than what I have been doing. I have felt pretty tired all day. But all in all the pain is much less. Just need to get this gas out of me. I have been walking a lot which should help with that. Does anyone watch The Biggest Loser? Maggies:shades_smile:

Hi everyone!

Sorry I didn't get to wish those at the end of the month well...after my surgery, I developed a very bad chest cold and have been just trying to get things done that I have to and that's it. No time to hang on the computer! I'm feeling better now...just coughing a little bit. My dh and girls have had it too.

I had my first "outing" to a restaurant last night...and ended up with a bowl of butternut squash Soup. YUM! I even brought some home...I couldn't eat it all! Tonight was a relative's surprise #50 birthday party and we brought appetizer kind of stuff. I brought dirt pudding (Old As Dirt--get it :blush:) and it turned out really good! I also brought hummus and just used my chip to "eat" it as I'm still in the "blenderized" stage.

Here's the recipe for the dirt pudding if anyone wants it:

Worm it Up!

You don't have to be a kid to enjoy a creepy, chocolatey dessert on Halloween. And what's creepier than gooey mud (chocolate pudding), dirt (crushed Oreos) and worms (doy, Gummy worms!)? NOTHING! The only thing NOT creepy about this particular yummy Halloween creation is the nutritional info -- it ROCKS! Check out this spooktacular recipe from Hungry Ghoul... er, Girl -- Guilt-Free Dirt & Worms Surprise!

Ingredients:

2 small (4-serving) packages sugar-free fat-free instant pudding mix, chocolate

4 cups fat-free milk

12 gummy worms; chopped into thirds

3 packs 100 Calorie Packs Oreo Thin Crisps; crushed

Directions:

To make the pudding, add both packages of pudding mix to the milk, and beat with a whisk for 2 – 4 minutes (until pudding is thoroughly mixed and thickened). Pour pudding into a wide serving bowl. Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to set. Once ready to serve, sprinkle worms over the pudding. Then, evenly distribute crushed Oreo Thin Crisps on top. MAKES 8 SERVINGS

HG Alternative! You can also whip up a single-serving version of this recipe using a Jell-O sugar free Pudding snack, a few gummy pieces, and a small handful of crushed Oreo Thin Crisps.

Serving Size: 1 serving (about 2/3 cup)

Calories: 163

Fat: 1g

Sodium: 430mg

Carbs: 32g

Fiber: 1.5g

Sugars: 16g

Protein: 6g

POINTS® value 3*

It's from the Hungry Girl website. (my nieces and nephews loved the worms!)

Hope everyone is doing well!

~~anne

I have been dizzy too. I'm not sure why. I've gotten between 85-90 grams of Protein in everyday since Thursday. It's odd though, when I go more than about 3-4 hours between protein, I get nauseous and weak feeling. My blood sugars are still not coming down yet, that's frustrating! I guess I expected to be feeling much better than I am by now; I still have very little energy! Ugh!

Oh and TMI, I know, but I have this horrid smell coming from me! I'm wondering if I'm in ketosis, but I can't seem to bathe enough or brush my teeth enough and it doesn't want to go away... yuck! Sorry, but I can't handle odors well, specially when they're coming from me and I know I'm a clean person!

They lose so good on the Biggest Loser, and seem not to have any lose skin at the end of it. Which is something I know I will have to content with. Oh well, at my age I would rather be at a good weight and be healthy then be a bathing beauty. I feel so good today, like a human again. Hope it stays this way. Maggies:shades_smile:

Hi everyone -

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am finally onto the "cooked solid food" stage, and survived my first restaurant trip last night. As soon as my food arrived, I asked for a to go box and boxed up 1/2. I ended up boxing up about 2/3 by the end. It is hard to go against a lifetime of training to clean your plate!

I've been avoiding the scale (waiting to use the dr office scale), but seem to be making some progress although it's slower now that I'm on real food and don't have a fill in.

My first fill is Thursday. I'm excited and nervous and ready.

I'm off to read up on everything that I missed by not visiting for about a week. :thumbup:

I had my first fill last Thursday. I was scared too. I hate needles. But it was not bad. It was over before I knew it. I'll bet it didn't take more than 30 seconds and that might be too long. Some people complain about it being sore afterwards, but I didn't have any discomfort. You'll do great.

Lone Star Loser

They lose so good on the Biggest Loser, and seem not to have any lose skin at the end of it. Which is something I know I will have to content with. Maggies:shades_smile:

I think they have heavy duty body slimmers. I hope I will need to shop for those next year!

I think they have heavy duty body slimmers. I hope I will need to shop for those next year!

Is that why they always have the girls change from weighing in sports bras to weighing in tight tank tops? Is that like a compression stocking for the whole body?

I'm willing to put up with some loose skin as long as I reach the point where I'm comfortable with myself.

LoneStarLoser - Thanks. I'm not the biggest needle fan, but I figure for this I'll survive them! Did you have to go back to liquids afterwards for a while? I'm having my fill Thursday am and am supposed to have a business dinner Friday evening and am concerned.

I am SO hungry today and I don't know why! My stomach is growling! I've had my usual number of calories and protein...ARGHHHH! I don't like to be hungry!

Congrats on your successes!

~~anne

KarenK. No I did not have to go back to liquids. She only put 2mm in. I can't really tell the difference. She, the doctor, told me if that was not enough to feel the restriction, to come back in two weeks and she would add more. And I think I am going to go back. I don't feel the restrictions at all like I did the first week after surgery. And I get hungry about 2 hours after I eat.

But you should be fine for the dinner Friday night.

Lone Star Loser