Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fenton vs. PRCowboy Challenge

Nice work Dave and Harold. I'm hoping to see the 240's this week...

Thanks Mike!!

I know you want to be in the 240's by your year mark so I'm cheering for you! You are one of my hero's on this site....I know you can do it. Good Luck.

Hey guys........New to here....getting banded in St. Louis in 3 weeks.....starting at 342 and 5' 9":thumbdown: Can't wait to get this going! Any bits of advice from you experts?

Allan

Yay. Had a nice drop this week ! Down 4 lbs to 248 - finally in the 240's and 10 lbs from first goal. I have rescheduled my one yaer post surgery doctors appointment for Feb 4 so hope to drop a few more pounds before then. Honestly have not changed much of anything - I think I was just in the dreaded weight loss holding pattern a/k/a a plateau. Ok maybe a few Christmas Cookies here and there and a bit more holiday "cheer" than usual. At least I never gained. Whatever - seem to be back on the losing track and now looking forward to the 230's !!

Allan - surgery and recovery are, for the most part, a breeze. Get used to eating small portions, chewing like mad and focusing on the right foods (e.g., Proteins first!). Make sure you have a "plan" for post-op (your surgeon or nutritionist should give you eating "instructions" for at least the first couple of months). Listen to all the experts (dr's, nutritionist's) advice. And by all means - get moving. Walk walk walk at first and build it up as your body tolerates. Congratulations on your surgery.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Guys we are bringing in the new year right - Motivated for are own good health.

Mike great job but you better keep looking back I am right behind you.

Mrboswell keep up the good work.

Rick good to here from you. You will be below 280 soon how much fill do you have? I am at 4.5 cc next fill Feb 18

Allan good to see you join are little group have some advice start walking right now ever day if you are not already. I did before Surgery best thing I could of ever done to help myself.

Hey guys........New to here....getting banded in St. Louis in 3 weeks.....starting at 342 and 5' 9":thumbdown: Can't wait to get this going! Any bits of advice from you experts?

Allan

Allan,

I'm in no way an expert (banded 10/2/08) but I can give you some insight into the first few months (for me anyway)...Most Doc's put band in empty = no restriction....the liquid diet I did the week before and first 2 weeks after surgery basically shrunk my stomach, so when I started on mushy foods, I had already decreased my intake, and felt full after eating much less food. but 1, 2, up to 3 fills, you don't feel restriction so you can eat anything (almost)..I tried to do 1 Protein shake for a meal to make sure I could get a decent amount of protein...(I lost 17 pounds in the 2 weeks leading up to surgery, then 8 pounds in month 1 post op. I had first fill after month 1 (2cc's) and felt NO restriction. I lost 3 more pounds in month 2, (again eating whatever I wanted but quantity was way less), 2nd fill (2cc's more = 4cc's total) and POW, I felt restriction! I lost 13 pounds in December!! Couldn't eat rice, Pasta, potatoes, corn, and was struggling to get enough Protein in each day. Chew, chew. chew, rest between bites, slow down. It often takes me 30+ mins. to eat 1/2 a chicken breast. or 1/2 a hamburger patty...but I definitely feel full!!

I need to echo the exercise mantra: you need to get moving, everyday at least walk, I also am in the gym for cardio (elliptical, light weights, stretching, core strengthening, just started on the Stair Master)...you have got to do it. A little bit in the beginning, and if you do it everyday, you will feel stronger, and can increase the duration/resistance, etc.

Good Luck, Allan, it's a great decision you're making to take care, and to care about yourself!! Have faith in you, and you will see results :scared2:

Good luck, and keep in touch to share you progress.

OG

I am @4.5CC for fill in a 14CC band. Feels like plenty of restriction. I can get jammed very easily if I dont chew the crap out of whatever I eat but if I do I can eat pretty much anything. Still holding fairly steady in weight and it seems to fluctuate up and down but averaging around 285 for now and being stubborn. I hike a lot but the snow is deep here now and so I dont get out as much. Using a treadmill but dont care for it but amazingly I can do situps again! No giant belly in the way anymore! I am patient and KNOW that the weight will start down again for me. Has anybody heard from Fenton, he started on this thread and has since disappeared?

Monday Weigh-In! I'm absolutely amazed that the weight keeps coming off! I've never been on a diet where I've drop so much weight so rapidly! It's crazy. Anyway- down 3 more this week. Thought I'd do a recap just to put this whole thing in perspective.

11/3/08-335

11/10/08-330

11/17/08-325

11/24/08-320

12/01/08-315

12/08/0/-313

12/15/08-318

12/18/08-1st fill 3cc

12/22/08-315

12/29/08-306

01/05/09-304

01/12/09-300

01/14/08-2nd fill 1cc

01/19/09-298

01/26/09-295

Hi Guys: Down three lbs in the past 2 weeks now at 247 pat on back. Giving Mike a run of it now if I just over look the fact that you are 4 inch's taller than me.

Great job Dave.

Last week I walked 16.89 Miles not bad for me. Bet Big Rick beats me all to hell in this area even in the snow. Here in Mesa AZ last week the Temprature is running in the seventies Ha Ha. :)

70's ? Very jealous Harold. It was 11 in my car this am. By the way, you may be 4" shorter, but you are also 29 years older - so that makes us even. Great job. Yes Dave, a week from tomorrow will be one year. Hard to believe. I am now 247lbs down from 338lbs (I lost 1lb this week). I met with my dr. this past Monday and they seem happy. I have a fluroscopy on Tuesday to make sure innards are well. I still have over a week to go to drop a few more. Next weigh in will be the 1 year mark.