Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Thanks Mimi. :thumbup:

Congratulations julie.ann - good thing the husband has a good sense of humor. :)

Congrats Julie.Ann! That is amazing weightloss.

I had surgery the day before you and I'm down 45 lbs from Surgery and a total of 57. I'm pretty pleased with the results so far, but I think some additional exercise will help speed things up.

Just wanted to check in and see how folks were progressing. Looks like most of us are doing pretty darn good!!

Keep it up!

KarenK / JulieAnn ..... You Are Rockin'!!!:(

Congrats!!

Everyone is doing so very well! Yeah!

Thanks Mimi. :)

Congratulations julie.ann - good thing the husband has a good sense of humor. :)

KarenK / JulieAnn ..... You Are Rockin'!!!:(

Congrats!!

Everyone is doing so very well! Yeah!

Thanks!

Congrats Julie.Ann! That is amazing weightloss.

I had surgery the day before you and I'm down 45 lbs from Surgery and a total of 57. I'm pretty pleased with the results so far, but I think some additional exercise will help speed things up.

Keep it up!

Everyone has done a great job. I hope that those bandsters that don't visit anymore a doing great too! I think about them.

Here I am thinking that I need to get back to basics. We celebrated our Wedding Anniv. on Friday so I gave myself a pass for supper and we were at a comedy club so we ate fried food. I'm not mad at myself. Not the healthiest, but a special occassion. Yesterday my cousin got married and I ate cake and drank alcohol and after I was tipsy (okay...more than tipsy) I ate a sandwich. My first piece of bread in 6 months. :smile:

Today I haven't done much better. Covered dish at church on the first Sunday of the month. Some things you can't control, but I haven't stressed about it. All of these things put together makes a bad several days.

So back to basics. I've got to get these carbs out of my system to start the losing again.

post-246907-13813138367841_thumb.jpg

post-246907-1381313836812_thumb.jpg

Don't be too hard on yourself julie.ann. Even the healthiest of eaters has their off days or their cheat days. Remember, this is forever. You can't expect yourself to be perfect forever.

My parents are vegetarians who do everything no-fat or at least low-fat. (Yeah, I was the black sheep - the great big black sheep) They've learned to give themselves some leeway once in a while - no tofurkey at Thanksgiving for them. We need to learn to do the same without beating ourselves up about it.

Just get back on that horse! Good luck!

Just an update:

Finally have good restriction after all this time (banded on 10/13/08).

Man, what a difference the sweet spot makes. Kinda surprised I was able to lose any weight before this.

Weird to just not really be hungry. Please let this feeling last, lol.

Congrats to all the milestones people.

People are hitting their goal, and hitting onderland...I love this thread!

Congrats everyone!

I've been doing so well--almost to Onederland--and have fizzled out the past couple weeks due to stress (I think). I still have restriction but have been eating and drinking things that aren't allowed.

Any tips for emotional eating? My son is treating my daughter-in-law horribly (emotional abuse in my opinion) and they have a son who is just almost 4 weeks old. They are both young and didn't even know each other well before the marriage. We paid for a week of intensive therapy--they went--but it didn't help.

If that were the only stress!

Help!

img0780u.jpg

Edited by annecolorgreen

Wow...the baby is gorgeous. Is that you holding him? You are beautiful too. Is your son jealous of the attention the baby is getting so he is acting out? Happens...hope everyone finds some peace in this situation. First few months can be difficult making adjustments to not enough sleep and new, overwhelming responsibilities.

hi all

on hairloss I too had a bit of thinning but now that my body has adjusted to the diet it is coming back ....My nutrition said it is normal and usually by 6-8 months after the surgery it starts coming back. I do have extremely thick hair to start but it was very noticeable. MY cousin my hairdresser noticed it before I did. I never took Biotin but it is coming back.......good luck

GO OCTOBER BANDSTERS...!!!!!!

We are carving into who we want to be!!!

EVERYONE CONGRATS!!! I can't say it enough.

I also had a big win this week...I'm under 200, even after I eat. 194!!!! I love it. Also, I RAN/WALKED 20 MILES!!! There were days I thought I wouldn't make it. So, my nexy goal is 180. The lowest I've been in 14 years. After that...its all skinny jeans, size 12, size 8!!!

Stay healthy, be strong, and be inspired...because you inspire me!

i wish i was losing faster but i did get in a size smaller shorts,what do u guys eat in a day i dont hardly anything,and think i should lose faster,kinda makes me sad im not.but im hanging in there.

Hi everbody, i was banded in oct. 24, 2008, had a fill two weeks ago, can only eat 5 to 6 bites and i'm chokeing. I have lost 31 pounds and have had 4 fills, i think i have 4.25 cc, i just have to get up from the table and walk around until i no longer fill like i'm choking, miserable feeling, what am i doing wrong?

Eat slowly, do not drink with your meals, chew, chew, chew. be sure to put your fork on the table between bites. I eat too fast sometimes too. I hate that choking feeling so I am definitely learning to eat slower and chew better.