Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Lori, your strips and blood are normal. Just don't pick at them like I did. Your Doc will take care of them. As far as the gas, get yourself some Gas-X strips. They help out alot. And the walking also helps. Lifesavers or any hard candy should keep your mouth moist and your tummy pangs under control. Good Luck to you.

I just had my second Bandiversary last week and I am down 170 pounds. If I can do it you guys should have no problems. Hang in there and just follow the rules and don't beat yourselves up.

Suziecat, A BIG congratulations on the 170lbs. You sure have motivated me. Are you at goal yet? Again congratulations.:thumbup: Maggie

Maggie, Thank You. No I'm not at goal yet. I had a huge amount to lose. I'm looking at probably another 75 pounds and than I should be there. I know I have come along ways and I am so thankful for my Band. I'm very glad that I decided to have it instead of the RNY. That was not a good choice for me.

I'm here to answer any questions you guys have, so feel free to ask me anything.

Hi Everyone!

Got banded on 10-13-08. I was really worried about hunger post-surgery, but I really haven't missed food that much. I quickly got tired of Protein Shakes, so I have been pureeing a lot of things, and adding Protein Powder.

Does anyone else feel really weak? I am getting more than 60 grams of Protein and lots of Water daily, plus all my chewable vitamins. I also have a lot of pain where I think the port is, but I stopped taking pain medications because of the drowsiness. Have to go back to a very physical job next week, and I'm worried!

Pat, it is normal for the port access area to be sore for a while. I'm out 3 weeks just about and it is still sore & red..It's normal, My 2 weeks follow up was a good one!! I started pureed food and finding myself wanting to eat more. soo, I'm trying to have liquids on and off..I don't mind liquids and shakes...Helps me from wanting to eat foods..LOL As for going back to a very physical work soon, I hope you don't have to lift heavy..I am out of work for 6 weeks, b/c I can't lift over 20 lbs according to my surgeon..I lift heavy cafeteria tables and it is going to scare me when I go back...Take it easy, don't rush.. Walk a lot and rest while you can. The only time I felt weak and tired twice was during the pre op liquids on Day 3 and 4, then since that time I feel energetic!!!!

I would like to try some kind of protein powder, but don't know what to buy yet..I saw whey powder in choc. flavor.

SG

Maggie, Thank You. No I'm not at goal yet. I had a huge amount to lose. I'm looking at probably another 75 pounds and than I should be there. I know I have come along ways and I am so thankful for my Band. I'm very glad that I decided to have it instead of the RNY. That was not a good choice for me.

I'm here to answer any questions you guys have, so feel free to ask me anything.

:thumbup: Congrats Suziecat!!! That's amazing. I am looking fwd to my 2nd bandiversary!! I am 3 weeks out this Sunday!! I'm doing good, just trying to walk more..

Sweet Gothic

Suziecat, I will be taking you up on your offer. You probaby look like a totally different person. Was your first few weeks after being banded very hard. I will be babysitting my 4 month old grandson and just wonder how long after surgery that will be posible. Maggie:shades_smile:

Oh ya, How many fills have you had? Maggie:shades_smile:

Just stopping by to give my 2 cents. I see alot of you are talking about Unjury. I have never tried it but I want to let you know what I drink. I found that Kashi makes a drink and it's very good I have only tried the chocolate one. It's Kashi Go Lean and it has 29 grams of Protein and 7 grams of Fiber. I found it at a local health food store here in town.

As you will find yourself eating less, you will not be going to the bathroom as much. You will have a tendency to get constipated. Becareful about this.

Good Luck to all of you.

I have to agree Kashi is THE BEST!! I actually found some at a discount store and decided to give it a try and it is really good compared to others I have tried..I add ice and a little sugar free Jello pudding mix with it and it tastes just like a milk shake:smile2:

I also use a bullet type personal mixers and it is really good for mixing up the Protein Drinks.< /strong>

Renita

Hey all it's been 4 days since I was banded. Not to much pain. I haven't had problems with gas really. Right after surgery I was crying a saying I want it out of me it hurt so bad. (Im not good with pain). But Im fine now. Ive been very depressed for some reason. I keep crying and I don't know why.

Im trying to get all my liquids but its hard. Ive lost a total of 17lbs which makes me happy but, Im just feeling blah. I thought I would be excited and happy but I don't. Its hard to eat I have to make myself eat.

Oh well I know I'll get thru this. Just not what I expected to feel.

Penny......omg...i am three weeks out and at my 2 week checkup surgeon said to start eating fish eggs etc..........5 weeks is tough..........but i bet you get a great weight loss.....good luck

I am doomed!

Today has been OK. Little sore. Started full liquids today. Had some chocolate EAS in my coffee. Was yummy. Drank it all morning long.

BTW... I know I have said this before but the EAS is awesome. I got a HUGE bag at Sam's for $20. The Protein is high and the carbs and calories are low.

EASfront-1.jpg

Easnutritionlabel.jpg

Then I had some of the hand held Campbell's Creamy Tomato Soup. I poured out 2/3 of it to containers, and then thinned it down with skim milk, and added a scoop of unflavored Unjury. It was so good! I used my hand mixer to mix it up. It got a lot of air into it and doubled it in size. So it filled the whole container. Was really good. I think I will buy some more of that flavor of Soup. Plus I liked the little hand held container. Was easy to sip out of.

I need to try and drink some Water. I bought a big container of those single packet, Kellogg protein water mixes. I got pink lemonade. I was worried it would be too acidic but it has not bothered me at all. Tastes good too.

Edited by HelloPenny

heycyndymi was banded the 20 th i didnt have depression that yr talking about ,but last year when i had my double knee suregry i had the depression yr talking about,i had it almost 4 months,i still dont know why i would cry for no reason,i also stopped taking my sleep meds at nightg and i was some better,hope it passes and so far im glad i dont have it with this surgery,things will get better as we go,so cheer up ok.i know what yr talking about tho

i just posted i didnt mean to put ass in it lol,i just made some choc Unjury and i wanted to know what to put in it to get that bad taste away?any suggestions be great thanks

Congrats on beeing banded!! Good you came through the surgery well. I think the pain part just goes hand-in-hand with it being a surgery... But you are now happily on the other side! YAAAY! I'm so glad for you!!!

As for me, not so great. I'm due to get banded on Tuesday, but just came down with the worst head cold! Its the weekend so the Dr office is closed, but I'm sure they will have to re-schedule with due to my fever, sneezing & coughing. What rotten timing!! =(

But i guess I'd rather be sick now & get it over with first, then have the stress of surgery bring it on.... I can only imagine how much it would hurt to sneeze & cough post-op immediately after surgery!!!!

Info, I know you all want to get your Protein in and that's important. But you also need to watch your fiber intake. I noticed that the EAS only had 1gram of fiber Kashi has 7 grams of fiber. Don't get yourself constipated. You won't like it.

Maggie, You will be able to babysit. No problem getting back into life, just remember that you are still healing inside and be very careful about lifting your grandson. Keep doing the walking. I walk almost everyday plus I also work at a fitness center.

Have a great weekend.

Edited by Suziecat

Day 2 for me. I was in a lot of pain right out of surgery. Surgery was yesterday @ 7am. Can't tell if I'm in pain or if I need to drink more!