Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who are you telling?

I'm only telling my husband....and one person from his work and this message board... No family, co-workers, kids, etc. I already feel like people watch what I eat and I don't want that watchfulness to increase!:smile2:

I have told my husband (wish I hadn't:mellow:), my mom (really wish I hadn't:angry:), one friend, and my boss (who is also a friend). I have told 2 too many people.:thumbup:

I decided not to tell anyone else and it is kind of hard to keep it quiet but I think in the long run it will benefit me! My daughter's friend's dad had gastric bypass and now my daughter (age 15) keeps saying he's getting skinny and looks funny. So, I am glad I haven't said anything to her about it.

I just asked for the time off for the surgery and told my boss I was having a minor procedure done. He didn't even ask what it was. I was happy about that!

I'm definitely not telling my co-worker! She already makes comments on what I eat or when I eat. I can't imagine what she'd be like if she knew!

I actually have told most people about it. I also have been very, very lucky in the fact that everyone has been extremely supportive and encouraging. I am very grateful to have that because as I have read on here not everyone has been so lucky. The only person I didn't tell was my boss because I was afraid she was going to give me a hard time about taking time off during the school year and not vacation to have this done. Luckily, she didn't really question what the surgery was for.

I'm telling anyone who will listen (well, anyone I know). I'm excited about it and would like to be a walking poster for the proceedure. I've said this before, it seems everone I know knows someone who has had this done. I've never met anyone. I would love to talk to someone face-to-face about this. That's why I'm sort of advertising that I'm having it done. Once I've had the banding and I'm on solid ground if someone has questions or concerns maybe I can help or at least direct them to this board.

I wish I'd kept my mouth shut like y'all have! I've told my parents, brother, approx 10 friends, and my boss who is also a friend. (Had to tell him since I was going to be off.) Vehemently did NOT want my extended family told. Hopefully my mom can remember to keep her mouth shut!

Vidahlia - I double dog dare anyone to tell me what I can and cannot eat!! Just smile really sweetly and say, "I'll let you know when I want your opinion/comments. Pls don't hold your breath!" 0:-)

I have only told my mum, a friend who is also getting it done, and my sister cause i think she should do it too, otherwise noone else, am yet unsure how to go about the work thing, but working with alot of women who constantly analyse everything that goes into your mouth i couldn't be doing with the hassle.

I'm telling everybody! But thats just sort of the nature of my world. You can't tell anyone in my immediate family anything without everyone else finding out. Better to keep them in the loop and let them encourage me.

Pretty much the entire office staff at work knows too. My hubby and I both work there, and among 13 members of the office staff, I am the one girl. They boys are like family (even helped me pick out the shoes and tiara for my wedding!). I am very lucky that everyone is very supportive, and even are helping me stay on my pre-surgery diet. If I cheat, and they see it, there will be lectures. Helps keep me honest!

Of course my husband who is my #1 supporter, my 16 year old daughter and made her promise not to tell anyone, 1 of my brothers and my godsister. I couldn't tell my parents cause my mother is so fearful and I didn't want her to have that worry on my surgery day. I have 2 step children who are on their own and I chose not tell them because I don't want them telling their Mom cause then she would tell everyone she knew.

I have told my wife, her parents, my parents. That is it. I am not telling anyone at work - I am actually using vacation time for the surgery so I don't even have to say I am having surgery. I feel this is private to me and is my choice - I don't need to tell people about it.

I too don't really want to tell too many folks. However, if I am blessed enough to lose as much as folks I'm reading about here have lost, the cat will certainly be out of the bag. I work in a huge place (DH works there as well). I've lost and gained the same 40 to 45 lbs for past 6 yrs., so they'll all be buzzing... I already know it. Plus, I talk a lot when I'm excited about something... let me start dropping and I'll I won't be able to hold it. My manager is absolutely against anything like this - too bad.

So, of course DH knows, he's going with me; My sisters and brothers all know I want it - but, I don't believe they think I'll actually follow-through. I wish I could just shut up, but I'm so excited. Besides, if it works for me - I'd really like to share! We will see!

everyone I know, knows. And people who stumble across my blog know too. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm seeing a great counselor that's really helped me reclaim my life for myself and to really say to heck with the rest of them that don't matter anyway. :wink_smile:

I have told everyone I know just about.lol Either way, it is my body, my decision, and my life. I feel it is so much better than continuing my yo yo dieting or nothing at all. We are choosing to do something about our health, something positive, surely people can realize that it is the best possible thing I can do for my family, to be the healthiest mom I can be. They are so proud, it just reiterates that I made the right decision. :thumbup:

I am proud of myself, and it shows physically, mentally, and spiritually. :wink_smile:

I've told all family members and friends.

I'll need all the support I can get. :rolleyes:

I know they will not judge me, they will

only help!!! Thank God.