Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I am so freaking hungry. I don't want to look at anymore liquid. I have to do this for another 5 weeks.

I am with you, Penny!!! And there are so doggone many food commercials on TV. Grr!!!

I had my surgery Tuesday morning at 7:30 am. I was not really nervous, but anxious to get it over with. I guess I just wanted to know that it was done and everything went okay. Luckily it did! : ) The pain after the surgery was worse than I expected. I never have had anykind of abdominal surgery, really no surgery besides removal of widsom teeth, so did not know what to expect. It HURT! I am finally starting to feel a lot better today. Some of the gas is coming out and it is making a big difference. That gas makes your stomach so big and tight and I guess puts a lot of pressure on everything. Burps hurt, but I am glad to burp when I can...no pain, no gain (LOL). I am on Clear Liquids for the rest of today and then get to start full liquids starting tomorrow, can't wait!!!! I have not really felt too hungry. My stomach would start to feel empty, but I would have a frozen real fruit bar w/ no sugar added and it would do the trick. I hope that all the other October bandsters are doing well and the rest of the surgeries go smooth. I am glad mine is over with and that I am on the path to healing and health!! :)

Hi,

You are allowed to have sugar free Jello, I even ate some sugar free pudding, chocolate especially, also I put Unjury (unflavored) in my coffee for Protein, you can have peach tea, apple juice all sugar free. Get it at Wal-mart, Great value is just as good as the more expensive one, I also put Unjury in my tea too. Tastes good and gives you protein which makes your hungry go away.

Mary

Hello oct. bansters. I was banded Oct. 17th. I am feeling great no pain. but really sick of broth..I wont eat that any more. I was wondering about the protien. I drink two protien shakes a day and then have protien for each meal. Should i also be adding more? Also i am drinking a lot but not much water..do you think that this wil amke a difference? THANKS SHERRI:thumbup:

My husband had his surgery on the 28, the same day as yours. He is 66 years old. He has the gas still also. I was thinking I'd give him a rub down. Is lotion ok? In the hospital they said they could not wear any. He is walking some. I don't think he wants to take Gas-X.

I hope things will go well for you and everyone here on Lap Band Talk.

Nina

hows everyones scars i cant belive 2 of mine have healed,and u cant see them and its not even been 2 weeks,the other 3 look like they is gonna do the same,he glued mine,i couldnt ve happyer

Michele - I'm sorry that you hurt so much. I really didn't hurt much at all. The nurse even commented that I didn't hit my morpheine drip much. I'm 2 weeks out today and every once in a while have a wee bit of tenderness where the port is but that's all. I was lucky and had no gas though, thankfully.

YAAAAY! Its official! Even with my headcold & all - since i had no fever - i was able to get banded on Tuesday, 10/28!!

I stayed overnight @ hospital & Dr. Robert Davis' team @ University General in Houston were wonderful!

...I'd say other than the hospital team, the best thing I did was have my boyfriend stay in my hospital room w/me overnight since they allowed it.

You can't really move around @ all by yourself, and getting in & out of bed and to the bathroom alone teathered to a big IV wouldve been miserable!

So got home yeserday, and I've been doing good. Just really out of it, sore especially @ the port incision & mostly resting, but making sure to walk around every 2 hours... It helps. Fortunately i didnt have the gas issues & pain some of you all had in your back & throughout your body, but my stomach does a whole lot of gurgling! Maybe its just doing a happy dance since surgery's over! LOL!

Thanx for all the recipe tips - thats some creative thinking!! =)

Hi all,

I had my lap-band put in yesterday afternoon. Got to come home the same day. Pretty sore, but not near as bad as my gallbladder surgery lapriscopically 9 years ago. I could even lay on my side last night! Today just liquids, but not clear. I didn't like that either. I had two Ensure drinks today and one Slim Fast besides some ice Water. I am doing well!

Thanks to you that sent the well-wishes the night before surgery. Please let me know how you are doing if you had the 29th for your date also. all the Best!

-Mona:thumbup:

I am in bandland finally. Had my surgery yesterday, and went to my sons to spend the nite afterwards and made the trip home today. I am feeling preet good and am sure easch day will bring more relief. Maggies:shades_smile:

Hi,

You are allowed to have sugar free Jello, I even ate some sugar free pudding, chocolate especially, also I put Unjury (unflavored) in my coffee for Protein, you can have peach tea, apple juice all sugar free. Get it at Wal-mart, Great value is just as good as the more expensive one, I also put Unjury in my tea too. Tastes good and gives you protein which makes your hungry go away.

Mary

Thank you Caladonia.

I have all that stuff and was a wealth of information..... 3 days ago. The bright happy shiny feeling my new band was giving me wore off. Maybe all that liquid I drank washed it away!

OH! AND to top it ALL off! I spilled my oh so yummy Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Shake all over me and the couch earlier! Now I am getting screamed at to come clean up the floor better. I don't think that someone newly banded should have to mop!! How about you guys?!?!?!

No really, I am thrilled I have my band. I am being a poop. I am in a bad mood. I want food. I am mad at myself for my lack of self control.

I just need to get glad. As my Mother would say.

Edited by HelloPenny

Another question: I have book club tomorrow and am thinking about taking Soup so I can eat it. Any suggestions? I'm not a soup person, in general, so I don't have any good recipes on hand. I am allowed full liquids only right now and we always bring something to share.

Thanks,

Anne

I have found the V-8 soup to be great. It comes in a box ready to pour in a bowl and heat. They taste great and are convenient.

Long one ya'll!!! Sorry...ranting.

HelloPenny...I hear you loud and clear. Today is the 3rd day that I haven't really lost any weight. I gained a lb the other day on 750 calories and then lost it again. So, three days in a row, the scales really haven't changed. I also haven't eating all of the calories that I am supossed to be eating either thinking that I could loose more weight. I actually caught myself today thinking..."why did I do this? It's not going to work anyway." Here I am whining because of what? Because I haven't lost weight because my body is still freaking out a little bit from the surgery and that I've probably freaked it out from not eating enough calories. Hey...I've lost 10 lbs in what 11 days or so since surgery and I'm still beating myself up over it. I'm being grumpy to my hubby and have no reason to be in a crappy mood what so ever!

So, I came to the realization that I'm hungry. Not starving...but just a little hungry for something besides Soup and shakes. I also realized a few things about myself today.

1. I accept this fact right now. I am a foodie. I know it...and I'm guessing that a lot of us know it. I also remembered that it's not quantity but quality that I'm craving right now. Ha...take that brain. I would kill for 3 ozs of grilled chicken. Who would have thought it?

2. I can't loose weight if I don't eat. If I eat 750 calories a day for a few days, what good will it do? My body freaks out. So, I've got to eat healthy, good foods and drink my Water.

3. I can't wait to get back to the gym. My doctor said 4-6 weeks before I can go back, but I'm betting I can do a little more walking before then. Typicially, I don't want to exercise. Now, I just want to get the scales moving and know that exercise and a better diet is the way to go.

So, I gave myself a lecture and went to pick up a weight loss surgery cookbook instead. According to my doctor, I can start adding in (one at a time) a little bit of soft food when I'm ready. So, I think I'm ready. I'm not going to beat myself up, but instead I'm going to focus on all of the great things to come. Hey...I can feed my family wonderful foods. I can cut my grocery and eating out bill too! I bet I can even host Christmas Morning (about 20 people in pj's for most of the day) with healthy foods that even I can eat. It's a challenge...and I'm good with challenges. The bottom line is this.

WE CAN DO THIS! WE DIDN'T GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS TO FEEL SORRY FOR OURSELVES. WE ARE DOING THIS FOR A BETTER HEALTHIER LIFE. The band is a tool. The band is a tool. The band is a tool. hehe

Ok...sorry guys, but I needed to vent to someone who would understand what I'm talking about here.

Go team and good luck to all of those recently banded and those learning to live with our new bands.