Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I had my lapband done on the 18th and I am going CRAZY!!! My diet consists of G2, bottled Water, sugar free Jello, sugar free popscicles, and broths. I'm about tired of it. You wanna know whats worse though. The commericals on TV. I keep seeing commercials with these huge beautiful juicy hot bacon cheeseburgers with tomatoes, lettuce, and onions. (I hate onions, but at this point if you'd hand me one I'd eat it) I called the Doctors office today to see if maybe I could eat some cream of chicken ( i love cream of chicken) and of course, NO was the answer. I have to stay on Clear Liquids only.

Someone answer this for me. Why the clear liquids? I know Phase 2 is to teach you how to each in moderation again not sure about whats beyound that but I have no idea what this liquid diet is for. Maybe for you stomach to get use to having something wrapped around it, for the healing process, I DONT KNOW. All I know is, I want something real!!

Can someone please tell me how they got through this Phase without wanting to smack someone beside you because they have chips or even worse, a small slice of pizza? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Good grief your stomach just had something wrapped around it, then the doc took part of your stomach, brought it up around the band, and sewed it into place! It needs to heal!

I know you are suffering. I've been doing a "mostly" preop liquid diet (I get 3 oz of chicken a day and let me tell you, it is not a bacon cheeseburger) for 4 weeks, have a week to go, and then my doc requires 2 weeks of liquid post op! BUT it is worth it. Hang in there and give your body a time to heal and get ready for your new lifestyle!

I know exactly how you feel, the commercials were really tough!! I guess they still are but they dont bother me as much any more. Liquids are to help your stomach start the healing process. If your stomach has to start digesting food too early the stitches in your stomach wont heal properly. When the stomach is digesting food it actually contracts and moves around, so that is why clear. How much longer are you on clear liquids? I know it feels like it will never pass, but it does. Try to do some kind of hobby that in no way could involve food, like a puzzle or something. For me the computer was a trigger at first too because I used to eat in front of the computer all the time. Anyhoo, good luck and remember that this will all pass!

I know exactly how you feel, the commercials were really tough!! I guess they still are but they dont bother me as much any more. Liquids are to help your stomach start the healing process. If your stomach has to start digesting food too early the stitches in your stomach wont heal properly. When the stomach is digesting food it actually contracts and moves around, so that is why clear. How much longer are you on clear liquids? I know it feels like it will never pass, but it does. Try to do some kind of hobby that in no way could involve food, like a puzzle or something. For me the computer was a trigger at first too because I used to eat in front of the computer all the time. Anyhoo, good luck and remember that this will all pass!

:smile:I can advance to PHASE 2 on Sept.1. I was guessing that the reason for the liquid diet is for the healing process. The computer is my hobby and it does help alot. I know this is all going to be worth it in the end so I dont mean to complain. I just really needed to vent. Ive tried to say the same thing that I said on here to my husband, my mom, and my dad, but none of them have been through this and don't have any idea what it is like.

I feel your pain big time. I've been meaner than a hornet. LOL

BUT...it's worth it, like you said.

the commercials killed me to! everytime i saw one i would just change the channel for a few minutes then go back to what i was watching,it did help,now i dont even notice the commercials anymore,make sure you are drinking your Protein Shakes they do help, its always gotta be tougher before it gets easier,just hang in there change the channel when u see a food commercial and remember Protein shakes!! best wishes!

SassyMama you cracked me up!!! I laughed out loud when you said you would eat an onion if someone handed it to you, and you don't even like them...... I'm sorry you're having such a bad time, but this to shall pass. Hang tough. You do not want to risk harming your band or messing up your stitches. Be patient. It will all be worth it when you step on that scale!!!

Hopefully this will be encouraging. The third day out was the day that I waseither hungry or head hungry becuase I wanted everything that I say or could think of. Since then, I have been fine, even sat in front of the food at a potluck and watched everybody eat. It was just a fluke that one day so hopefully you will follow suit and the cravings will pass. You are strong and you can do this.

My first meal after 1 week was about 1/4 cup of Cream of Wheat. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!!!! But I wasn't hungry at all until about the 5th day.

This might sound like a silly suggestion, but since the commercials were driving me nuts I just started watching dvd's or avoiding normal television. It is just too hard at that stage.

Best of luck to you :0)

My first meal after 1 week was about 1/4 cup of Cream of Wheat. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!!!! But I wasn't hungry at all until about the 5th day.

I am on a clear liquid diet until Sept. 1. We are having a cookout that day. Everyone is going to have hamburgers and hotdogs that day except for me. I am going to have my hubby grill me up a small piece of boneless chicken, then I am going to put it in the blender with some seasonings and chicken broth and puree it (since Phase 2 calls for pureed foods)

Now I have a question. In my folder it says that you can have 1 1/2 ounces 3 times a day. No snacking between meals and remember ur fluids and Protein. I am assuming that the 1 1/2 ounces means for everything not per food you want to eat, right? I think 1 1/2 ounces of chicken should be plenty. I think that I am going to drink me a slimfast sometime during that day so that I stay fuller longer.

I have been complaining about not being able to eat "real" food. But as I think about it, I am afraid of when I start Phase 2. I mean, you are still really limited as to what and how much you are allowed to eat, but you get 1 1/2 ounces 3 times a day, and I'm really afraid that I am going to end up gaining instead of losing. Does anyone else have that fear?

I'd BETTER not gain. Unless you're just eating butter...actually I don't think even 4 1/2 ounces of butter (3 1 and 1/2 ounce meals lol) has enough calories (3500) to make a pound. You won't gain on mushies unless it's a little Water put back to replace hydration. But otherwise, it is just about impossible IF you do what doc says. No milkshakes etc...

Sassymama-

Hi. I have been banded for almost six months and I have a secret to tell you. The first six weeks are the hardest. Not only are you hungry, but you have lost a way to cope with stress, something you have always had to give you pleasure...all at once. Cold turkey. Oh it's hard.

But if you can get through it, this short time (though it doesn't feel short when your hungry and all you're allowed is clear liquid) then you can get through anything.

If you break the rules now, at the beginning, it might be easier to not stay on track later on.

I'm not your Dr. I am not telling you what to do, I am asking you to be strong. It gets better.