Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not so great news

I started bleeding yesterday afternoon and called the doctor right away as I never bled during my first pregnancy. He told me to come in for an ultrasound and exam.

They did the ultrasound and all seemed fine. Then the doctor came in. He told me that he's a little bit concerned over the bleeding and mild cramping I had. But his biggest concern is with my ultrasound. I had one two weeks ago and the baby measures at about 6 weeks. In this ultrasound the baby measured at 7 weeks. It should be measuring at 8 weeks. He's concerned about the lack of growth and that it may be a sign of a future miscarriage. He feels that I have a 50/50 chance of taking this baby to term.

You know, this was an unplanned pregnancy and I had myself believing that there was a purpose for me bringing this baby in the world and now, aside from being upset, I feel so angry. Like God is messing with my head or something. There was such a slim chance of me getting pregnant while on birth control and then to say it can be taken away like that doesn't make any sense to me.

I go for another ultrasound in two weeks to see if there is any growth. In the meantime my doctor prepared me for what a miscarriage may feel like and how to know when to call him.

Sorry Libra, and while I know how it feels like God is messing with you, it's really that he just has a plan, whether we understand it or not.

Thanks for the support. I'm feeling better about this. I had a long talk with my best friend and she and I started picking apart everything that happened at the doctor's office that day. From the fact that the tech was having trouble finding the baby in the ultrasound and that I just spotted a little, I'm noticing there is definitely room for error.

Part of the concern for the doctor was that the baby was measuring a week younger than it should. But in all honesty, the tech was really struggling to find the baby at all. She was pushing on my stomach and complaining about how she could barely see it. There is a really good chance she measured it incorrectly.

As for the bleeding, my best friend's sister in law got her period for the first 5 months and didn't even know she was pregnant until month 6.

I'm not saying all is well. (I'm being really careful not to overdue it) But I'm realizing that just because the doctor was preparing me for the worst, that doesn't mean the worst is coming. I'm pretty confident that the baby will be fine.

I'm sorry to hear that. But you are right, some women have periods up until they deliver and it is normal for some. Keep us posted.

I had a miscarriage last night. It was pretty upsetting. I just wanted to wish all of you pregnant ladies lots of luck and happiness. I'm going to stay away from this board for a little while. I'm sure you understand. Thanks for all of the support.

So sorry for your loss Libra, I understand the want for a break but reach out if you need it.

-hugssss- so sorry hun