Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Clear Liquids only for 2 wks, clear Soups, sugar free popsicles,water, sugar free Jello, sugar free tea, anything you can see through, I buy the peach tea at wal-mart, there brand in lemon, peach, all sugar free. Remember you will vomit if you can't get it down and do not drink through a straw, causes more gas doctor said. Where did you have your surgery in Ga. I'm from Ga. but went to Fl. to have mine. What hospital? Doctor? please let me know

Caladonia41, I was actually banded in Anniston, AL by Dr. George Crawford. He's a fairly new surgeon. I think he's talented, but hasn't got the whole after care thing down yet. I am in West Georgia and it's just 45 minutes away at most.

I'm having great luck with the foods I have tried. I'm just keeping everything really thin so that nothing sticks. I did have a creamy and thick yogurt today. It probably wasn't the best idea as I didn't finish it and it seemed to be a little hard to eat. I think I'll stick with yogurt smoothies for a while.

3 days and counting until bandday. Looking forward to joining all of you in bandland. I think I have everything ready, thanks to reading all of your posts. Thanks, Maggie:shades_smile:

I have two questions gang:

1. What type of info did the dr.give you for your diet (ie...is it exactly what the lapband.com website looks like or what)?

2. When is your first post op dr. appointment scheduled?

I'm wondering because I basicially have NO real diet to follow except for exactly what is on the lapband website. It's wierd and doesn't make any sense at all. My nutritionist said I could basicially have anything that I could get through a straw...but I'm curious what your dr's have given you. Also, My first apt. is 6 weeks post op. It seem like a long time dont' you think? I believe this will be my first fill. Any info would be great!

Congrats to those new banders and good luck next week for those being banded. Thanks! Ronda

Hi Ronda.....I am going to write out the instructions I got from my Surgeons office. Hope it helps!

Diet Notes

When you arrive home on the day of surgery: You can have Water, Crystal Light, diet iced tea, chicken broth, and decaffeinated tea. You should drink only 1/2 to 1 ounce of any of these liquids every 20 minutes while you are awake, as tolerated.

3-4 days after surgery: If you do not have any nausea or vomiting from the liquids, then you can start pureed foods.

For two weeks after surgery: All food must be pureed no thicker than applesauce.

3rd week after surgery: Eat soft solid food.

Every Day: Don't forget to take your Protein Powder in milk or yogurt every day, starting the day that you get home from the hospital.

Eat 4 to 6 mini-meals per day. Make sure that you eat 1 to 2 servings from the milk group and 4 to 6 servings from the Protein group each day.

Eat slowly! For example, eat 1 ounce of meat, poultry or fish over 10 minutes. Eat 1 ounce of all other foods over 5 minutes. Stop eating if you are full. Do not spend more than 30 minutes eating at one meal.

More about liquids: Try to drink 64 ozs. of liquid without caffeine each day. Wait at least 30 minutes after eating before you start drinking. Stop drinking 5 minutes before you eat.

Drink slowly and do not use straws.

Do not drink carbonated or alcoholic beverages for one month after surgery.

When do I follow-up after surgry? You will meet with your Surgeon/Nurse Practitioner 2 to 3 weeks after surgery for your first follow-up visit. You will also see the Nurse Practitioner at 5 to 6 weeks after surgery and then monthly for the first year, every 3 months for the second year and every year thereafter.

I hope this helps, Ronda! :thumbup:

my lower back bothers me at night after i go to bed. for some reason i hurt a little down the side of my neck and across my shoulders. i hear the gurgling sounds in my stomach too. i have no trouble being hungry, but it doesn't take much to fill me up. i'm ready for the mushy foods. i think i will get them wednesday. not too soon for me!!

i have to see my surgeon tuesday, which is one week after surgery.

Edited by Little Bit

ruby

you are not the only one to double post. i just did the same thing, went to the 2nd post hit edit and then deleted it. :thumbup:

I am 9 hours away from leaving for my surgery. Trying to make sure I have everything packed for my stay in the hospital (2 night stay for me) and getting the kids stuff layed out for while I am there so they don't go to school dressed like Punky Brewster if my husband picks it out!! lol I am nervous! My belly is growling from this liquid diet. I can't wait to chew some food. I know it will be a few weeks! I will live!!! Good luck to everyone going in tomorrow!!! Hugs

Good luck everyone thats going in today.

sweepyxx

Thanks Sweepy!!!!:thumbup:

I'm starting to get nervous you guys! Say a HUGE prayer for those of us going in today! Will post later on....

April

I can see there are many varying pre-op and post-op diets. I am allowed to have soft foods 2 weeks post-op as long as everything as gone well so far. I know this may sound dumb, but I am no so sure what soft-foods are. I personally thought mashed potatoes would not work because of the carbs? Isn't that pretty much how I go fat to begin with? My list from the doctor says soft, moist Proteins. It also says, vegetables allowed on week 9 to be introduced one at a time to check how well tolerated they are. Help? Tell me what soft foods are on your approved lists please??????:thumbup:

I am leaving for surgery in a few! Wish me luck!

Instant potatoes were on my approved list as are saltines. I have been avoiding them for the most part, but sometimes I eat a Protein and then just have a little bit of them. It is ok to have some carbs, just need to be careful and make sure that you are getting in all of your Proteins. Good luck to everyone getting banded this week!

Don Here,

My Banding day is tomarrow (Oct. 28th.). Today is clear liquid day as well as four days after. Than 1 1/2 weeks of full liquids; than 2 weeks of pureed foods. It sure is strange how different Doc's do different things in this department.

So I'm getting ready today for a few things that need to be done and be at the hospital at 5:30 AM on the 28th. Tomarrow WOW!!! Took me one year to get this far. I told my wife NINA, it's taking for every to get to this day and than BOOM , "it's here".

Well here goes, try to write in a few days.

Don

PS: Good luck to everyone.