Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hello Oct. Bandsters,

I was banded on Oct. 24, 2008, I have only lost 25 pounds, I have had 3 fills for a total of 3.50 CCS, my dr. told me my band would hold 10 ccs but he would not put more than 7 ccs in. Do you think I need another fill? I get stuck every once in a while, boy what a yukky feeling. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Betty

The fact that you have lost 25 pounds is fantastic...it is GONE, never to return. My doc is very conservative, too, but yours wins the prize. When can you get another fill? I was banded 2 weeks before you and haven't lost as much as you have. I have 6cc in the 10cc band.

Mimi

I am not sure how big my band is. Doc told me but I have forgotten. I do know I have 6 cc in it. Another lady in the office that surgery a week before me was upset because she heard the numbers and I had more fill than she did. Let's just trust our doctors. They are getting paid well to make decisions as to what is right for us. Just as different doctors do things differently, we all react in our own way. Just think where we were on Oct. 1st and where we are now. We can all be proud of the changes we have made. :lol::) :w00t:

Thanks mimilou for your encouragement, I can have another fill anytime, he told me to wait 6 wks and it's been that long, he only puts in 1cc and then lets you get back with him in 4 weeks. I think if I would excerise I would do better, but I just can't get motiviated to do so.

I guess I'm just lazy

Thanks again

Betty

Thanks mimilou for your encouragement, I can have another fill anytime, he told me to wait 6 wks and it's been that long, he only puts in 1cc and then lets you get back with him in 4 weeks. I think if I would excerise I would do better, but I just can't get motiviated to do so.

I guess I'm just lazy

Thanks again

Betty

Hi Betty,

I sure hear you on the exercise. I need an exercise buddy so we can hold each other accountable. You think we could establish an exercise group of Oct 08 bandsters and log our progress. How could we motivate each other?

Edited by NormaRae

I guess I'm just lazy

Thanks again

Betty

I'm sorry you get such a small fill. My doctor fills until you can drink and then pulls back just enough so that Water goes through without a problem. My first fill was 2.7cc my next two were .7cc. I am glad he does it that way.

You will get there. Keep up the great work!

hello all,

bradley18- you and i have the exact same band date. i will be going for my 4th fill in April and although i am down 35lbs, i find myself in the same spot as some of you guys. i started off doing very well with the excercise part and it became apart of my days like everything else. BUT... now it's like the motivation is gone and it's so hard to get it back. i wanted this surgery sooo bad and now that everyone else has done their part i feel like i'm not doing my part with it.:crying: my fills are good i was getting them once a month and was mixing up my routine between the gym and the sidewalk. i think we just need to pick ourself up and start fresh the next day, and i know first hand it's easier said than done.

i just wish i can have the motivation i had when i was on the liquid diet(before surgery). :)

we have to just keep our heads up and continue on our journey no matter what.

ENCOURAGING WORD FOR TODAY :

We Must All Suffer From 1 of 2 Pains.. The Pain of Discipline or The Pain of Regret. The Difference is Discipline Weighs Onces(inches), While Regret Weighs Tons(lbs)

Edited by Tyme2GetRite

I guess I'm just lazy

Thanks again

Betty

It really depends on the size band you have. I have a Lap-Band AP and it holds 15 cc's. He put 5 cc's in on my first fill! My sister, who was banded 2 months after me, has the same brand band, but her's is a 10 cc band and he put 2 cc's in on her first fill. He said something about the smaller band having greater restriction - and that seems true because my sister has always been "tighter" than me.

That being said, I plan on going again next week - 3 weeks after my last fill, because I don't feel the restriction that I did at the beginning, and my doctor has said that I should feel full and not be as hungry between meals. When I first get the fill, I think I am swollen and I don't dare eat.:crying: But this time, very quickly, it seemed that I could eat more. So I want to tighten up.

I haven't lost much weight either - but I know why. It's the exercise and I've committed to exercising more. I just read an article in "O" magazine where Oprah interviews Michelle Obama. Mrs. Obama said she realized that if it came to her job, or her daughters, or another obligation, she wouldn't think twice about getting up early to take care of whatever it was. She realized that by exercising she was taking care of herself - an obligation every bit as important as being a mother, or having a job, etc. So now she gets up (early, I might add!!!) to exercise because it's just as important as her other duties and obligations. That hit me - we have a duty to ourselves to get healthy and take care of ourselves. So let's do it ladies and gentlemen

Hello fellow bandsters! Its been a while since Ive posted. I need a little advice. I was banded Oct. 27 and have lost 55lbs yeah me, but ive been feeling so tired and rundown. I donated blood the other day and now I feel worse almost like the flu but Ive been feeling like this for about 2 weeks. My Iron is great. I was wondering if anyone else is feeling this way? I hate calling the office. So this is my last resort before calling them.

Ive had about 4 fills and have 8.1cc in my band. Ive had one episode of something being stuck. ouch!!

Hello fellow bandsters! Its been a while since Ive posted. I need a little advice. I was banded Oct. 27 and have lost 55lbs yeah me, but ive been feeling so tired and rundown. I donated blood the other day and now I feel worse almost like the flu but Ive been feeling like this for about 2 weeks. My Iron is great. I was wondering if anyone else is feeling this way? I hate calling the office. So this is my last resort before calling them.

Ive had about 4 fills and have 8.1cc in my band. Ive had one episode of something being stuck. ouch!!

My first thought is how many calories are you getting each day. Are you eating Breakfast early in the morning to get your metablolism going. Loosing weight is a good thing and wouldn't make me think a thyroid problem, but it could be. It is good that your hemoglobin was good enough to give blood so your right I wouldn't think you were anemic. Do you take a Multivitamin everyday? I take 2 flinstone Vitamins I got when I got banded because I wanted chewable (and let's face it I love flinstone vitamins!)

Have you been feeling less happy? Have you ever had a problem with depression in the past.

Well those are my ideas. I don't blame you for going to the doctor. Losing 55 lbs should give you more energy not less.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Cyndy,

You are looking great! I don't have any advice for you. I just wanted to comment about how nice you look.

The last suggestions sounded pretty good to me. Are you getting any exercise? That may make you feel better.

Hi Cyndy,

You are looking great! I don't have any advice for you. I just wanted to comment about how nice you look.

The last suggestions sounded pretty good to me. Are you getting any exercise? That may make you feel better.

Thanks, yes I exercise almost everyday. You are looking good also. I see your almost to your goal. :thumbup:

Take Care!

Cyndy

My first thought is how many calories are you getting each day. Are you eating breakfast early in the morning to get your metablolism going. Loosing weight is a good thing and wouldn't make me think a thyroid problem, but it could be. It is good that your hemoglobin was good enough to give blood so your right I wouldn't think you were anemic. Do you take a multivitamin everyday? I take 2 flinstone Vitamins I got when I got banded because I wanted chewable (and let's face it I love flinstone vitamins!)

Have you been feeling less happy? Have you ever had a problem with depression in the past.

Well those are my ideas. I don't blame you for going to the doctor. Losing 55 lbs should give you more energy not less.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for your advice. I think eating a better breakfast is a good idea. I think maybe im not eating enough. I am on anti depression meds.

I let you know what doc says thanks again.

Cyndy

You are so right. I'm feeling like all of you. What happened? I did well up to January and have been at 205 since end of Feb. I know it's my eating, I just gotta do it. We just gotta do it. I see my scar every morning thinking I did this for a reason. I would do it all over again. I just want to be loosin the 10 - 13 lbs a month.